It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Irish Were Robbed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'm not Irish but I feel their pain. Eliminated from the World Cup on a goal setup with a clear hand ball by France's Thierry Henry.

DUBLIN - Ireland has given up hope of a World Cup playoff replay against France because of Thierry Henry's hand ball.

Henry's deliberate handling set up a goal for William Gallas in Wednesday's 1-1 draw that sent France to next year's tournament and knocked out Ireland. The Irish appealed to the French federation to agree to a replay but were turned down Friday.

"We regret that despite our best efforts for a replay, which would have restored the integrity of the game in front of a worldwide audience, our calls appear to have fallen on deaf ears at the French Football Federation," Football Association of Ireland chief executive John Delaney said Saturday. Source

If the French had any honour they would offer the Irish a chance to go to penalty kicks, which is what would have happened if the goal was disallowed. I don't fault Henry as he admits he handled it but the ref didn't call it, so he kept on playing. Here is the play in case anyone missed it:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
looks like FIFA doesnt care :shk:

those old guys need to go :bnghd:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Didnt Thierry Henry also want a replay?

It sucks that they got eliminated but unfortunantly thats the way it goes. At least it wasnt in the world cup like that little cheat Maradona

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Another sport robbed by the ref.

This is horrible and should not be.
I'm so mad by this.
I hope that someone can convince the xgames to repeal the decision and let them replay the game in over time.

Arggg
The poor Irish after handing over Gb to the eu.
The Irish need a break

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Kargun]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
double post

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

How about this.

This is BTS... a place where people come to chat about things that are NOT conspiracy related.

Things like sport, music, recipes and so on.

Yeah man... you know..all the NWO stuff that poisons our minds..

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You are right.
I'm sorry.

It's just that sports seem to be all every one talks about yet we have more pressing issues to deal with.

Seriously though, the Irish get the shaft in that one!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
edit

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

Of course there are more important issues man.

Start a thread on ATS about overpaid sports stars and how sports and entertainment in general have been used over the years to dumb people down.
I actually agree with you somewhat.

Would be a cool thread

top topics

join