It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

zombies ever be real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
i know there a a few threads on zombies, but.... can or do you think they will ever be real zombies?

club.myce.com...

www.mindfully.org...

if they test this on humans could it go wrong?
and as in the uk atm swine flu is getting a resistance to tamiflu, so cold it mutate in a few years....... i was just wondering what all u thoughts are on real zombies.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
well just in case better read the zombie survival guide and world war z (both by max brooks. could be wrong on the name.)

and this is pretty funny but informative (as always)
WARNING: graphic language and gore (the fake movie kind of gore though)
5 scientific ways zombies can happen

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
One can only hope that some time (in my lifetime) that a zombie plague hits the earth. Most fun thing ever.....

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I certainly wouldn't Think so, but what do I know. I mean, when I see a man shuffling down the Sidewalk Moaning to AnyOne who will listen about How Miserable Life is, it kind of makes me Wonder. Of course, at least a Zombie would have the Decency to at least be Content; if not always happy. Just some simple Conjecture.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think it would be compelling to turn a vegan into a zombie... just to see if it looses it appetite for Tofu.

IRM

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I wonder where one Could Get such an Interesting Avatar. I also wonder what it Would be Like for a False Person to Get Just Deserts.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I think anyone who has ever been dead for a few minutes or longer, then is revived is in fact a zombie. they are just quietly waiting until their numbers are large enough to stage a takeover. in the meantime they pray on the homeless....

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well lets suppose you were driving your bread truck, 3 am, doing deliveries in a small city of 250,000, streets at that time, almost empty except the odd taxi.

Ahead you see a taxi up against a telephone pole, over there, is another car up ahead, over a fence, into a yard, its dec 21 2012 you expect something might happen, and don't stop, but drive on, and see more of the same.

Ahead you see a person, in the street, in a daze, you know its happened.
What someone told you would happen, the sun has emitted a giant burst of neutrinos, and has wiped the memories of every person on earth clean, like babies, except for one out of every hundred which are totally unaffected.

The changes are permanent, and they all just have instinctual behaviors, those affected. Physically they are the same, but they can't talk, they don't know who they are, or where they are, they can't even dress or undress as these would be learned behaviors.

They have the intelligence of apes or chimps, but have not learned any behaviors. They have only instinct. They are like Alzheimer patients.

Its 3am, and you are not affected. And they are not hungry yet.

You know there will be survivors, but only you, knew this would happen, and only you were prepared.

Here is the city...
Victoria BC

You had thought this out a bit, and thought that the old armoury, might be the best place to set up a type of headquarters for the survivors, at 3am, there is only maybe one guard in the place, chances are he is now a zombie like almost all the rest.

Its Dec. 21, it's cold, and its raining.

What's your plan?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris555

Well that Situation is ObViously simple. The One Guard would more than Likely act upon the Long Dead memories of his Former Life. So, he would continue to Stand in one place.

Now, depending on which Type of Zombies we are Discussing Really changes the Next Move. If they are the Type that Doesn't eat Animals, then a Small mammal could be Fitted with some Sort of Distracting Device like a Flashlight with a Loud Noise.

If the Animal was Released near the 1 Guard, then it would act upon its Instinct and Chase the poor Thing. Allowing the Survivor to Go in Unharmed.

With the Food from the Truck of Bread, He could Survive for an Extended Period of Time. The Only Remaining Conundrum would be Gathering the Remaining Survivors without Attracting the attention of the Undead Hordes.

Of Course, that Would be what I would do. Just the Plan of 1Man

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Well that's an interesting thought, but you mentioned the bread, I hadn't thought of that, there would be also pastries. However, the door would no doubt be locked, and he wouldn't know how to open it, even if you waved a pastry in the window.

I think if you were certain it had occurred, and it was not just a drunken Friday night, lets say radio stations off the air, and everywhere you look as you drive around yes, they are all zombies, then forced entry, through a second story window, if you could find a ladder, but then the guard might just go ape on you, for whatever reason. But you could try to persuade him out the door with pastries. Its all pretty iffy stuff, but then that's just the start of your problems.

The power will go out in the city, maybe in 4 hours, maybe in 4 days, but fires are already breaking out all over the city and all over the world.

As soon as the power goes out, without heat, all the buildings will freeze inside also, as by Jan 10 here, the temperature is below zero, and there will be snow, for perhaps 2 weeks on the ground. (short winter in Victoria)

By Jan 10, almost all the zombies will be dead, from exposure, and rotting and spreading disease, even in the air on the wind.

200,000 corpses mostly in homes, and apartments if it happens at night.

People will wake up, and find they are in a house with zombies and flee into the street. If it is 1 out of every hundred, in total, men women and children of all ages, would only amount 2,500 survivors if they all survive.

Many will not leave, but stay with their loved one, trying to do the impossible, help them get well. They will die.

So you have managed to get the guard out of the armoury, and you have secured some propane heaters to heat the place, and have secured it and have acquired an ambulance with a siren, and are now patrolling the street looking for survivors. Its 8am the next morning, fires everywhere...

You realize some of the survivors, may already be sick, children, will be helpless. Getting people to the armoury is just the first step, if you don't evacuate them to some place safe, they will die from disease.

If you put them all in the same arena, they will all get sick from normal colds and flu. So you need to separate them.

Lets hope you have 5 able bodied helpers. Good strong men.

You send them to the RV place, to start bringing RV's there so that people can be housed in RV's. You park them by the docks in thecement yard a couple blocks away, a staging ground, for getting them on boats, and into the gulf islands to safety.

You have maybe 6 weeks, since it is cold enough to preserve the dead, and prevent the real smelly spread of disease everywhere in the city. Remember flies will be on them, and they will carry disease everywhere.

Am I missing anything?

The armoury is the headquarters of the Canadian Scottish Regiment now, administrative offices I guess, vacant at night, maybe as many as 20 or 30 officers during the day.

Since it is an armoury, there may be a weapon stores, similar to that on the bottom of this page. Canadian Regiment

I think you would wants some weapons with you if possible.

As a for instance you could maybe mount an M2 Browning Machine Gun on the roof even if you wanted to, to provide cover for the RV's in the cement yard 2 blocks away, or one of these in case you need to penetrate 1 foot thickness of steel plating or 2 feet thickness of reinforced concrete.

What are the dangers of disease in this situation? Does anyone know?

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Osiris555]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
All I say to people is..... "prove to me it cant happen"....... and they cant. Listen to morgan freemans commentary in the beginning of "war of the worlds" and that says it all. We as humans think we know it all, we think were so strong and superior. We think we have seen it all.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Look at us!!

WE are zombies. I hear that some of the chemtrails carry Zombie dust (This is not a joke, i heard it on Steve Quayle) Its keeping us unable to react to this freaky new world we live in.

Google: Zombie Dust.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Zombies Are Real! I have found a whole bunch of them. They are not easy to tell apart though.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You mean they're not real?
What the hell have I been hunting all these years?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I think it would be compelling to turn a vegan into a zombie... just to see if it looses it appetite for Tofu.

IRM

OMG there is a movie in that statement, I see a hoard of Z's attacking a field of soybeans. LOL .

as for the OP i could see how some kind of viral or chemical agent could cause non concious behavior in humans. like sleep walking on a HUGELY violent level.
As for walking dead i dont really see that happening, although i can see Large ammounts of adrenaline causing people to be harder than normal to kill. Kind of like someone who is hopped up on drugs getting shot 8-9 times and still going.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Bring it on. Although I would rather us rage war against TPTB before they can fully instigate it, A post zombie Apocalypse world would be nice. Those smart enough and capable enough to survive, would probably be pretty good at building a new and better world.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacobTeDreamerIV.

I also wonder what it Would be Like for a False Person to Get Just Deserts.

Ummm... okay.... could you be anymore cryptic? I must admit that I have a weakness for desert though... especially Cheese Cake!

IRM

[edit on 23/11/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

If I wanted you to eat Tasty Food, then I would have typed "Desserts."

Speaking of Which I would greatly enjoy the Pastries Osiris555 mentioned. Now as far as the rest of the Zombie Survival Situation goes, it seems to be a Good plan outline. The only Problem I can really discern is that the Survivors would need some Organized leadership. 1 Man couldn't be elected, 'cause that would be dangerous. As per the quote "Power Corrupts, but Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely." I would say that it would have to be more of a Democratic Republic. Of course, even that type of system has some serious problems. If there are too many Leaders, then it might take too long to reach a consensus. If there aren't enough, then decisions could be made poorly. In my opinion one would need no more than 10, but no less than 8.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacobTeDreamerIV.

If I wanted you to eat Tasty Food, then I would have typed "Desserts."

Speaking of Which I would greatly enjoy the Pastries Osiris555 mentioned. Now as far as the rest of the Zombie Survival Situation goes, it seems to be a Good plan outline. The only Problem I can really discern is that the Survivors would need some Organized leadership. 1 Man couldn't be elected, 'cause that would be dangerous. As per the quote "Power Corrupts, but Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely." I would say that it would have to be more of a Democratic Republic. Of course, even that type of system has some serious problems. If there are too many Leaders, then it might take too long to reach a consensus. If there aren't enough, then decisions could be made poorly. In my opinion one would need no more than 10, but no less than 8.

Apparently Romero has a new movie coming out where they escape to an island, and try to decide whether or not to kill their zombie relatives who have not yet become cannibalistic, or to do nothing and hope for them to get better or a cure to be found. Apparently when they evacuate, they bring relatives with them.

So according to Romero, the expert on all of this, this new movie of his deals with tribalism.

And I suppose you are talking about the same sort of thing. What sort of new world will it be? Well, if it was just a random act, that caused this zombification, then the world would not change because human nature would not change.

But, if it is not a random act, but perhaps some sort of predestined act, that follows some higher purpose or meaning, then it is assumed that those who survive are somehow special and then, it may or may not be a big leap, to think well, do not normal healthy intelligent people with good conscience always get along?

Of course they do. Its only the sociopaths and psychopaths who have no conscience who spoil things for all the rest. One bad apple spoils the whole bunch otherwise, people would simply find the middle ground all the time, and work together on all things.

If it is the Romans and the Greeks who survive, (Titans and Olympians) then will things change?

Will it be a republic or a kingship, or an oligarchy, or a tribal council?

Will the wisest and best philosopher king rule this time?

Will it be every man for himself and survival of the fittest, rule by the strongest?

People hiding shooting even the survivors, capturing women, using them even zombie women who are not yet totally cannibalistic?

When TSHTF will people abandon their morals and ethics and live like savages again?

I just found out about this Romero thing today. Here is a quote...

"The 2009 release, which is filming in and around Toronto, doesn't have a title yet. But it does have a concept. "It's about tribalism," says Romero about the story that unfolds on a small island a couple of weeks after the original outbreak in 1968's Night of the Living Dead. "There are two factions. It's the idea that even when faced with a crisis, tribal concerns about power control people's motives."
One side wants to kill off zombified loved ones before cannibalistic urges strike. The other would rather wait to see if there is a cure for such cravings. "They want to leave Grandma in the rocking chair for a while longer," he says. "It's not a good idea.""

Now the way I am thinking is if you want to keep a zombie as a pet, then you are not coming with the rest of us to our island. We KNOW why they turned into zombies, we know what it is, we know what causes it, we know all about it and like some movies have stated, this has happened before.

So it's not a political decision, its a scientific decision, and I think that science and data and facts and reasonable argument, backed up with very big guns, is what will make the difference between survival and the end, of the human species. There will be plenty for all, so it won't be a fight for survival or resources that way.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by Osiris555]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I watched a new zombie movie this morning which dealt with the learned behaviors.
Land of the dead. In this movie, they are learning behaviors by watching people.

Now the question is, if, people have totally lost their memories, and are now zombies acting on instinct, is it possible that they might relearn everything as some people have done in car accidents? Then would it not be prudent to keep them and try to nurse them back to health?

I agree with Romero. Maybe some people have heard about that woman who kept a chimp as a pet, and how it ripped her hands and feet off and half ate her? She was on Oprah.

Nonetheless, surviving as a species, is more important than the survival of some of the affected. And the odds of surviving are greatly improved without them. How do you care for yourself, if you are in a total care situation for someone else who cannot even go to the bathroom themselves, and who might at any time become violent?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join