It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no hope for us. There is nothing we can do. It is too late.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It sounds like you need a companion and a romantic relationship. Take a lover.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
It sounds like you need a companion and a romantic relationship. Take a lover.

Windwaker...I am happiliy married with a perfectly fine sex life and romantic relationship. I was just extremely discouraged last night. Feeling a bit better today.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
hey...get off your ass, and quit feeling sorry for yourself...jesus, you think these are tough times?...i'm 56, and i've listened to some of the horror stories of my grandparents before they died. 2 families living in 1 house, trying to live on potatoes, flour, and corn because nobody could afford anything else. having only 1 pair of shoes, and a small suitcase of clothes to wear. having to get down on your hands and knees and scrub floors for 10 hours striaght just so you could earn 4 bits (50 cents), enough to buy some meat and maybe have a bone for soup the next day. picking corn all day, all the while your hands bled from the cuts of the corn husks. my grandmother telling me with a blush and a low voice, about how she was a waitress, and the men would grab her breasts and feel her behind, but she never complained for fear that she wouldn't be tipped, or worse fired by the boss. GET A BACKBONE, STAND UP, AND START ALL OVER AGAIN IF YOU HAVE TO!!!

Thanks Jimmyx I do understand what you are saying and I appreciate your direct nature. The difference between your mentioned struggles and what I am feeling is not about material possessions, poverty or anything of that kind. I have have a icky feeling inside when I think about humanity. When I look at my children I am disgusted with the filth the world tries to feed them. I cant totally describe my ill feeling but it has nothing to do with day to day living. Maybe I am trying to hard to communicate this when I should be hearing you guys out... Thanks again Jimmyx. I do appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cedik
reply to post by jimmyx

@ mplsbookworm

I do also think that this thread is a cry for help/attention, when people try to help you should not be a martyr and say 'oh, i dont need help' because due to the nature of this thread you apparently do.

my 2p

Thank you very much for your reply. I truly wasnt looking for help when I posted my feelings. I was using ATS as an outlet. Writing and singing is what I do to release tension in a world that most times wont listen to or cant comprehend my views. I do understand what you are saying and the reason I, yesterday, was defensive is because I wasnt looking for anything. I was making a statement. I dont seek attention....I am actually overwhelmed with it daily. I never seek advice..... man can rarely advise me. I was truly fed up and disgusted with everything outside of my husband and children.....and to be honest my father. I needed and outlet and ATS was there.

On the otherhand I learned today that I DID need help. I wasnt consciously seeking it, but recieved it and was reminded that although I may not personally know anyone who understands the truth of our current state and is intellectual AND caring enough to converse with me.....you guys are out there. Sometimes I feel alone because I am in my physical view, one of a kind. I cant see you guys but I feel you. Thanks and sorry for my defensiveness. I was just irritated

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by mplsbookworm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are teaching, instructing, your children to be hopeless?

those without a positive course in living their lives are doomed to victimhood ...
running into brickwalls every way you turn
should not breed hopelessness...i think your self diagnosis is way off,
i suggest you do a lot deeper soul searching

I agree. My saying I am teaching them or instructing them to be hopeless was off...I do not instruct them to be nor let them see my hopelessness. I always teach them to be hopeful.....I was just kinda exhausted. Thanks for your reply...I appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic

While I don't share your hoplessness, I envy it. You are at an amazing mental point right now for doing something great!

They say that depression and intense questioning leads to genius because your analytical thinking and critical eyes are at their all time best during these phases.

Maybe that's why there's so many awesome people on ATS (not including myself :lol
. Hang in there. When you find something to believe in, I'm sure it'll be something well worth sharing.

Peace and love. I enjoy happy faces so dont fret. You are appreciated.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

It certainly is a fully sick world we're in .

over the last ten years , everywhere I work , half of the staff are

either speeders or eccy freaks . Highly annoying . They gossip , lie ,

steal , and usually try and set me up for their crimes ! I don't do drugs

and that annoys them no end . ... and the bosses are no different !

I change jobs regularly now , trying to find something without the

voodoo crew ! I know that at least I won't have to put up with any of

that in Heaven !

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I use to think like that as well, but i learned not to long ago that we as people no matter how opressed we are have a right to live life to the fullest even if its for a short time. All is not lost yet and the world will someday realize that peace on earth will exist when religion, currency, and power are left behind in the past so that future generations can find true happiness through whats learned from history.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Being 24 hours later and reading your guys responses I do feel better. My father was diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer last year. In June of this year his job wrongfully fired him and he lost his job of 10 years...and with that went his health care. My Mom got laid off a couple months following. They lost thier house and are now living with me. We got into an argument lastnight and I was sick. I am worried about him but dont know what to do. He is asking me to help him find a lawyer that will help him because he has no money to pay them up front. He is only taking 2 of his cancer medications because he cant afford the rest. Aside from all of this I am a 29 year old married woman with things on my mind.
I was sad, hurt, sick and disgusted yesterday. I was angry with myself, angry at my parents and resourceless.

My daughter has tremors....Familial Tremors to be exact and I was told by doctors years ago that she will grow out of it. Well...she is not. Or hasnt. It is getting worse. She can barely write anymore and kids started teasing her. She has nightmares nightly, wakes up everynight at the same time, she sees things and hears a voice in her head....OMG...It hurts me sooo much to see her going through things but I am teaching her to be strong. I wont medicate her. I wont. They dont get vaccinated and wont. No she doesnt have any tumor or anything of that nature giving her hallucinations so I am not afraid to avoid medical attention. It just gets hard when the world is raining rocks. But, I just bought a steel umbrella.

I truly appreciate everyone and am ever so thankful to see that there is care and concern. Just when I thought ATSers were on a self righteous bindge your guys proved me wrong. You guys are amazing and I am thankful for your love and care.

[edit on 11/22/09 by mplsbookworm]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
there's always hope.

isnt there...

its hard to keep faith. VERY hard. sometimes i have trouble and i get angry too, with this world and th epeople in it and what everyone does to each othe rand to animals.

But do you think this whole universe exists and it all exists for nothing?

what other purpose other than love could there be for existance?

no othe rpurpose that makes sense, to me.

I just read something about a tribal gathering in America of different Mayan etc and other indigenous peoples from across america. They are holding gatherings because they believe the time is coming when major changes are happening.

When humans can choose whether to love each other and the planet and live in peace; or whether to destroy themselves. and everyone has to make an individual choice.

also the indigenous people invited to their gathering, the very people in the govt and military who murdered their family members. they shook their hands and hugged them. could you do that? That incredible act of compassion and faith is based on their beliefs which they are now trying to share with the rest of the world.

they see every person as 'another me'. they aim to have a deep compassion for every single person; and that is th ehardest thing to do i think sometimes.

they believe that mother earth goes through regular earth changes every i think 26,000 years, but whether a civilization is destroyed or not - whether she needs to renew herself - as i undrestand it - depends on how people treat her and respect her and each other.

if they kill the mother, she will renew herself.

they believe all the pollution, hatred, separateness etc is killing her and hastening the coming change.

but if we all stop and take a different attitude, then it may be possible to avert the things that are otherwise ...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I wish you and your family all the best and hope it all works out for you.

re: your daughter and the tremor. she doesnt have mercury fillings does she? my father has the tremor and he has a mouth full of mercury fillings. i am trying to get him to take them out. Mercury was used by hat makers in england and they had bad tremors through their whole body from it. Maybe there is some other exposure to mercury she is getting? (it is found in makeup and lots of other products). Maybe chelation therapy? removal of the source?

My father also has acupuncture regularly which helps somewhat. I think there are stories of people being cured by acupuncture, but i think if it is mercury the source wud have to be removed first.

Caffeine and alcohol exacerbate the effects of the tremor. They block b vitamins which are important for neurological function or something of that sort..

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Well stated! I am very interested in your mentionings and I plan to research them to learn a bit more. Thanks

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Thank you! She does not have mercury fillings nor any exposures that I am aware of. I do know that on her fathers side of the family it runs frequent. I am not sure why or how they get it but I am going to research the area they were born in and see if possibly there was exposure then. I am not good with this sort of thing so I am not sure if past exposure of a great grand parent or something can cause the...mutation if you will.

I have been reasearching herbal remedies and I thank you for the accupuncture reference. I plan to look into this. Thank you so much, I found your information useful.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Well at least they waited until page 3 to start attacking each other. Way better than usual, someone got that part of your point.

I just wanted to add a couple of thoughts here.

I have worked in an international resort for over 20 years. I have spoken to people from every part of the globe and from every race and every religion.

I can say that people generally are miserable, self important, ignorant morons who can't even enjoy their vacation.

I understood your first posts to be regarding the hopelessness for others not for yourself and therefore wanted to point out that you need to worry about yourself and your family’s happiness and forget the ignorance of others. I know humans are not going to get any smarter or happier. The human race is doomed.

However, that does not mean you should not enjoy yourself.

We are here to experience the joy of life. Enjoy every moment while you can and teach your kids to enjoy themselves and not get caught up in the emotional crap they tell everyone is normal.

Just because everyone else is miserable does not mean you have to be.

Like someone said here this is not a good site to visit because it can have a negative effect if you let it.

Of course then I read your last post which has the real reason for your posts. It was not the hopelessness in regards to others (which is what I share) it is your situation that brings you down.

Well that one is actually a little easier. There are prescription assistance services he can get help with the other meds on. Many states have healthcare assistance you can check out. Research it online and you will be amazed at how much help is out there. They also have attorney assistance services in most states.

Hang in there and remember the most important words:

"Don't Worry be Happy"

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Finally someone I can relate to, Especially with the thread bashing lately. ATS used to be a place were people used to work together to DENY IGNORANCE. Times have changed and now, Its all about discrediting the OP. I myself have recently experienced this, not more than afew hours ago.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost in the Machine

The thread bashing drives me nuts. This is my reason for limited posts and replies. It feels like many ATSers are here to solely discredit...without empathy they post and reply not realizing how they themselves seem to be...almost hateful or jealous. While they may not be envious negativity lives within them. I am speaking specifically of those who spend their time replying with judgement. Who have elaborate, irritating posts about 2012 theories and aliens and Obama but have nothing to add to assist the next person in their journey to truth or understanding. I read these threads and posts and sometimes laugh. People tend to forget that emotion or intent is very hard to interpret with words only. A lot of times one may be misinterpreted and attacked by someone who cant see their intent. Misreadings and lack of comprehension leads to misunderstanding and pointless virtual bickering. My favorite quote...A wise man told me dont argue with fools, because people from a distance cant tell who is who"

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join