It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no hope for us. There is nothing we can do. It is too late.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mplsbookworm
I feel is HOPELESSNESS.

Ey m8, don't confuse your feelings of hoplessness with hopenoises. ever tought that tPTB are misleading us in anyway they can? "devide and qonquer tactics"

Our world will be changing, but there is always hope. don't gorget that

regards,

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I've heard it put this way, if you're not paranoid you're not paying attention.

Right you are on many different levels but always remember that it's always darkest before the dawn. We are going through some incredibly bizarre times and we humans weren't engineered for this. We still have to live through it as best we can.

I've hung around ATS for several years and only decided to begin posting this year. It was much better in the old days. I think profit motivation crept in and the rest is history. The intellectual level of the posters seems to have suffered as well but I've discovered that I can learn something from everyone no matter how buffoonish or dimwitted they appear to be.

You mention that you've lost your religion. I tend to believe that it's more a case of misplaced than lost. Try not to judge the Book against the people you see holding it. We were warned that in the last days belief in God would devolve into something it was never meant to be- the human is the weakest link in the chain.

I read years ago that even the angels marveled at God's devotion to the human being. You don't have to spend a lot of time around here to understand their concern. Stick with the Book and allow God to be the teacher. I have long since abandoned organized religion because it bears no resemblance of what it's supposed to be. But, there again, the human is the weakest link.

Personally, I suspect that this generation is the terminal generation who will witness the end of man's dominion over the planet. It's painfully obvious that we're not very good stewards of what we were entrusted with and if left to our own designs we will bring the house down upon ourselves. We are bringing the house down upon ourselves.

I'm in the camp that doesn't believe in alien intervention. In fact, I'm very suspicious of the whole alien thing. I remain open minded but skeptical and have personal reason to be wary. Those who hold out hope for a master race to appear and set our house in order may be hoping for more than they bargain for.

I'm an older guy who was in the military and saw enough that I could not accept that a God that loved anything could allow mankind to do what it does to itself. I've stood on ground so bloody you could barely walk on it. The first forty years of my life was spent as an atheist. But then I began to actually read the Bible and began to understand a good many things that gave me hope.

I'm convinced that the Power that created all things can, at a time of His choosing, bring justice and peace to the world. He must know what He's talking about because the scriptures say that when He comes back He will rule with a rod of iron- in other words, kick ass and take names.

Keep the kids away from the TV and stay the course with the home schooling but try to always keep in mind that nothing you see happening is by chance. It's all for a reason. As absolutely mind boggling as that may be it's true. God didn't abandon man, man abandoned God but He's still around and He's still in charge. Be patient, be hopeful and be prepared for anything. The last days are going to be a wild ride.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I am not practicing Buddhist myself but might I suggest reading Buddhism Plain and Simple by Steve Hagen. This isn't for religious purposes, simply therapeutic, helped me understand life a bit better.

My Mother is 64 years old and lives as a roommate with an even older lady. She's barely able to pay her rent by substitute teaching and as you can imagine she has no retirement and is probably going to work until... well 2012 in my personal opinion. Anyway she has her two kids and that is what she lives for, unfortunately not something that is all that fulfilling when your kids are all grown up. I am not going into anymore detail but you should know you aren't the only one who shares this struggle. Just wait until you're homeless and then start questing your will and resolve, if it comes done to it that is.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Good Day !
Thank you for your sincerity ! I wish you well with your struggle !
For the sake of your sanity , jump into meditation ! This will help you center.
The mind get's jammed up trying to process to many perspective's you cannot think your way out of this madness ! But, you can learn to be in the eternal Now! Learning to "BE" in non-dual awareness and cultivate natural higher consciousness will free you from the illusion's of duality ! As a parent this evolutionary spiritual progression will pull your children along to a healthier place. " IF " is nothing but a potential. " NOW " is the reality !

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
hey...get off your ass, and quit feeling sorry for yourself...jesus, you think these are tough times?...i'm 56, and i've listened to some of the horror stories of my grandparents before they died. 2 families living in 1 house, trying to live on potatoes, flour, and corn because nobody could afford anything else. having only 1 pair of shoes, and a small suitcase of clothes to wear. having to get down on your hands and knees and scrub floors for 10 hours striaght just so you could earn 4 bits (50 cents), enough to buy some meat and maybe have a bone for soup the next day. picking corn all day, all the while your hands bled from the cuts of the corn husks. my grandmother telling me with a blush and a low voice, about how she was a waitress, and the men would grab her breasts and feel her behind, but she never complained for fear that she wouldn't be tipped, or worse fired by the boss. GET A BACKBONE, STAND UP, AND START ALL OVER AGAIN IF YOU HAVE TO!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I do agree with what you are saying but your tone is not helpful. If someone is despondent, showing them anger will only make them feel worse.

@ mplsbookworm

I do also think that this thread is a cry for help/attention, when people try to help you should not be a martyr and say 'oh, i dont need help' because due to the nature of this thread you apparently do.

On a more positive note. Your life is a miracle, every day that you can spend alive is a miracle. Think about how complex and brilliant life is. Everything you see will be no-more one day, all you can know is what you feel inside, like the love for your children. Make the most of your time with them. No-one can effect that love, when you feel down, focus on that love.

If you let things get you down it is your fault, learn to react to things differently. Good and bad are the same.

Live for the day, focus on love, when you die, you can die happy knowing you made the most of it.

my 2p

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I see the cycles getting faster and faster friend. Maybe instead of grasping for hope, maybe you should allow yourself a quiet faith. Hope flips to fear. Faith is singular. Even though there is much evil in this world; it is powerless when not hidden in the shadows. The spirals with which people align, their spiritual associations, these WILL NOT remain hidden for much longer. The cycles are starting to move so fast that soon a circle will be able to be seen as a point. For some this is already true. When people see the point, they see the spirit or being behind the cycle. Those with selfish, nefarious motives will be revealed. They must repent or else loose any and all power. It is their choice, and they always have the choice of forgiveness. However, their power to hurt humanity is FAST ENDING.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hope for what? That you can be Captain Kirk? That can be held in your heart secretly, but it shouldn't impact your life any more than dreams of being an NFL QB, winning the lottery or getting trapped in an elevator with Reese Witherspoon and you two realize you have so much in common .... life goes on.

You have a duty to those kids, teach them to be be good, do right and, if they can, stick it to the PTB when proper, but they need to live their lives and reach for their dreams whatever they be - if global warming or disclosure or chemtrails or 2012 or the rapture or the First Islamic Crusade comes it comes, but those kids hopeless about it won't do anything but hurt them - whether the event occurs or not.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
humans don't want the truth, the correct answer or anything that might point them towards a great future - WE WANT DOPAMINE!

Simple as, we're all dopeheads... Yep, all that going to church? Dopamine release! Looking a children? Dopamine release! Making children? Dopamine release! Winning a race? Dopamine release! etc, etc, ad nausium

Modern Medicine has shown we are nothing more than biological counting machines desperate to repeat the feeling we get when dopamine, among other chemicals, is released into our blood supply.

The vast majority of humanity is just trying to feel better, smarter and more important than the rest and the main way we seem to do that is to smash up whatever anyone else is doing, to push them down or simply by shouting loudest or showing off the most.

I certainly don't think any extra terrestrial intelligence would rate us very highly in the grand scheme of things, slightly more technologically developed than ants yet with a less organized social structure.

then again its likely that all human endeavor will one day be consumed by the sun so does it really matter what we do with our three score and ten?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Look within for answers. We are all in this together, but must find our way individually. Focus on yourself and your loved ones. And remember the Creator is cheering for you and evil is necessary so that we can make choices. Make a choice to be more positive. I feel you and these are the things I'm trying to do. Try to hang in there. Respect.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Don't get down friend, there's always hope:

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things...and no good thing ever dies."

Words to live by, even if it's from a movie!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I've come to much the same conclusion, but, alas, I am just here, existing, doing my time, and trying to make it as enjoyable as possible for everyone around me. I've decided that, obviously, the majority of people on this planet are self-serving and/or filled with fear/anger. And many are convinced they have no power over anyting in their lives, even though they are intelligent. They feel the need to have others do things for them and make their decisions for them. They believe whatever is shown to them on the tv or a webpage. I've learned that you can't change those people. If someone is going to change, they will do it of their own accord, learning from others.
Whatever happens, I am here, I am true to my beliefs and nothing will change that. I give much more than I take and I refuse to play the game. You can make a difference in others lives, even from afar, and you have power over how you live your life.
There are many good people out there. There are many who share your beliefs. You are not alone.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mplsbookworm

I love my children.
And they ask questions about God and heaven and Jesus and I cant lie.
I am teaching them to be hopeless as well....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are teaching, instructing, your children to be hopeless?

those without a positive course in living their lives are doomed to victimhood ...
running into brickwalls every way you turn
should not breed hopelessness...i think your self diagnosis is way off,
i suggest you do a lot deeper soul searching

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

yet while we could list reason after reason to view life as a painful, pointless exercise in suffering i wonder if you could come up with any sensible reasons to feel another way?

Ruling out the obvious religious and spiritual short cuts, i.e. because god / gaia / the force gives life meaning...

what is the point of doing anything on this spinning ball of rock when everything that we do causes more pain to a greater number of living things who whatever we do will die and be forgot long before the stars finally fade out. What even would be the point were we to continue forever? surely then it's even more meaningless - when we've reached the end of our 'path' what then? what is worth anything then?

Buddism knows this thats why they aim at 'enlightenment' and 'nirvana' -soul death- the final fazing out of human consciousness back into the void of eternal nothingness.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mplsbookworm

I'm sure almost everyone on this site had a feeling of hopelessness. That's what every single individual goes through when they begin to understand that something is wrong. But that phase will eventually go away and you keep doing what you believe in and what your heart tells you to do. There are many questions left answered. Maybe because we aren't meant to understand them, or maybe they are so deeply concealed that we may never uncover these secrets. Whatever it may be, you do your best as a human being because we might be put on here to be the best we can be, to accomplish things to our fullest potential. Don't give up and do your best!

Realizaton.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hi!

Let me first of all say that I can understand your sense of hopelessness! And when we look around at the state of the world today,it's only natural-especially in regards to the future your children have to look forward to!

Now,..."Stop It!"

How do you do that?...For one,you go back to your faith in the Lord and see it through new eyes. Forget about the churches! God's word is as alive today as it ever was,and He knows what you're going through! He wants you to turn back to Him. He will renew your strength! Read your bible (preferably a King James,or something close). Ask God to lead you and I believe He will answer your prayers through the Holy Spirit,guiding you and giving encouragement.

We are facing dark times ahead,no doubt about that,but we can only wallow in our own misery for so long!(I'm guilty of it myself at times!)

Now is the time for you to draw closer to God than ever before.

Please do so. And if you want to talk to someone privately,please U2U me and I will offer you my undivided attention and concern.

In the meantime,I am praying for you!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mplsbookworm
Sometimes, I just want people to SEE....SEE....SEE...and they wont. My parents wont, my husband wont. IDK.... As far as humanity goes I am hopeless

You can't change other people. They are the ones who make the decision to change.

Just as you decided to be hopeless.

It's your choice, nobody else has a say in what you believe or feel.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Praying doesnt work OntheEdge- it's been proven- millions of $ spent to find the answer alot of us already knew.

to the OP- I would suggest not reading here and focusing on other things in life- reading here only adds to the sense of hopelessness.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This world to me is a prison planet. That is how it is. Hardly any room for individuality and self-expression and gratitude anymore.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join