It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toilet tissue kills

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
its totally such a killer we should all go back to using doggy leafs lol

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
Change your diet. Eat dog food.
My little pug drops nice hard nuggets and never wipes. She just pinches them off clean.
I suspect your mooshy smears are all diet related.
I can't believe anybody actually lived before toilet paper. I mean what did they use? Corn cobs are a joke, right? Leaves? Did people go gather leaves to poop? This is actually a horrifying topic to consider, and I am very happy that toilet paper exists. How can you NOT have toilet paper?!! Wipe with a wash cloth? That is gross. Your hand?! That is disgusting. No wonder there is so much disease in other countries.
My toilet paper country is nice and clean.
Thank you.

Ive heard that hard nuggets are supposed to be unhealthy. If the stuff is more slushy like its better for the body. Not as toxic as the hard uns.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

Originally posted by heyo
I know what you mean. I thought about this years ago and haven't wiped my ass since.
Well I used to, but there is no longer a "paper or plastic" option, and newspapers stain.

I have a bidet, and then get in the shower and use soap and water afterward.

It's actually pretty disgusting to leave a layer of feces on your... skin and butt hair, isn't it? It's like you are walking around with a few small chunks and a thin layer.

How much of the bacteria and fecal matter can you really get rid of with paper?

the answer is home made wet wipes. purchase some cloth diapers, cut them into 3x3 squares. purchase some witch hazel, some distilled water and a medium sized sealed lid container. pour the hazel and water in the container...i don't know the ratio....then place your sheets in the container to soak up the mixture. you can wash them and reuse them as they are used. just remember to knock off the solids in the toilet first.

here is a website showing different uses for witch hazel...

www.wisebread.com...

that my friend is one to grow on.......

-subfab

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
TPTB = Toilet Paper Tuberculosis.

The best thing to do is wait a reeeeeally long time after doing your duty. The anus is actually a self-cleaning mechanism. No wiping needed at all! Read a book. Take a nap. Write long drawn-out paranoid conspiracy theories on an entire roll of toilet paper, then roll it back up nice and neat for the next TP user to read.

A two-hour bathroom break takes the edge off your day job. Especially if you go twice a day.

Outstanding post. I laughed out loud several times. Thank you!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I cant stay too long on the loo as my legs always go to sleep and I then have problems standing up.

But does the anus really clean itself?
I think the stuff would really dry up leaving a crust on your behind. Better clean it rather then letting it dry.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsoul2009

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
This thread contains no evidence. Not even an ATTEMPT at providing any.

why the hell is it at the top of the ATS page? WHY?

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Just because there is no evidence because nobody has even bothered to look doesn't mean there is no evidence at all.

Frankly, I'm surprised at the ignorance and juvenile responses to this important issue.

Forgive me, but I thought that the implications were so OBVIOUS that evidence need not be directly provided. After all, I don't try to provide evidence that salad is green when I'm discussing the mastication of it.

Then again, I only say this because I've come to terms with the dangers of toilet paper, no matter how silly it may seem to the programmed masses who can't think of any other way to clean themselves.

Since you appear too LAZY and to find evidence (which should be entirely obvious, I'll do a 2 minute search... something you are obviously incapable of)

Recycled paper needs to be deinked before it is pulped and processed. This deinking process may involve chlorine to bleach the paper. Chlorine based chemicals can react with paper fibers to create toxic compounds such as dioxin and organochlorines.

Dioxins cause cancer, learning disorders, decreased immune response, diabetes and all sorts of other nasty problems in the environment. By the way, the same chlorine issue is prevalent when using virgin-fiber based toilet tissue too.

www.greenlivingtips.com...

Here is a link to a 65 page report entitled "Survey of Chemical Substances
in Paper Handkerchiefs and Toilet Paper". I think you'll be very surprised at the number of chemicals used to manufacture toilet paper and those same chemicals that remain in the tissue.

www.mst.dk...

A quick example:

hydroxybiphenyl
This substance is often used as a biocide
The substance is on the EU list of hazardous substances under the
classification Xi; R36/37/38. The substance must be labelled with N; R50
(dangerous for the environment/very toxic to aquatic organisms).

Believe me, TP is more dangerous than your now ignorant mind knows.

Sorry sir, but the Carl Sagan statement you quote was not meant to justify or prove theories that have little or no evidence. Yes these chemicals are produced in the production of paper but there is no evidence that harmful amounts exist in the finished product. The title of your post is not only irresponsible, its flat out wrong.
Perhaps another Sagan quote is more appropriate here:

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

There is plenty of evidence that the chemicals are still in the tissue afterward.

For example, I provided a 65 page survey by the Danish EPA which shows this to be true; You obviously are ignoring it (like you are ignoring intelligence and reason).

It describes the chemicals found in off the shelf tissue products.

you can continue to play stupid if you want by ignoring the evidence... just let it be known that there are a myriad of harmful chemicals in the tissue that you apply to your backside.
[/quote

Sorry I'm not buying nor ignoring anything. The Danish paper is interesting - however its only one study. Has it been peer reviewed? If so, please provide the links. Regardless, this paper doesn't prove anything. least of all that Toilet paper kills" - which is over the top hyperbole and as I said. irresponsible.

I am a true believer in science and its methods - but the methods shouldn't allow for such conclusions to be drawn before the evidence is all in and tested. Anything other than that is just being lazy and sensational.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Fett Pinkus

Sorry to hear about your legs... But think about it, animals rarely wipe their asses (and if they do, they must have some kind of unusual itch or burning sensation). Their anuses, like ours, break down and clean the little bits of residue over time. That's why your hole is moist, not crusty.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Not use toilet paper?

Deordorant or soap? (I use natural soap & deordorant and knows who is making mine and what she puts in it. (Greenridge Herbal & SoapworksStudio)

What about the water we drink, the aspartame in your diet sodas, the genetically altered gains, fruites and veggies we eat and feed our cattle.

What about the growth hormones and "other stuff" we feed our domestic animals that become our "food".

What about chemtrails.

Stand next to a big flat screen tv, it's actually hot

What about buried nuclear waste and other toxins that are now in our water table?

The list goes on.

Toilet paper is the least of my worries.

I am not going to do what they do in Africa, use my right hand and a bucket of water.

Besides toilet paper I also find using a baby wipe cleans really good too as an additional safe guard.

and while we are on the subject of hygiene:

I work with many college educated women and I would have to say that almost half do not wash their hands after leaving the stall.

It's flu season

PLEASE: Wash your hands and don't leave your personal mess and germs to gross out the person coming after you or for others to catch.

Okay I will jump down off my soap box now.

Thank you.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hard poops = hemroids later in life. Hemroids are painful.

Drink lots of water and add Benefiber to your diet. Your system will thank you for it. Also, a cup of prune juice works wonders!

I'm still not going to not use toilet paper and baby wipes.

My dog is 18 years old and I have to use diaper wipes on him too.

Very handy, I get the Pampers. Excellent for a "fresh me up"

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemicalbrother

yeh I see where your coming from but what when its all mushy? And the whole backside gets involved. How is it going to be broken down?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

This thread contains no evidence. Not even an ATTEMPT at providing any.

why the hell is it at the top of the ATS page? WHY?

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Just because there is no evidence because nobody has even bothered to look doesn't mean there is no evidence at all.

Frankly, I'm surprised at the ignorance and juvenile responses to this important issue.

Forgive me, but I thought that the implications were so OBVIOUS that evidence need not be directly provided. After all, I don't try to provide evidence that salad is green when I'm discussing the mastication of it.

Then again, I only say this because I've come to terms with the dangers of toilet paper, no matter how silly it may seem to the programmed masses who can't think of any other way to clean themselves.

Since you appear too LAZY and to find evidence (which should be entirely obvious, I'll do a 2 minute search... something you are obviously incapable of)

Recycled paper needs to be deinked before it is pulped and processed. This deinking process may involve chlorine to bleach the paper. Chlorine based chemicals can react with paper fibers to create toxic compounds such as dioxin and organochlorines.

Dioxins cause cancer, learning disorders, decreased immune response, diabetes and all sorts of other nasty problems in the environment. By the way, the same chlorine issue is prevalent when using virgin-fiber based toilet tissue too.

www.greenlivingtips.com...

Here is a link to a 65 page report entitled "Survey of Chemical Substances
in Paper Handkerchiefs and Toilet Paper". I think you'll be very surprised at the number of chemicals used to manufacture toilet paper and those same chemicals that remain in the tissue.

www.mst.dk...

A quick example:

hydroxybiphenyl
This substance is often used as a biocide
The substance is on the EU list of hazardous substances under the
classification Xi; R36/37/38. The substance must be labelled with N; R50
(dangerous for the environment/very toxic to aquatic organisms).

Believe me, TP is more dangerous than your now ignorant mind knows.

so in the course of one post i'm ignorant, juvenile, lazy, and obviously incapable of operating the Internet. and then ignorant again.

you really don't like it when people ask you to prove your claims, do you?

please, tell me how you know i'm ignorant (twice!), juvenile, lazy, and obviously incapable of operating the Internet.

in my two-line original post, what did I say that proved any of these things?

aren't you being a little more juvenile than i am, really? look at this objectively, now. i'd hate to have to call you names.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

so in the course of one post i'm ignorant, juvenile, lazy, and obviously incapable of operating the Internet. and then ignorant again.

you really don't like it when people ask you to prove your claims, do you?

please, tell me how you know i'm ignorant (twice!), juvenile, lazy, and obviously incapable of operating the Internet.

in my two-line original post, what did I say that proved any of these things?

aren't you being a little more juvenile than i am, really? look at this objectively, now. i'd hate to have to call you names.

Did I mention that you are overly sensitive as well?

Why don't you focus your energy on actually reading the evidence I presented instead of saying that it doesn't exist.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I think we just need to eat less casserole that rips through your bowels. You're gonna use more toilet paper.

I'm not sure what the answer is, maybe wash cloths could be tested on a smaller scale.

You have to remember the ancient civilizations didn't have the luxury of Andrex to wipe their arse so maybe we take it for granted.

Makes you think.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
OP, great topic. I had wondered this for years.
Another method I always wondered about was the free samples of soap,
cereal and toothpaste that are inserted into the Sunday papers now and again in the states.

People just accept it as a good thing and ingest whatever is given to them.

If there has not been one yet, it is seriously time for a study on cancer and TP link. If there is one.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Seriously? Sorry I meant @&%$ing seriously? You won't use Toilet paper but you use public water? Don't think that rain water collection and purifacation is gonna make a difference there either. If their putting poisons is Toilet paper, we're just plain done.

This better be a joke man....

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewarhead
ridiculous idea

"use normal then to wipe your ass. but then youll get paranoid about the ink in the paper.. maybe you smoke a bit too much"

I'm not sure who this post was intended for , but I suppose it was my explanation of human bipedalism to explain our species' unique problems with cleanliness after excretion (blame that on evolution or God as you wish).
I wonder: does the poster even realize that his culture is a global minority, even an abnormality in the history of the human family? He should just go read a short history of modern toilet paper which only spread in the 1920s. It is an environmental catastrophe, yet people have been brainwashed into thinking it is normal.
I've actually heard from some Hindu and Muslims people that when they are confronted with US Christian missionaries, all they think about is their filthy, smeared bottoms. The thought actually revolts other cultures. (Just read Salman Rushdie's "Midnight's Children".)
I think it is an insult to insinuate drug use because a poster is exposed to other cultures than your misplaced "normality". Maybe you should do some travelling to other continents to catch a wake up.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nepafogo
Are we that hard up for a topic that we post this? And it is on the front page? What is wrong with people that S&F this post. Ridiculous to the max. Sorry. Thumbs down!

I apologize to the OP. As ridiculous of a topic that this is, it is posted in the ATS Skunkworks forum and by definition totally belongs here.

"The Skunk Works Forum Rules

As mentioned, this forum is for your most outlandish and extreme speculative conspiracy theory ideas. The intent is for like-minded members to engage in collaborative discussions about these theories in an environment that embraces and encourages extreme thought. "

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
hmm, actually, the more i think of this, th more concerned i become, biggest reason is trees, all the trees that are cut down and ground into pulp to be another specie's buttwipes. That in itself is sad... And in a way funny, funny because WHAT IT a race of intelligent tree people from space lands and says: 'Hey, your race is sick! You grind up our ancestor's and use them as a means to clean your feces!'

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I have the solution

Tortillas!

Thats right

corn

or

flour (for delicate bottoms)

WORD!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I just HAD TO add my own 2 cents to this one!

A lot of toilet paper is bleached with a number of agents
including chlorine gas, sodium hydroxide, calcium hypochlorite,
chlorine dioxide, hydrogen peroxide, and sodium peroxide,
which are ALL carcinogenic in high doses.

See this PDf file:

www.p2pays.org...

So whatever goes up your butt, gets absorbed by the thin,
porous tissue within your anus and eventually into your
bloodstream to cause who knows what ailments!

So may I suggest these super-furturistic Japanese Toilets
which literally spray your butt, jet dry it, puff some fragrance
on it and finally tenderize it with some spray-on butt-soothing
lotion! They're totally clean, safe and feel like an Irish Spring!

See these Websites:

The where and why of Fancy Japanese Toilets:
www.theplumber.com...

More Info on Japanese style Super-Toilets (also called Washlets)
en.wikipedia.org...

The demos:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

So if you want the BEST in wiping your butt, go Japanese!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join