It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a "Christian"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The only way to know His Truth, is by His Spirit. The most important question is how do we KNOW His Spirit, so we can know His truth beyond debate?

The answer is very easy!, the question is, will we do it?

Where you just know that you know, that you know, and cant explain, because its Spiritual of truth. How?

Any christian should be able to answer this question?

[edit on 21-11-2009 by DarksDeception]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DarksDeception

How can you say one is correct in stating that the spirit reveals things yet previously say my methodology is unbiblical?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

I think he was talking more about how you said the bible is for weak spirits. In which I disagree as well.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Where you just know that you know, that you know, and cant explain, because its Spiritual of truth. How?

I want to know the answer to this question. If I knew it, I would be turning out 1,000 saved souls a day.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by jhill76]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarksDeception
The only way to know His Truth, is by His Spirit. The most important question is how do we KNOW His Spirit, so we can know His truth beyond debate?

The answer is very easy!, the question is, will we do it?

"Ask and you shall receive"

Open your heart, your mind, your ears and your eyes. Give yourself to the Spirit and the Spirit will give itself to you.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

Sorry for the capitalization of each word. It just looks so much better.

This is another great quote...

"To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables; so they may indeed see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand; lest they should turn again, and be forgiven."

Mark 4.10-12

Just as the first man did not know her[Wisdom] perfectly, the last one has not fathomed her; for her thought is more abundant than the sea, and her counsel deeper than the great abyss.

Sirach 24.28-29

For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophesy is imperfect; but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall understand fully.

1 Corinthians 13.9-12

I had to post this.

[edit on 10/15/2009 by Key2life]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Not necessarily weak spirits. The Bible is the foundation for a strong spirit and a strong spirit is the foundation of truth. It builds and strengthens the spirit. I would not be able to rely on the spirit for truth if at first I never opened my Bible.

The Bible does not inherently grant truth, rather, it grants strength to the spirit which grants truth.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

How does that prove the Bible wrong? We have no record of what exactly Noah brought in his ark. Just because the species are new to us doesn't mean they were new to him.

As for biblical verses, there aren't many concerning the speciation aboard the ark.

What species' he brought it irrelevant. My point is that if the ark landed in Turkey or wherever it supposedly did, HOW did a land-based animal get from there to Australia?
A worldwide flood wiped it out yet it is there, meaning the flood either didn't happen or wasn't worldwide to wipe eveything out as stated in the Bible.

Gen 6:17 "I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish."

1) God destroyed every living thing, except what went with Noah.
2) Living things have been found that weren't on the ark.
= Bible is not accurate.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

How can you say one is correct in stating that the spirit reveals things yet previously say my methodology is unbiblical?

You said that the bible was for the weak in Spirit, Wrong, His Word is Life

Col 2:3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

And where does it say knowledge comes from?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I meant that the Bible is the foundation of building a strong spirit. If you don't have a strong spirit then, well, it's a WEAK one. I am not saying the Bible is completely useless, for I wouldn't have as strong a spirit as I do now if I had never read the Bible. Even now I must use it to strengthen my spirit more and more. I will never be full of pure knowledge. I will never be perfect. I must continue to grow and the Bible allows that. You misinterpreted what I said.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

I meant that the Bible is the foundation of building a strong spirit. If you don't have a strong spirit then, well, it's a WEAK one. I am not saying the Bible is completely useless, for I wouldn't have as strong a spirit as I do now if I had never read the Bible. Even now I must use it to strengthen my spirit more and more. I will never be full of pure knowledge. I will never be perfect. I must continue to grow and the Bible allows that. You misinterpreted what I saying.

What i an saying is that you cannot grow, without the Living Word, not just words in a book. I know you know this, but my question is, how do they become Living, Truth, and not just words?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive

How does that prove the Bible wrong? We have no record of what exactly Noah brought in his ark. Just because the species are new to us doesn't mean they were new to him.

As for biblical verses, there aren't many concerning the speciation aboard the ark.

What species' he brought it irrelevant. My point is that if the ark landed in Turkey or wherever it supposedly did, HOW did a land-based animal get from there to Australia?
A worldwide flood wiped it out yet it is there, meaning the flood either didn't happen or wasn't worldwide to wipe eveything out as stated in the Bible.

Gen 6:17 "I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish."

= Bible is not accurate.

It's said that angels led the animals into the ark and so they could also disperse them after the flood.(By the way it's 2 of a kind for unclean and 7 of a kind for clean)This would result in small isolated groups of animals all over the world which would replicate what we see today in island speciation.

Each new group would be suited quite well for their respective environments thus developing different behavioural mannerisms and patterns that differentiates them from other species.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
hi ya brother~!

yea, intresting thread you started.. *grin*.. hmmm.. so .. answer me this.. and it's more of a conformation than a question..

why has the ENTIRE spirit filled church gotten SO far from Acts chapter 2; which always has been God's blueprint for his church.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive

= Bible is not accurate.

It's said that angels led the animals into the ark and so they could also disperse them after the flood.(By the way it's 2 of a kind for unclean and 7 of a kind for clean)This would result in small isolated groups of animals all over the world which would replicate what we see today in island speciation.

Each new group would be suited quite well for their respective environments thus developing different behavioural mannerisms and patterns that differentiates them from other species.

Can you give me the scripture that states the angels led the animals?

Gen 7:9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I am not quite sure I understand what you're asking of me here friend.

Can you clarify "spirit filled church"?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Very true. If the writings of acts has not been received, then we need not go any further in the bible, until we receive as they did. Otherwise, we will not understand.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

It doesn't directly say it.

However, the Genesis account does indicate God gathered the animals and brought them there via migratory instincts or an animals natural ability to sense danger and move to a place of safety. Either that or the animals could have been led by angels. Both are commonly accepted among theologists.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Can I just say this before i go. I asked you a fundamental question of how we know truth. And yes, you answered that question correctly being: By the Holy Spirit.

The most important question i asked, you didn't answer: How can you hear the Holy Spirit, to know truth?

You didn't answer this question, and its the most important thing we must do to hear Him?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Komodo

I am not quite sure I understand what you're asking of me here friend.

Can you clarify "spirit filled church"?

WHOA! Hold up.. whoa whoa whoa..
) errr..friend..? yes.. Brother in Christ....ALWAYS.. kinda taken back by that statement .. but no matter..

*grin*.. well.. for a few examples for being spirit filled is posted below..

The reason I said.. "spirit filled' is because it seems that we that are endowed with the fullness of the spirit as a second act of grace, seem to be seriously missing the mark of what the church s/b about..

Baptism in the Holy Spirit
We believe that the baptism in the Holy Spirit empowers believers to exalt Jesus, to live lives of holiness, and to be witnesses of God’s saving grace; we expect the Spirit’s incoming to be after the same manner as that in which He came upon believers in the days of the Early Church (Acts 1: 5, 8; 2:4).

The Spirit-Filled Life
We believe that it is the will of God that believers walk in the Spirit moment by moment, serving the Lord and living lives of patience, love, truth, sincerity, and prayer (Ephesians 4:30-32; Galatians 5:16, 25).

The Gifts and Fruit of the Spirit
We believe that the Holy Spirit bestows enabling ministry gifts upon believers, and that these gifts will build up the Body of Christ through edification and evangelism(1 Corinthians 12:1-11); as evidence of a Spirit-filled life, believers should show spiritual “fruit”: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance (Galatians 5:22-25).

Divine Healing
We believe that divine healing is the power of Jesus Christ to heal the sick in answer to the prayer of faith; He, who does not change, is still willing and able to heal the body, as well as the soul and spirit in answer to faith (Mark 16: 17, 18; James 5:14-16).

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarksDeception

Can I just say this before i go. I asked you a fundamental question of how we know truth. And yes, you answered that question correctly being: By the Holy Spirit.

The most important question i asked, you didn't answer: How can you hear the Holy Spirit, to know truth?

You didn't answer this question, and its the most important thing we must do to hear Him?

EXCELLENT QUESTION ~!!
) .. to which i'll be all ears on this answer..

thx

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join