It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a "Christian"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
How have you been taught what you believe about Christianity?
I will ask you this. How did you become a Christian?
In other words, What process did you to through to become a Christian?
If you cannot answer this, then you are a hoax playing games with people. All true Christians know they must have a foundation for their beliefs. I am asking you to show the foundation for your belief system.
Also, are you saying that you do not go to church at all?

Through the spirit comes knowledge.
I became a "Christian" through Christ. The same process that Jesus undertook is the one that I must go.
I have fellowship, but no true church.

You say, " I became a "Christian" through Christ. The same process that Jesus undertook is the one that I must go."

O.k... Stop making vast generalizations. Detail the process of becoming a Christian through Christ.

How have you done this according to the Bible. Site bible verses.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyjohen

The spirit is the ultimate interpreter. Well, the spirit is the only accurateinterpreter.

What does it mean if I read the Bible and I interpret Jesus trashing the temple as an act of hatred, jealous violence? And his explanation just excuses?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

True Christianity is being rooted in Christ, connected to Him by faith, buried with Him and raised again with Him. True Christianity is rejoicing in the forgiveness and life and salvation that God gives to you for Jesus sake without any merit or worthiness in yourself.

You have been set free from the law by Jesus.

Scripture: Colossians 2:20-23

Religion has drawn us away from this. I blame it on religion and the pulpit.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

John, a star for your post. I really appreciate your seemingly apparent honesty. I have no problems with U2U-ing you my experience, but it's very important that it not be ridiculed. (I'm not trying to sound evasive) It may not mean anything, but I'll see about sending you that msg. For now, I have to sleep (work early *sigh*) but perhaps I'll U2U you tomorrow night.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I agree with you, god gave us a simple system but man chooses to muddy up the water and make it difficult

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I have no biblical verses to back up how I came to become. My life is not documented there. The path is narrow and strange, unique yet familiar. It's tailor made.

However I can provide this.

Jesus admitted that he had been injured by abusive religion.
Check.
Jesus turned to God for help.
Check.
Jesus saw in himself the love and work of God.
Check.
Jesus faced and dealt with his own anger.
Check.
Jesus avoided negative people and resisted hostile religion.
Check.(for the most part)
Jesus faced the scripture used against him and answered it.
Check.
Jesus found supportive scripture at his temptations and later.
Check.
Jesus lived the message of the Gospels.
Check.
Jesus "came out" and revealed his truth about himself.
Check.
Jesus developed a support system of close friends and disciples.
Check.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjohen

What does it mean if I read the Bible and I interpret Jesus trashing the temple as an act of hatred, jealous violence? And his explanation just excuses?

It means your spirit is weak and you should try again. Start somewhere easier. The spirit must be built upon and strengthened.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Hey Great Post My Brother! The True Church Is Not A Building We All Seek. It Is The Gathering Of Those Who Follow Christ. The Church Is Not Outside Of Us But Within Us. Just Like The Temple Is Not Outside But Inside.

[edit on 10/15/2009 by Key2life]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Key2life

Thank you. Your eyes are open.

I am glad to see such honest inquiries for this thread. I am definitely surprised. I admit I was expecting to have to turn the other cheek rather frequently with this thread. Thank you all for proving me wrong in that respect.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

So basically, there is only 1 way to interpret the Bible. Any other interpretation that differs from your version means you have a weak spirit. Am I right so far?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I have no biblical verses to back up how I came to become. My life is not documented there. The path is narrow and strange, unique yet familiar. It's tailor made.

However I can provide this.

Jesus admitted that he had been injured by abusive religion.
Check.
Jesus turned to God for help.
Check.
Jesus saw in himself the love and work of God.
Check.
Jesus faced and dealt with his own anger.
Check.
Jesus avoided negative people and resisted hostile religion.
Check.(for the most part)
Jesus faced the scripture used against him and answered it.
Check.
Jesus found supportive scripture at his temptations and later.
Check.
Jesus lived the message of the Gospels.
Check.
Jesus "came out" and revealed his truth about himself.
Check.
Jesus developed a support system of close friends and disciples.
Check.

Well, thank you for proving you are a hoax.

Every Christian knows the simplest thing a christian can do is at least tell how he became a christian according to the bible. That is what I asked you to do. You have failed to do that.. or even try to put it in layman's terms in your last answer to me. The very least someone would say is " I asked Jesus into my heart to forgive me of my sins"

You can not even do this. You claim to be a Christian but you have not given one answer according to the bible. A Christian who claims he is here to answer questions will never do as you have done. Before you can answer ONE question about Christianity you must prove you ARE a Christian. I asked you to do this in the Simplest manner that Every Christian knows.

You cannot. Therefore I conclude you are a fraud trying to either mislead people or you are just a kid who is getting a kick out of this game.

I suggest the Mods move this to the HOAX area.

Do any other Christians agree?

[edit on 21-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Did I not say that as Jesus turned to God for help, so have I?

Is that not implying that I "asked for forgiveness and guidance within my life"?

Read between the lines friend. You'll see.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjohen

So basically, there is only 1 way to interpret the Bible. Any other interpretation that differs from your version means you have a weak spirit. Am I right so far?

There are a few ways to interpret the Bible, the most accurate being through the spirit. If you interpret it the way that you have SUGGESTED, then you are either a) not interpreting through spirit or b) your spirit is weak.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I am a christian and i dont agree with you calling him a hoax, there is no reason to call him a hoax, it is not his job to give you details of his life or turn you into a christian, it is merely to plant the seed and be there to answer questions, which he is doing out of his own kindness. I dont see any need to badger him and call him a hoaxer

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by destroyhate

It is okay. He can call me what he wants. It is his opinion to voice.

It's really quite simple though. The road to being Christ-like is not the same for everyone. My path is not your path. We all have our own faults that we must fix. The path is not the same, yet it is.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to Agree2Disagree[/url]

No quesses from me, seems you're holding the fort down. We're really really like minded, I haven't seen anything I've really disagreed with you on so far, so I've added you as a friend. I'm not on ATS a whole lot, but I really like that you're doing your best to educate people about faith rather than it all being religion this religion that.

Keep it up, brother! I'll do what I can but usually I end up being away for lengths of time on my posts and so things pile up before I reply...college life and all...that said, may the Lord bless and keep you!

edit: same goes for jhill, destroyhate, and Key2life...and friends added too.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by joesomebody]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

Thank you for your kind words. Any friend of Christ is a friend of mine.

Blessings,

A2D

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by destroyhate
I am a christian and i dont agree with you calling him a hoax, there is no reason to call him a hoax, it is not his job to give you details of his life or turn you into a christian, it is merely to plant the seed and be there to answer questions, which he is doing out of his own kindness. I dont see any need to badger him and call him a hoaxer

Well, it' like this:

If a guy claiming to be a scientist says he's going to answer questions about science - Yet his answers are not backed up my mainstream science - He cannot even site scientific journals - and then you find out he never went to school to study science, then why should you trust any of his answers to be true? Wouldn't think that guy is a hoax?

The same thing is going on here.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

If you truly are curious John I can U2U my story to you. When I began this thread I didn't intend to be telling my personal story but if you insist and if it will appease your curiosity, then I suppose I can oblige.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I am sorry bro, but you should of been able to answer JohnPhoenix's question. The fundamentals of being a Christian is to do what He said, to know Life. Why can you not answer JohnPhoenix question my friend?

How do you know the truth?

[edit on 21-11-2009 by DarksDeception]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join