It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a "Christian"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Denomination? I am of no denomination. I am of no "religion". I am a Christ-follower.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007

So If i wanted to know how we came into being i take the bibles point of view and ignore evolution????I dont think so
Also if I wanted to know the answer to ooh lets say why does a photon have both a wave and particle duality i have to look within myself to find the answer....I dont think so

Oh yes you do know them they are called christians and catholics. Homophobia is the most common example not exactly love ur neighbour the catholic church preaches is it?

[edit on 21-11-2009 by loner007]

I never said to ignore anything friend. Your answers are everywhere, in everything.

Christians and catholics pick and choose? The Catholic Church may disagree with homophobia but when in recent years has there been a stoning of a homosexual?

I do not condone the actions of the Catholic Church nor any "religion". What I CAN condone is the good-hearted actions of man. Religion does not make ones heart more pure than the others.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
If my interpretation of the Bible is that Jesus never existed, would I be right? If not, who gets to choose what is to be taken literally and what needs interpretation.

---go ahead and use scripture if you want, as long as its in context.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

I cannot tell you what is symbolic and what is literal. I cannot make one's mind for them just as they can't make mine for me. You will know if you're seeking.

I tell you the truth, you can find what you are looking for in a rock, friend. These books have no more credence than said-rock except for that they direct the eyes and mind and heart. One must still search through darkness to find the light.

A vast amount of Christians are not Christians.

I do not know.

If you seek for an answer, you'll surely find it, but it may not be the right answer.

If I were to pray everyday to anything, be it, Yahweh, Allah, Krishna, Zeus, Spaghetti Monster, or anything, I will eventually find comfort, and believe in it. I've successfully faked it till I made it. (which doesn't make it real).

K, Understood, you tell the truth.... What is the truth? Elaborate if you can.

If a vast amount of christians, are not christians, what labels a true christian a true christians, if there are even any true christians, because eventually there will be none right?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Oooo I'll play!!

Why do you believe in a book(The Bible) that promotes murder, slavery, greed, and rape?

Why are there so many contradictions in the Bible?

According to the Bible, believing in Jesus is the "only way".
So what it's saying is the murderer/molester is going to go to heaven as long as he repents and believes in Jesus, but the Buddhist man who devotes his life to loving and spreading peace throughout the world is going to "burn in hell for eternity"?

What makes Christianity "right", when every other religion claims to also be "right"?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Denomination? I am of no denomination. I am of no "religion". I am a Christ-follower.

How have you been taught what you believe about Christianity?

I will ask you this. How did you become a Christian?

In other words, What process did you to through to become a Christian?

If you cannot answer this, then you are a hoax playing games with people. All true Christians know they must have a foundation for their beliefs. I am asking you to show the foundation for your belief system.

Also, are you saying that you do not go to church at all?

[edit on 21-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjohen

How could you possibly interpret the Bible as Jesus never existed? Do not deny what was given to you to determine matters such as this. Do not deny logic and simplicity.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

If you cannot answer this, then you are a hoax playing games with people. All true Christians know they must have a foundation for their beliefs. I am asking you to show the foundation for your belief system.

All GREAT questions JohnPhoenix! I'll answer you. I think I believe what I do because there WAS a time that I was searching..and then something crazy happened! If I explained what happened to me?? (this is where you don't get to hear my entire answer) lol. You'd be directed to some kind of bible-bash forum I am sure of it. Because you'd either label me insane or a part of some cult, of which I, and many are neither. Case and point?? It takes an experience for ones self to experience before you can just sit there and prove it. My advice? Search for yourself, and if you need advice along the way, someone will give it. There is an old saying...God looks for you, not visa versa.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

The wave/particle duality can be explained if the terminology scientists use to describe energy is altared to "information." Energy is information in its purest form, that is why most things in the universe can be explained using maths as the language to describe energies information.
Using that terminology, i have no problem with accepting the genesis account of creation. God said "let there be light" but the sun wasnt created until the 4th day, so why light first and then the sun?
The let there be light thing was G-d pressing the enter button on His computer with all of the "information" programmed in to get the whole thing kicked started, the information comming together and coalecing into workable systems in their own right (stars, planets, us, everything). So matter then is STORED information, and photons/energy flowing through the system is FREE information which can be a wave or a particle depending on the systems requirements. It is proof of inteligent design that a photon can be scaler traveling through the system, then a particle when required for specific tasks, eg, photosynthesis, albedo etc which all acts towards keeping the system in balance.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Your comfort can be forged I suppose but that's not a very solid foundation now is it? You know when your faking. You know when your not. My point is, you know.

I cannot elaborate further on the "truth". My "truth" may not be your "truth" yet both are found the same way in the same place. "My way is not your way."

There are disciples and many are Judas.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingZombies
Why do you believe in a book(The Bible) that promotes murder, slavery, greed, and rape?
Why are there so many contradictions in the Bible?
According to the Bible, believing in Jesus is the "only way".
So what it's saying is the murderer/molester is going to go to heaven as long as he repents and believes in Jesus, but the Buddhist man who devotes his life to loving and spreading peace throughout the world is going to "burn in hell for eternity"?
What makes Christianity "right", when every other religion claims to also be "right"?

Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not covet. Lust and Greed, both deadly sins. Promote?

Contradictions? Which? Be specific if you want specific answers. Be general if you want general answers.

Jesus is the "way" and the "life". That is, pick up your own cross and be responsible for your own sins. That is, live Jesus' life and you shall be saved.

Religion is the work of man. The Creator does not care what word you use to affiliate with a particular group of individuals, he only cares that you obey Him. Like a parent with their child, they do not care if he/she is a punk rocker or a country bumpkin, he/she is still their child.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Also, are you saying that you do not go to church at all?

Through the spirit comes knowledge.
I became a "Christian" through Christ. The same process that Jesus undertook is the one that I must go.
I have fellowship, but no true church.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Okay, it may be late, but I'll speak my mind.

If I saw a man standing in front of a bus, I would run and do everything in my power to save him.

Although, christians must accept that me, and others like me, hindus, muslims and so on, will burn in hell for eternity.

I would expect a huge outreaching by those groups.

The groups that seem just content with all those around them going to hell.

Now, in no way do I want a religious group to be knocking on my door!

I would just expect them to do more though. If that makes sense.

If I thought someone was going to die, my priorities would shift and I'd be full power on stopping it.

For christians though, it's a 'eh' matter, well sure their gonna spend eternity in hell, but hey we go to heaven, so we won't care.

I'm the person that goes all in balls out.

If I do something, I do it full heartedly not just settle like stool in a toilet.

Why don't christians take a militant like attitude to converting people, if I can pull all of myself to stop a child from getting hit by a car, why not take more if you thought they would burn in a lake of fire for eternity?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
... just gonna drop in a couple of observations...

The Bible is full of parables - read between the lines
- obviously Adam and Eve were not the only two around at the time .
- the snake is satan , the apple , the decision to reject God .
- the universe may have been created in six days , but , one day is
as a thousand years to God .
- if everyone was gay , the next generation won't happen .
- uncontrolled lust leads to nasty diseases and perversion .
- hell is real . dark. hot . and full of evil spirits .
- heaven is real , a perfect world , with no sex or drugs , just truth.
- God weighs everyone's heart , and then decides where you're going .
- a life of rebellion will not go well for you .
- Moses killed a Roman soldier , but he is not in hell .
- the Dalai Lama is not a christian , but he won't be going to hell either
- there is no religion in Heaven , God doesn't need the arguments
- God only judges the Earth when necessary
- most of mankinds problems are self inflicted , right back to that
rotten apple !
.... just 2 cents !

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

How could you possibly interpret the Bible as Jesus never existed? Do not deny what was given to you to determine matters such as this. Do not deny logic and simplicity.

It was an extreme case to make a point. You are dodging the real issue, which is who gets to choose what's interpreted and what's literal.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Why don't christians take a militant like attitude to converting people, if I can pull all of myself to stop a child from getting hit by a car, why not take more if you thought they would burn in a lake of fire for eternity?

The ones that need the help are the ones that refuse it. What do you think this thread is here for? It's here to help those that are seeking. I cannot help those that refuse to listen and refuse to seek. I cannot and will not force anything upon anybody. I can only present what I can and hope beyond hope that reaches them. Why? Because....I care.....

Blessings friend.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

If christians did this nowa days...first of all they would be labled "terrorists". Second, They DID do this! History proves time and time again.. (the crusades, spanish inquisition) NO WAY! The people may have thought they had the right idea, but look at what it caused?? "Religion" Has been taken to the extremes! To answer your question more directly, I think most Christians these days, try to do what they can but then later get labled as "trying to force their beliefs". At this point, (IMHO) Christians feels it's better to just try and get the message out w/o seeming to be forceful. If someone doesn't believe? That is their choice and THEY or no other person on the planet has a RIGHT to judge. If anyone claims to be "Christain" then they had BETTER claim that they have no right to judge *anyone* ONLY God has that right. Who is any Christian to say anyone is doomed??

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

The spirit is the ultimate interpreter. Well, the spirit is the only accurateinterpreter.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

All GREAT questions JohnPhoenix! I'll answer you. I think I believe what I do because there WAS a time that I was searching..and then something crazy happened! If I explained what happened to me?? (this is where you don't get to hear my entire answer) lol. You'd be directed to some kind of bible-bash forum I am sure of it. Because you'd either label me insane or a part of some cult, of which I, and many are neither. Case and point?? It takes an experience for ones self to experience before you can just sit there and prove it. My advice? Search for yourself, and if you need advice along the way, someone will give it. There is an old saying...God looks for you, not visa versa.

Interesting. I would love it if you would U2U me the information. I promise to be fair and open minded.

You see, I want to know where Agree2Disagree is coming from because I have had an experience not unlike yours. I had been a Christian (or so I thought) since I was 8 or 9 years old from a popular denomination. Around age 20 I noticed there were things in the bible that this denomination does not teach.

I started praying for truth to be revealed to me. I started doing everything the bible says to do to find truth guided by the holy spirit, fasting, prayer, researching the wisdom of the old testament kings like king David and the prophets, and lastly actually doing Everything Jesus says to do.

I believe the Holy Spirit lead me to a group of people who became Christians the way the disciples taught to become a Christian. After studying the difference of what these people believed and the religion I had grown up in I saw a Huge difference. I understood why my religion did not teach these things in the bible and how their way to become a Christian was actually not done in the bible. I decided to become a Christian in this manner and when I did I experienced some things that no religion has spoken of. These things were very out there. They were of a supernatural nature that was like nothing I have ever heard of. If I told you of these things you would think I was crazy also.

This lead me to really research what people believed in their religions and why. If I knew exactly why Agree2Disagree believes what he does, I would understand where his answers are coming from.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Interesting. I would love it you would U2U me the information. I promise to be fair and open minded.

You see, I want to know where Agree2Disagree is coming from because I have had an experience not unlike yours. I had been a Christian (or do I thought) since I was 8 or 9 years old from a popular denomination. Around age 20 I noticed there were things in the bible that this denomination does not teach.

I started praying for truth to be revealed to me. I started doing everything the bible says to do to find truth guided by the holy spirit, fasting, prayer, researching the wisdom of the old testament kinds like king David and the prophets, and lastly actually doing Everything Jesus says to do.

I believe the Holy Spirit lead me to a group of people who became Christians the way the disciples taught to become a Christian. After studying the difference of what these people believed and the religion I had grown up in I saw a Huge difference. I understood why my religion did not teach these things in the bible and how their way to become a Christian was actually not done in the bible. I decided to become a Christian in this manner and when I did I experienced some things that no religion has spoken of. These things were very out there. They were of a supernatural nature that was like nothing I have ever heard of. If I told you of these things you would think I was crazy also.

This lead me to really research what people believed in their religions and why. If I knew exactly why Agree2Disagree believes what he does, I would understand where his answers are coming from.

My answers come from the only place to get real answers friend.

I think you know. It's okay. Trust your heart.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join