It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a "Christian"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I searched for similar threads before starting this one and although I found a few they were quite outdated. If there are more recent please by all means point me in the general direction and banish this thread.

I am reluctant to do this however, I feel compelled to do so. Open form for anyone with SERIOUS questions for a "christian". Ask whatever you are curious about and I will do my best to answer. Granted, I won't be able to answer absolutely everything. For some questions you may have to settle for round-a-bout answers. I don't proclaim to know everything nor can I reveal everything that I know. Some of it is based in a realm of subjectivity so it's not going to be scientifically verifiable which I know throws a lot of people out of this thread already.

For those that are still interested,
first, let me set the ground rules.

If you do not believe in The Creator, don't ask a question of how He can have a specific property or characteristic. You must first have belief(open heart) to understand what I can tell you about The Creator Himself. I am by no means dismissing questions from curious skeptics, atheists, and gnostics alike. You're more than welcome to ask questions concerning my faith, the bible, modern day religion, the foundation of religion, hell/demons/angels/heaven or what-have-you.

I will treat you with respect regardless of your behavioural mannerisms. That's just how I am and I'd appreciate it very much if I am not exploited for this particular aspect of my life.

If you have a particular question you'd rather have not answered with scripture, please provide your reasoning for by-passing scripture and I'll be glad to oblige. (Most questions will undoubtedly be answered with scripture cited as a source; if you believe scripture to be false then I will gladly respond but do not say I make baseless claims if you choose this option.)

This thread is also open to controversial topics such as the Annunaki genetic-creation among other things.

Please, serious inquiries only. I do have a background in science so do not be afraid to dive in. Ask and you shall receive.

Also, please allow adequate time for me to respond. I have responsibilities just like the rest of the world that take much time out of my day.

Thank you and peace be among you.

edit: I never was very good at spelling.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Why such a huge universe, to be so concerned with the sexuality of an individual on a nearly invisible planet?

Why did he/she/it create us?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Why has God given man kind the most powerfulest supercomputer in the known universe for us not to use it but read book thats over 2000years old to give us all the answers that are in the universe.

Also why is it people seem to only pick and chose parts of the bible to justify their beliefs and actions and totally ignore the 10 commadments....

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
About 90% of the replies you get are going to be questions with popular assumptions within them.
have fun!!

....I must say repub you were way more toned down than i expected!!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
how can any crime here on earth be punished eternaly and with justice at the same time? our existance isnt even a blink in eternity, so how is it possible to do something in the short time were here, and deserve fire and brimstone forever?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Why such a huge universe, to be so concerned with the sexuality of an individual on a nearly invisible planet?

Why did he/she/it create us?

The sexual overtone in the book is from man's perspective.

I don't know.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
Why has God given man kind the most powerfulest supercomputer in the known universe for us not to use it but read book thats over 2000years old to give us all the answers that are in the universe.

Also why is it people seem to only pick and chose parts of the bible to justify their beliefs and actions and totally ignore the 10 commadments....

The book doesn't contain all the answers. ALL the answers are in you, the book helps to pull SOME of them out.

I don't know these people. Do you have any common examples of this?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by srslyguyz
how can any crime here on earth be punished eternaly and with justice at the same time? our existance isnt even a blink in eternity, so how is it possible to do something in the short time were here, and deserve fire and brimstone forever?

What is eternity and what is fire and brimstone? The spirit knows not these things.

The spirit knows the spirit. "From which you came you shall return"

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
About 90% of the replies you get are going to be questions with popular assumptions within them.
have fun!!

....I must say repub you were way more toned down than i expected!!

It's okay heyo. I accept these people as brothers and sisters whether they accept me or not. Popular assumptions, misconceived notions, it doesn't matter as long as they still have inquiries. Asking is asking.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

What part of the bible was 'meant' to be taken literally?

I've heard many, many people say, Genesis isn't meant to be taken literally, but that's kind of a waste IMHO, that you write this big book, then eh', forget that first part.

What gives the Bible more credence than say a Quran, or Book of Jainism, or the books of Hinduism (scriptures eh whatever).

---Hopefully I can add this in, see you haven't replied yet, so trying to sneak this in, without appearing sneaky.... yeah.

Why must a vast amount of christians believe we get our morals from the Bible.

And why (just because I haven't looked it up lol ) do 42 percent of americans believe that all life on earth has existed in its present form since the beginning of time? Courtesy of Gallup.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

Originally posted by srslyguyz

What is eternity and what is fire and brimstone? The spirit knows not these things.

The spirit knows the spirit. "From which you came you shall return"

so you dont believe in hell? some do, some dont

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It is important to know what type of Christian you are.. what denomination ? Who's theological dispensation?

This will help us understand where your answers are coming from.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I've heard many, many people say, Genesis isn't meant to be taken literally, but that's kind of a waste IMHO, that you write this big book, then eh', forget that first part.

What gives the Bible more credence than say a Quran, or Book of Jainism, or the books of Hinduism (scriptures eh whatever).

With all due respect my friend...you ARE talking to a "Christian". If you don't feel the "bible" is credible then don't seek answers from a "Christian". IMHO, atheists have no place asking a "christian" about whatever proof you want without first being willing to hear about excerpts from the holy bible. Sad truth for you possibly. It's the same thing as a 9-11 "truth-seeker" looking to the NIST for answers.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

The book doesn't contain all the answers. ALL the answers are in you, the book helps to pull SOME of them out.

So If i wanted to know how we came into being i take the bibles point of view and ignore evolution????I dont think so
Also if I wanted to know the answer to ooh lets say why does a photon have both a wave and particle duality i have to look within myself to find the answer....I dont think so

I don't know these people. Do you have any common examples of this?

Oh yes you do know them they are called christians and catholics. Homophobia is the most common example not exactly love ur neighbour the catholic church preaches is it?

[edit on 21-11-2009 by loner007]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

With all due respect my friend...you ARE talking to a "Christian". If you don't feel the "bible" is credible then don't seek answers from a "Christian". IMHO, atheists have no place asking a "christian" about whatever proof you want without first being willing to hear about excerpts from the holy bible. Sad truth for you possibly. It's the same thing as a 9-11 "truth-seeker" looking to the NIST for answers.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Wookiep]

Just picking on logic, seeing another perspective on their own logic.

And interpretation.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Thanks for the *foe* status, now will you please clarify your explanation for such an action?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I cannot tell you what is symbolic and what is literal. I cannot make one's mind for them just as they can't make mine for me. You will know if you're seeking.

I tell you the truth, you can find what you are looking for in a rock, friend. These books have no more credence than said-rock except for that they direct the eyes and mind and heart. One must still search through darkness to find the light.

A vast amount of Christians are not Christians.

I do not know.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by srslyguyz

My flesh may know hell but my spirit does not. I'm sorry if you do not understand this, I cannot say anymore. Blessings friend.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Thanks for the *foe* status, now will you please clarify your explanation for such an action?

When I see someone who opposes me, or discredits me, or what have you I tend to foe them.

Not a hate thing, not a dislike even, just a understanding thing, so I know who will be a opposing force... I'll try to clarify more.

If someone disagrees with what I say, I'll foe them. Just as the description is, it's a 'friendly foe' worthy foe thing.

If I didn't like a person, i'd ignore them

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Well then so it shall be. I'll chalk you up as a *respected* foe. Your choice, not mine. It's not as tho I can have you as a "respected friend" when you consider me your enemy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join