It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scratches When I Sleep (PIC!)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hello.
I've woken up this morning and took a shower, I've noticed I had strange scratches around my neck/collar bone area and even one on my arm. These scratches have been happening for so many years now, maybe twice a year. I've changed locations a couple times so it cannot be a house haunting. I only noticed the scratches because the hot water made them burn. There was no blood/bleeding and it seems they were scabbed up, but very fine. They are very skinny scratches as if done with a needle. Anybody figure out/know what may have caused them? I do not have nails (I've triede scratching myself as hard as I can on my arm, nothing.), No pets, Alone. Somebody help me please.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Just a couple questions for you.

Are they always in the same location each time this happens ?

Do you sleep with any down filled bedding ?

Do you have any other history of skin irritation or disease ?

Just asking, but I don't know how much I could be of helping you.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

No.
No.
Slight Eczema (Sp?). Just a few white spots on my arm that get itchy after a shower. Can't be it though, like I said I've tried scratching myself as hard as i can, no marks whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
you might have a case of the bed bugs!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
have you tried scratching yourself not in the traditional "down" motion, but across? so your nails would make skinnier scratches?

I'm hoping for your sake it isn't paranormal..because scratching doesn't usually mean nice stuff.

also..are you linens rough? do you wear a watch, sleep with a phone? necklace?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It may be paranormal, do you have any unusual paranormal activity in your home? Troubled spirits tend to love scratching people to get their attention. I take these kinds of actions seriously... If you are being haunted, please contact me and I can help you get rid of it!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Yes, and very hard too.
No I do not sleep with anything but boxers on, no watches, no jewelry.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

No, But I have had paranormal activity in an old apartment when I was a kid, You can check my profile for the postings.

Please help me if you can.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by h1satsu

well my "expertise" are exhausted.

My guess is paranormal..but I don't really know a darn thing.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

I hate jumping straight to paranormal but I can't think of any logical solution myself. Anybody out there?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Couple more then.

Have you driven anything other than your own vehicle ?
Seat belt abrasion..........

Any change in laundry soap or bath products ?

Did you recently shave that area with a twin blade razor ?

Been out in the woods lately ?

Any unusual environments at all ?

It would be great if you posted the clearest picture you can, a better view would help.

I'll rule out bed bugs right now. You would have small red bumps and spot of blood the first day, and possibly blood spot on your bedding.
The bumps can run in strings along a blood vessel, but they are separated. Also they would be very itchy.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

No.
No.
A week ago.
No.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Oh and I can text a clearer picture to you if your willing to U2U your phone.
Cannot find cord for the camera or digi cam.
They really are just really thin cuts like a deep paper cut, a bit thicker and scabbed up. This happened overnight in my sleep.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This is very similar.

Take a read on this:
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I have already read that post.
No conclusion.

And yes, the previous ones I have gotten look like that, sometimes perfectly alliged next to each other in 3's or 5's. This is the worst it's been. I've just noticed two on my face also that my fiance has pointed out has been there since i woke up. They are very small though.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by h1satsu]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Very interesting. I get these often, and have been for decades. I have often thought it was my nails, but I started filing the smooth and blunt. I still get them. Sometimes people ask me "what's up with your neck" They are often deep and burn a little.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Same here, for a couple years.
Changing households (moving) has not helped.
It's almost as if somethings following me.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
very strange, how often does this happen?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I used to get the exact same thing near my neck too. It was from the shoulder strap from my laptop bag. You might have some weird sleeping habits like choking yourself with the blanket. Something like that.

You can also be scratching yourself in your sleep. It can be because of stress or whatnot. It can even be your bed-mate, whomever it may be, scratching you in their sleep.

In regards to paranormal activity:

1) If a spirit wanted to harm you, it will not just give you just a few scratches.

2) If it wanted your attention, it will throw a book at you in plain sight.

So let us dismiss paranormal activity.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
There is a good possibility that something is making you itch at night, and you are scratching yourself in your sleep. There can be several different things that causes this, but there is a way you can test it. Put on some gloves before you go to bed, you can even lightly wrap them at the wrists with some duct tape if you think you will pull them off (not so tight that it restricts circulation obviously). If you wake up with no scratches then you need to start looking for the cause of what is making you itch in your sleep. It could be a bed bugs or other insects, your laundry detergent that you are using on your sheets, or any of a hundred other things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join