It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on Stargate:Universe thus far...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well approx 5 shows into the series, and I am thoroughly hooked. So what do you guys and gals think about this departure form the Stargate "reboot"? I enjoy the character development thus far. More focused on the crew moreso than the ship and jumping all over the universe. As far as I am concerned, it is gonna be interesting how this series turns out. What say you?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Nothing huh? I knew I had questinoable taste ....but DAMN...lol

[edit on 25-11-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

They are trying to cross breed Stargate with BSG... I'm still on the fence about this one. One thing I miss is having characters I can respect... Not a single one on this show is even worthy of carrying O'neill's or Sheppard's ammo... Just my $0.02

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I rather enjoyed Stargate until The Ori showed up and they changed the cast around and it became Stargate/Farscape/Star Trek/ Andromeda/Firefly conglomeration. I rather lost interest after that.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
so far i consider SGU pretty decent. one thing i miss compared to SGA and SG1 is that none of the main heroes really hit me, i feel kinda indifferent to all of them and i think this is one of the biggest failures compared to BSG. there u had many ''heroes'', but at least i felt some sort of attachment to each of them.

in SGU...well, i dont like Rush (err...understand, actor is great, he gives the whole show one hell of a kick, i just feel negative to that character, but it is a good thing, its normal u love/hate characters in TVshows....rodney in SGA was sometimes such a pain in the ass i wanted to kill him, but he made the show whole....so i like rush...and hate him at the same time
)...that Asian woman i like too, shehas her own agenda...and., well thats kinda all...that fat kid with Kino...err, ok, guess he is ok, but thats it...i do not have any feeling to the other characters, actually kinda hard to remember them now. BSG was just....awesome
))

but to end this, so far i really enjoy SGU (although i didnt sound like it) and i do believe it has BIG BIG potential to help stargate get out of that monotonous # it tends to get into (ya know, heroes go somewhere, heroes gets into trouble, heroes saves the world) and to become a really popular show...i like how they focus at characters, but sometimes its kinda too ...not boring, just not entertaining, maybe too much depth.but i like that show and cant wait for season 2 to begin

new topics

top topics

join