It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militia movement resurfaces across nation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Resurgence in part coincides with the arrival of Obama administration

NIKISKI, Alaska - Norm Olson's genial tone belies his reputation as a radical militiaman, yet here he is, at 63, an affable grandfather explaining why Americans should arm themselves against their government.

story here

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Yeah take that N**** down!!! get that N**** out of the white house!!! It's not rocket science knowing what the clowns are about, hell I used to know several of them. Their favorite pastimes are cleaning and walking around with their rifles and dropping N-bombs. It's soooo obvious it's laughable.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Many members of militias are not racist..How reasonable of you to assume so. I don't doubt that there are armed groups of racists calling themselves militias. But the militia members I know are here for the protection of the people, ALL of the people.

edit to add:

From the article you obviously didn't read;

Obama's race, Olson insists, is not an issue. The militiaman carrying the assault rifle and accompanying him on this walk is, in fact, black. The ex-Marine does not want to be identified, saying it would undermine his role as a combat weapons trainer for any patriot who asks. He says his big gun guards against bears.

It's on page two.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
yea that is kinda lame to think like that,might be suprised to see how many "N******" are against the gov.

one day.. you might be fighting side by side to take this gov. over.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I recall watching this video a while back.

American Militia Leader James Johnson Speaks to Senate Subcommittee on Terrorism about the militia in the United States - 6/15/1995

I believe this was just after the Oklahoma Federal building bombing .

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm amazed at how well the MSM has managed to paint the milita movement as being basically racist. The southern poverty law center used to do good anti-klan work, now they've sold out painting militas with the racist broadbrush. Every white guy with a gun is a redneck and every black dude with a gun is a gangbanger. SURE. We're all carbon copies, rightttttttt........

Sad that so many people automatically dismiss the idea of militia outright even though our founding fathers WERE militia ffs!

The great thing about militias is the ideal of the citizen-soldier, that would only fight in self-defense. Our government has thoroughly proven it's untrustworthiness to us in every form imaginable. At present we are headed for economic ruin and our fearless leaders are pushing the accellerator as we head for the cliff.

I never agreed to mortgage our country away to foreign powers, did you? No, why the hell are we so in debt all of the sudden when just 10 short years ago we budget surplusses (well. somewhat of a balanced budget.
Now, everyone is losing either their job, their home or at a minimum their spirit.

I wish the folks in congress would think there are 50 million militia members out there, it might make them think twice about what they are doing.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Ex-Marine? That is an insult to a Marine if I ever heard one. I take offense to it even though I'm Army. Proper term is former Marine or retired Marine. Thank you, I felt the need to point that out as a small pet peeve of mine when it comes to brothers-in-arms.
Being in one of these small time militias is much like a part time job, unless they're organized to the point of acting as a security company or something, it's all volunteer work and no pay. Kudos to them.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Today's Militias are nothing but a total joke anymore! Gone is the pride of being a true patriot! All that they are about now is allowing gov't ops inside their organizations to trap honest patriots so they can arrest them and stop the american people from getting the real and true information on what the gov't is actually doing!

Hence Randy Weaver and Ruby Ridge. The feds killed Weaver's son and wife, all because he wouldn't go undercover to get info on a bunch of skinheads in Idaho! I have a friend who is an ex-trooper from the state of kansas, and he tells me the feds catch people all the time inside militia stings because they are so easily infiltrated.

So, when messing around with any "so-called" militia, and I use this term very loosely, watch your back!

top topics

join