It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free-falling sensation in bed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Interesting.. I just recently had another jolt from a dream (I get these extremely rarely, strange it just happened just recently after discussing this) but this time it wasn't falling. Maybe it's true that the jolt that happens just as you're going to sleep (not accompanied by a dream) is different from ones from dreams.

Here's the info. I was listening to music relaxing, and woke from a dream where I was driving and a pedestrian jumped out in front of me. I instantly reacted to slam on the brakes and that's when I woke up - with my right foot violently jolting for the imaginary brake pedal. Also this was exactly 7 minutes 35 seconds after I laid down (I could tell by how far into the music playlist it was). I was definitely dreaming.

Maybe some of the jolts are due to violent physical reactions from dreams in combination with a weak sleep paralysis effect. This one was definitely different from the typical falling jolt though in that it wasn't falling of course, but still felt similar.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I find that when I experience this free falling feeling, it comes in pairs.

For example, I will wake up, heart pounding and I am still able to remember my dream vividly. Once I allow myself to relax, I seem to slip back into the same dream and I experience that free falling sensation again...in the exact way it happened the first time.

When it first started happening I didn't think anything of it, but now...I dread falling back to sleep after that first time. The loss of breath, pounding heart...it's enough once, but twice in the same night? It's not a very pleasant sensation.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Does anybody here actually think these falling jolts could be part of "Out of Body Expericence"?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
Sometimes in bed I wake up to this free-falling sensation that makes me feel like I fell from somewhere and just woke up. Has anybody experienced this? What is causing this?
Thank you.

I get the same feeling but when I am trying to fall asleep. Maybe I can feel my soul trying to leave the physical world and enter the astral plane. The feeling is hard to explain, but it is similar to going on a roller coaster ride. It feels like you do not have control over your body and that your soul is trying to leap out.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I get the same feeling but when I am trying to fall asleep. Maybe I can feel my soul trying to leave the physical world and enter the astral plane. The feeling is hard to explain, but it is similar to going on a roller coaster ride. It feels like you do not have control over your body and that your soul is trying to leap out.

Do you meditate in bed before going to sleep?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I think that when you go to sleep your spirit/soul goes to higher planes... so a mix of OBE and Astral travel I think, I have these kind of experiences a lot and it is certainly the explanation that I have found that rings true with me.

Resentedhalo08.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Resentedhalo08]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
i just had another one last night.

I was laying in bed watching TV and started to nod off, almost got there then jolted and screamed a bit. This was all in the time period of a commercial break. The show went to commercial, i watched one, fell asleep, jolted, then the show was back on.

i've never had one happen when i was aware of how quick it happened.

and yea...i'd believe it was a sort of out of body thing.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
.. so a mix of OBE and Astral travel

I thought Out of Body Experience and Astral Projection are the same thing?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Does anybody here actually think these falling jolts could be part of "Out of Body Expericence

Well lets hear why you think they are pardner? Since nobody thought my first poist was funny. ( turns and kicks rocks)
I would think more like the beginning of one if I were to think. VS.
The end of one and having no memory of it being outside my bod . copy?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I didn't read through this whole thread yet, just skimmed the first page.

There was a story I heard when me and my friends went camping back in our late middleschool / early highschool days. I'm not spot on with the way it went, as it's been a while, but here it goes :

"When your body feels like it's falling, and suddenly snaps back, it's your brain attempting to save you from death. Your subconscious knows when to save you. Only, one time it won't be able to pull you back in. When it can't, they'll have you, and trust me, when they get you, they won't be happy that you've been avoiding them all this time."

It was usually followed with a "Sweet dreams."

That had always freaked me out, big time. The idea that when that falling sensation is going on, some force is trying to pull your soul down to them, leaving your body lifeless in the waking world. I can -never- get back to sleep after that happens.. I'm up the rest of the night.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LysanderFPX

and i wont be able to sleep tonight...

that story, combined with the picture in your signature means i dont sleep well tonight.

but awesome story..nothing like a being freaked out every now and then.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

The actual story freaked me out more, but, that's just what I remember of it. From what I can recall, it was a lot more lengthy.

Still creeps me out.

As for the signature - I have the full picture floating around my computer somewhere. It's even stranger.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I've been getting this my whole life, usually when I'm overtired and exhausted.

It's terrifying for a minute, but I love iy and get excited at the thought of it happening.

None of that psychic BS though.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

Do you meditate in bed before going to sleep?

I don't meditate but I probably should. I'm lazy when it comes to this stuff and cannot discipline myself to make it a routine.

It also appears to happen randomly, regardless of how tired I am or how anxious I am feeling at the time. It kind of feels like a part of me (maybe my soul?) is ready to become active and leave my physical body. Tough to explain.

[edit on 3/12/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I don't meditate but I probably should.

Start with this when you start meditating:
iso-tones.com...

Very beneficial.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

No, OBE and Astral Travel... not Projection... as that would be the same.

An OBE is usually an experience which occurs when close to your body, upon the physical plane, connected by the silver cord. Astral travel is when you Ascend to the higher Astral Plane... think of the seperation of planes as onion skins, if anyone has felt the sensation of passing through the barrier between the planes you will know that the sensation... I felt like I had rubber being stretched across my body as I was going up through it and then I penetrated the Astral plane with only what I can describe as pure euphoria.

I hope that clears up any confusion with what I said previously.

Resentedhalo08.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Resentedhalo08]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

If you want to, try the Void soundtrack (in Miscellaneous Tones section) from my link above to meditate to.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by sphinx551]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join