It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulling Teeth Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hey guys,

For the past few years I've had a keen interest in dreams. I'm pretty sure a lot of us here are pretty interested in them too.

Over the past few years I've had a few dreams which have involved me standing in front of the mirror and pulling out wiggly teeth. Perhaps pulling out up to more than 5 teeth. What's worse is it feels so damn real, too. When you wake up you immediately think "Oh wait, are my teeth ok?" then that initial thought drifts and then you just dismiss it and go "Oh, you just woke up from a dream. You've still got your chompers, homie".

I hear that these dreams are very common amongst all people. I find this quite weird. I mean, especially when, for the most part, we never really think about doing this often.

I've read a while back that pulling out teeth, or having them fall out is a sign of personal insecurity.

I'm actually pretty interested in seeing how many people have actually had one of these dreams. So now I leave you with these questions: Have you had one of these dreams before? If so, how many? Do you have an alternate view on the translation of these types of dreams?

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Whine Flu]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

I have had the teeth falling out, crumbling, being pulled out dreams before. They are indeed pretty common. I can't think of a better explanation than the personal insecurity one I suppose. I've always had them when I am particularly stressed out at work.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I had many of those dreams too, yeah. It's extremely disturbing, cause it seems so real, you can actually feel the hole in your gums, where the teeth used to be. Creepy stuff.

I too heard it's about feelings of insecurity, maybe being afraid of changes in your life.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Let me tell you what it means if you happen to be Cuban. It means you will hear that someone died....I find it to be true, but not mindblowing, since in most of my experiences, it was someone not close to me...like a moviestar, or someone in government, etc.

Anyway, this is the Cuban interpretation. Not saying this is THE correct one. Just a couple of weeks ago i had a dream that chunks of my teeth were falling out and i woke up to hear about the killings on the base.

My 2 centavos.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by dgtempe]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It means you are worried about your appearance and insecure about your looks

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
You should make sure you aren't bruxing (grinding your teeth or clenching your jaw) in your sleep. Do you have any jaw tiredness, popping or soreness throughout the day that seemingly doesn't make sense? Do any teeth seem a bit loose? Are there any flat spots on your teeth that match top to bottom if you position your bite together in a certain way?

I had that problem along with interesting dream imagery such as yours in too many dreams to count. It's always good to rule that out as it car wreck your teeth by breaking them or wearing them down.

The weirdest one was of my teeth functioning as a disc brake caliper on car with someone else driving it.

[edit on 11/21/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Hey, that's really interesting. I never heard of anything like that before. If I ever have a dream like that again I guess I'll look into deaths.

In saying that, though, being that someone dies everyday, I guess it'd be pretty easy to affiliate the dream with someone's death. Still though, interesting nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Wow, that is pretty creepy. I can't say that I grind my teeth in my sleep, though. In fact, I don't know how people could grind their teeth. Seems like it'd be an awkward sensation.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have had that dream where I am choking on my teeth that fell out. No fun!
No idea why though. WHy do I dream the large dramas I do every night. I love my dreams, except those ones anyways,lol

new topics

top topics

join