It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye, nice knowing you!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
LLOYDS OF LONDON

Lloyds of London has existed profitably since 1688. Edward De Bono, the super-smart guy who invented the concept of lateral thinking concluded that it is certain that Lloyd's of London must one day suffer crippling losses and one day go bankrupt, albeit in the distant future.

Ironically, he was right sooner than he expected, as they suffered crippling losses in the late 1980' and early 1990's with people jumping ot windows etc..

De Bono's logic was this, that it does not matter how tiny a risk is, if you have an infinite number of attempts, one day all the proverbial chickens will come home to roost.

THE LARGE HADRON COLLIDER is a direct parallel. How ever tiny the risk is, the whole of humanity is effectively being put on a roulette wheel, a limitless risk for a very specific limited gain.

If this had been built on Mars say, then I would have no problem of a bunch of geeks risking their own lives, but not mine.

IN ADDITION TO THIS CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING...

In the late 1960's the UK went through a massive crazy of building tower blocks of apartments for low income people. Everyone was guaranteed that they were all safe. One day, one of them, Ronan Point suddenly completely collapsed atone corner. The "experts" assured us that it was a once in 10,000 year event. Years later, it turned ot that there was NO BACKING for this statistic whatsoever. Numerous panels have suddenly just tumbled off tower blocks , occasional killing people on the ground and people who were in the construction teams at the time have admitted to laughably low levels of accuracy. DO THEY REALLY KNOW THE ODDS?

Look at what LHC is based on... The THEORY of Hawkins, not fact ...the view of a man who is known to have a grudge against the world and frankly has little reason to live.

Against this, I have heard that some physicists have actually come up with figures as bad as 11% to 25% that a strangelet will be produced that will escape the LHC, fall to the centre of the earth where it wold grow over 2 years until it finally becomes a black hole. (I am still trying to source this data though).

IF GEEKS WANT TO KILL THEMSELVES, THEN FINE BUT DON'T PUT MY LIFE ON THE ROLETTE WHEEL.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

Ummmmm

Again, you do realise it has already been tunred on right?

No black hole was created then and one wont occur now......talk about paranoia

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This audio transcript was picked up on their webcam. It was difficult to hear it but experts have corrected and enhanced:

"what was that?"

"what?"

"sensor 3b67, that spike"

"move out of the way.. ha.. very funny George.. quit messin around would ya"

"I'm not messin around Frank, 3 more spikes!"

"jesus"

"inaudible call Larson inaudible"

"F^&#%!!!"

"SHUT IT DOWN!!"

"WHAT IS THAT!!?? F^!!!"

"LARSON, SOMETHING CAME THROUGH, SOMETHING CAME THROUGH!!! GET inaudible"

"inaudible.. pause.. GET ME THE PRESIDENT inaudible"

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Ummmmm

Again, you do realise it has already been tunred on right?

No black hole was created then and one wont occur now......talk about paranoia

Turn it on and off as many times as you like, but they have not yet slammed particles into each other head on. All they did when they switched it on is to have them going one way or another. Furthermore, if it is going to create strangelets, they we might not know about it until years later when we start seeing the first side effects, such as messed up weather from a change in the atmosphere, an increase in tectonic events, melting of polar ice caps from changes in the mantle... err, jey guys, doesn't that sound srt of familiar?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by aristocrat2
. Furthermore, if it is going to create strangelets, they we might not know about it until years later when we start seeing the first side effects, such as messed up weather from a change in the atmosphere, an increase in tectonic events, melting of polar ice caps from changes in the mantle... err, jey guys, doesn't that sound srt of familiar?

Yeah, it sounds like the familiar crap that conspiracy theorists with no knowledge about physics or basic 4th grade science start spinning on about, when they dont understand something.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

They are going to conduct test at different power levels. I think a full 7 TeV per beam is the final goal. That is what they need to produce the higgs boson. Right now, the collider is working below power levels already used in other colliders. Wait until they juice it up, that is when the dire effects are supposed to take place. Personally, I don't buy into the fearmongering.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

I agree, its complete hogwash

If there really was a thread, then the RHIC experiment, that has been operating since 2000 would have already turned the earth into a large molten sphere....but it hasnt, and neither CERN wont do this either.

Also, I think the OP should learn what a strangelet is before claiming that it will create earthquakes etc

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
CERN never turned the machine off. The first experiment went as planned and it created a huge black hole. Our whole galaxy was apparently sucked into the black hole killing all life. Our previous time line does not exist anymore. This is our new time line where the CERN did turn the machine off. This will go on for eternity.

The government somehow knows this but is keeping this knowledge from the public. Mayans. 2012.

The End.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by jimmyjohen]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by aristocrat2
. Furthermore, if it is going to create strangelets, they we might not know about it until years later when we start seeing the first side effects, such as messed up weather from a change in the atmosphere, an increase in tectonic events, melting of polar ice caps from changes in the mantle... err, jey guys, doesn't that sound srt of familiar?

Yeah, it sounds like the familiar crap that conspiracy theorists with no knowledge about physics or basic 4th grade science start spinning on about, when they dont understand something.

CONSPIRACY THEORIST...OF COURSE, I forgot.

- If you disagree with any of officialdom then you're a CONSPIRACY THEORIST and can be ignored.
- If my car gets stolen, as I'm a CONSPIRACY THEORIST, the Police don't even have to file a report.
- If a cop get bored, he can taser me for fun as I am a CONSPIRACY THEORIST and have no civil rights.
- If I think the stimulus package will fail, I am a CONSPIRACY THEORIST, and I can be forced to pay higher taxes without any right to representation.
- If I think Gordon brown is a jerk and want to see David Cameron elected as Britain's Prime Minster, I'm a CONSPIRACY THEORIST and my vote can be torn up.
- If I don't want to take the vaccination against H1N1, I'm a CONSPIRACY THEORIST and so can be beaten with a truncheon and be stuck with a needle full of air if they want as I have no right to live.

And to get the facts on CONSPIRACY THEORISTS, all you have to do is cut and paste any of Adolf Hitler's speeches into Word For Windows and do a global substitution of CONSPIRACY THEORISTS for the word JEW and, WOW, everything is then absolutely true. Because as everyone knows, CONSPIRACY THEORISTS are proven not to be human, are born with tiny brains and it is everyone's duty to denonce them publically.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Maybe we are all conspiracy theorists, but some of us like to poke holes in a theory and see if still floats.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I dunno, but I thought this was wierd

Saboteurs??

I mean CNN posting a wierd video about "strange saboteurs" at Cern?? Something to think about...

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I think the video was meant to be slightly comical.

The HB particle threw a french bread in the system's gears????

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjohen
reply to post by Wookiep

I think the video was meant to be slightly comical.

The HB particle threw a french bread in the system's gears????

It IS quite comical, however at the same time kinda weird....Can't deny that!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjohen
CERN never turned the machine off. The first experiment went as planned and it created a huge black hole. Our whole galaxy was apparently sucked into the black hole killing all life. Our previous time line does not exist anymore. This is our new time line where the CERN did turn the machine off. This will go on for eternity.

The government somehow knows this but is keeping this knowledge from the public. Mayans. 2012.

The End.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by jimmyjohen]

Joking or serious?

This audio transcript was picked up on their webcam. It was difficult to hear it but experts have corrected and enhanced:

"what was that?"

"what?"

"sensor 3b67, that spike"

"move out of the way.. ha.. very funny George.. quit messin around would ya"

"I'm not messin around Frank, 3 more spikes!"

"jesus"

"inaudible call Larson inaudible"

"F^&#%!!!"

"SHUT IT DOWN!!"

"WHAT IS THAT!!?? F^!!!"

"LARSON, SOMETHING CAME THROUGH, SOMETHING CAME THROUGH!!! GET inaudible"

"inaudible.. pause.. GET ME THE PRESIDENT inaudible"

Joking or serious?

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Gumerk]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

the idea of the machine destroying the world or creating a black hole is just plain retarded.

all thier doing is bashing particles together. its caveman physics " lets bash these two rocks together and see what happens"

so many simple minds with over active imaginations

Well, it's not like your statement makes a lot of sense either.

What happened when they "split the atom"? Wasn't that a pretty small particle?

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Demoncreeper]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Hello I am posting here because there some random banning going on at GLP again

Anyway is this the Official big LHC thread?
if not please point me to it

btw, I am doing live coverage of today 21-22 events and LHC on my blog

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtragal3
Hello I am posting here because there some random banning going on at GLP again

Anyway is this the Official big LHC thread?
if not please point me to it

btw, I am doing live coverage of today 21-22 events and LHC on my blog

There is no one official thread here. Just do a search for the LCH and find the most recent popular thread thats being talked about.

BTW, what's GLP?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

What happened when they "split the atom"? Wasn't that a pretty small particle?

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Demoncreeper]

I have read that one of the experiments they plan to do at LCH is collide some radio active partles together.

In this video you see how much energy this thing uses to crash the particles into each other. ( apparently the theory of the speed of light being the limit seems to be proven)

My question is, if they have all this super power at the point of collision, how are they able to contain it? ( especially if they collide radioactive particles together - how is this different than splitting an atom? )

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
Check Twitter feed of breaking news, within 3 minutes of Collider being turned on there was a 5.6 earthquake off the west coast of Africa... coincendence??

Check Twitter????

Dude, I just checked my undies due to a minor quake 3 seconds after I read the OP.
There is no richter sphincter scale to measure that either, let me tell you.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
A central problem with banking is the problem of risk and traditionally, banks would loan nothing unless one could prove that one was very secure. If not , one received no loan at all.

In the 1990's, a guy from :Laval University came up with a way to quantify risk. The equation gave a mathematical basis under which, if enough loans are made, medium level risks cold be profitably made as the raised risk level wold be balanced ot by higher returns. With this formula, it became possible for an entirely new strata of loans to be made which, as they were not AAA rated etc, were termed "Sub-Prime".

If the dude at the corner of the street defaults, there is no reasoon for there to be an increase in the probability of me defaulting. Each risk is separate, so the quation cannot break down as it is zillions to one that every borrower will simulaneously loose their job and default. Hence this one equation seemed faultless.

Unfortunately, the risks ARE microscopically linked. If the dude at the end of the street defaults, then he won't buy any more cigarettes at the smoke shop who have marginally less income, albeit by a few pennies and, if a recession causes a few people to default, then the interest rate that the sub-prime borrower must pay will rise marginally.

Result, in 2004, the sub-prime rate began rising. IN 2005, the sub-prime rate saored and the USA began heavy layoffs (at least by standards at the time). As loads of people began defaulting, so stores saw their income go off a cliff in some areas, and further layoffs occured. Creating a spiral.

Companies with as little as $6m had backed hundreds of millions of dollars in mortgages on the basis that history had shown only 5 to 10% maximum had defaulted, but now started to see over 90% defaults and began being called upon to cough up hundreds of millions of dollars. As they could not, the companies that had likewise in effect, been paid to undersign their debt using the same equation, then also began being whacked with huge bills.

By making this wrong assumption about this microscopic link between events, namely that the dude on the corner'sdefault does not increase my likelihood of default, the faulty equation had a zillions to one event become a near certainty.

To date, the "sub-prime" and credit default swap debt has risen to over ...

.....$1,500,000,000,000,000

higher than the asset value of the entire planet.

>>>>> Now another bunch of "experts", blinded by a greed for knowledge, say that their "THEORIES" indicate that the risk is ultra-microscopic and that nothing can go wrong...only this time it's not the banking system or our money, but our lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join