It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heaven's Gate could they be right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Do you think Heaven's Gate could be right? I was reading their literature on their website, which is amazingly still up Heaven's Gate homepage

They taught that once you die if you 'reached the next level' your soul would be transfered to a genderless extraterrestrial body. Remember when Jesus said we would be like angels in that we do not marry or be given in marriage?

Pure bunk? Absolute truth?

What are your thoughts on the matter?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
Do you think Heaven's Gate could be right? I was reading their literature on their website, which is amazingly still up Heaven's Gate homepage

They taught that once you die if you 'reached the next level' your soul would be transfered to a genderless extraterrestrial body. Remember when Jesus said we would be like angels in that we do not marry or be given in marriage?

Pure bunk? Absolute truth?

What are your thoughts on the matter?
You don't need a space ship to get to a higher level, and also killing yourself is not anwser, death will occur for most soon enough no need to help it along.
The Christ said many things many are up for interpretation, once you return to the God Head you will not have need of much, you will be with the one.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
According to wikipedia, there was a surviving member who made an agreement with the leader that he would live in order to continue disseminating their information. Maybe he's the one who is keeping the site up and running.

One of the group's members did not kill himself: weeks before the suicides Rio Di Angelo agreed with Applewhite to leave the group so he could ensure future dissemination of Heaven's Gate videos and literature. He videotaped the mansion in Rancho Santa Fe. However, the tape was not shown to police until 2002, five years after the event.

Heaven's Gate (Wikipedia)

On that same note, I found the Heaven's Gate 'Initiation Tape' on Youtube. Their leader was one freaky guy. Personally, I feel that the message is absolute bunk. IMO, committing suicide in order to evacuate earth before it becomes 'recycled' reaks of paranoia, cowardice, and fear of the unknown. Marshall Applewhite was obviously (excuse my 'French') bat# crazy. After all, he thought that he and his nurse were the two spoken about in Revelations. They called themselves cutsie names like Bo and Peep and Ti and Do. That, in itself, should have been a clue IMO. Notice his hypnotically creepy eyes. Scary!

[edit on 20-11-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
an androgen society would be peacefuller, but less fun.

2nd line of sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It was always in the back of my mind, while this was happening anyway, that what if these guys were onto something. I've got an open mind but the Heaven's Gate crew is just way too out there for me.

No matter what you believe suicide is never the answer.

Let's say it was real, they all killed themselves and woke up aboard a space ship, awesome, for them. Meanwhile there loved ones are back on Earth devastated facing questions that will most likely never be answered properly for them. Bunch of selfish Aholes if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

CIA backed, that's what I heard.
See part of "Pentagon Aliens" for the background.
Another UFO or ET talker group to support dis information.
Part of the big lies of internazis.

The exact same Nazi alien religion is being promoted covertly today by the U. S. government and the Illuminati, through fancy, well-financed TV productions, books, movies, UFOlogy and New Age groups, which spread the lie that flying saucers are “extraterrestrial”, to serve the dual purpose of concealing flying saucer technology and hypnotizing the American masses. We have an InterNazi government.

Ed: Tin hats do not work against longitudinal waves, they go
through everything and can match brain waves and input
signals. Another reason why Tesla and his ether waves are
denied
ED+: On this page:

When the news hit the papers in late March, 1997, about the “mass suicide” of the “Heaven’s Gate Cult”, I figured that the CIA had decided it was time to ‘close out’ the 24-year-old operation, which hadn’t been very productive of significant, new propaganda for years.

[edit on 11/20/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 11/20/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
an androgen society would be peacefuller, but less fun.

2nd line of sarcasm.

how do you know?
fun based off of sex?

i'd imagine that transcendent genderless extraterrestrials would have thought of a higher level of 'fun' .. or .. 'pathways to satisfaction' ...etc.. possibly the elimination of 'desire' ?

you wouldn't care about what you thought you'd be missing.

A NEW LEVEL!!! of PILLOWS!!!
and COMFINESS!!!!
(such pillows!)

-

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

No way, you're nuts. Aliens are jealous of us because they can't enjoy steamy sex. Sorry, but no sex = booooooooooooooring.
Yes other things are fun and I'm not saying I need sex, but have you seriously thought about living without it? Ever? No way. Not me. Aliens suck.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
i get what you're saying.

maybe take away the suicide part..but that we graduate to a higher plane, that seems like the only purpose of life

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
first, I believe Jeebus to be bunk. second, an androgenous society is pretty much what we have going on now. people afraid to fight and get their hands dirty, and even more.. look at their kids. you cant tell the "boi's" from the girls anymore. rather nasty. THird, our governments are not run by nazi's. Operation Paperclip was placed not to get NAZI understanding and philosophy down pat, but more because their scientists were already doing stuff we hadnt thought of, period. the crap the US and UK are afriad to do (like practicing medicine on people (criminals) instead of animals) with science, the nazi's went ahead and did on their prisoners. Not everyone of them was jewish, some were their own too. THAT is why they recruited the nazi's into nasa. all this conspiracy crap is getting old and we are doing nothing but running around in circles waiting for the sky to fall. Inventions are made every day by random no bodies that bear the same inquisitive stain on their souls that people like schrodinger, galeleo, and davinci had. instead of going on and on about the loons from heavens gate, roswell, and B&B miller, while waiting for NASA< MUFON, and the various governments (all run by the same people) to tell us what we want to hear, why not look up subjects like technology, and familiarise ourselves with electronics, so we can just step over the loosely held blind fold of the governments, and start doing for ourselves?

[edit on 20-11-2009 by stanlee]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
No way, you're nuts. Aliens are jealous of us because they can't enjoy steamy sex. Sorry, but no sex = booooooooooooooring.
Yes other things are fun and I'm not saying I need sex, but have you seriously thought about living without it? Ever? No way. Not me. Aliens suck.

Life is infinitely more enjoyable without the desire for sex. It is desire that causes a problem.

And yes, it is possible to give up all desire.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

you must be either in between girlfriends, or you're a woman

top topics

join