It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One World Tax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Any tax imposed on financial transactions would have to take effect internationally to keep Wall Street jobs and related business from moving overseas, U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Thursday.

"It would have to be an international rule, not just a U.S. rule," Pelosi said at a news conference. "We couldn't do it alone, we'd have to do it as an international initiative."

www.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Why is it that more and more now the term "international rule" or "international police" is being voiced almost daily in the media. I have a feeling we're in for it sooner than we think.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Internationally imposed taxes are illegal under the Constitution. Do these idiots in congress ever read the #ing thing? If they can get away with doing this to Wall St. you can bet your ass they'll do it to everyone else. Who gets this money? What will be done with it? Who benefits?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Who gets this money? What will be done with it? Who benefits?

The individual nations that the taxes are imposed in. Obviously you didn't read the article, nor anyone else in the thread thus far for that matter.

The call is not for some tax that goes to some nebulous shadow organization. It is saying that if a tax is one amount here, it needs to be the same amount in every other country lest it unbalance the system, in this case attracting people from one area to another through lower taxes.

A level playing field, nothing to do with your precious NWO.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

I never claimed anything to do with the NWO. I did indeed read the article. But what it doesn't say is what regulatory body would ensure that these taxes are collected in the manner specified. If there is a regulatory body, what kind of authority does it have and under what jurisdiction? These are reasonable questions.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

A level playing field, nothing to do with your precious NWO.

Do you think all countries want a level playing field?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Of course not. A level playing field would remove competition, it would destroy the precious benefits they get from rutheless undercutting other countries and taking advantage of destitute nations.

Perhaps a bit melodramatic in comparison to the topic at hand, but you get the point.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
tired of Nancy Pelosi....

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Why let a nefarious shadow organization collect it when you can do it in the open? Less hassle.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

I absolutely deplore that woman .. I honestly think California should be kicked from the Union just for electing her. May her constituents burn in the deepest pits of hell.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

If it wasn't Pelosi, it's just gonna be another puppet. The public is still the loser.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Some people are puppets.. this is true.. some are evil masters, and I feel certain in saying Pelosi is one of those corrupt individuals so indulged she doesn't need the marionette strings.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by eldard

I absolutely deplore that woman .. I honestly think California should be kicked from the Union just for electing her. May her constituents burn in the deepest pits of hell.

Hey now! Half this state [geographically] is conservative...it's the coastal areas and the resort areas that are democrats. Although Obama had a large % in 08' but still, I wish we could split this state into two!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

Any tax imposed on financial transactions would have to take effect internationally to keep Wall Street jobs and related business from moving overseas, U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Thursday.

"It would have to be an international rule, not just a U.S. rule," Pelosi said at a news conference. "We couldn't do it alone, we'd have to do it as an international initiative."

www.reuters.com...

constitutionally illegal...and might end up in court and possible charges of treason....

top topics

join