It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The girl who silenced the world for 5 minutes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Let me ask you a GENUINE question. People always use the economy and such as an excuse to continue technological "progress." What good is a "great" economy if you cannot breathe the air around you? Ponder that a while.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Sure I do!! I don't view it as being that difficult of a concept to understand. Look around at the world around you and tell me that it's not true.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Let me ask you a GENUINE question. People always use the economy and such as an excuse to continue technological "progress." What good is a "great" economy if you cannot breathe the air around you? Ponder that a while.

What a hypocrate you are did you not just type that message on a machine brought about by a technological progression.

So right now mister lets stop progress so we can continue breathing how many items in your home are made by this progress. You work as something I assume so what is in your place of work that is technological progress.

Or do you live in harmony with nature and somehow create a computer,internet connect ect without having any effect on the enviroment?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I don't believe in AGW. I think that the Earth, and other inner solar system planets, are warming. I think it's a cycle. That's not to imply that humanity is kind to the Earth. We screw up pretty much everything that we touch. Do you disagree?

Contrary to the OP, I didn't hear anything in the girl's presentation about humans equating to viruses, nor the theme of the movie the Matrix.

As I said earlier, I hope that kids were the author of this speech, because then it has merit. If not, I'd like some reference that it was not authored by them.

Regardless, I think it's a valid message. Human beings and perhaps cows, are the primary creatures that crap in their own nest. Cows will even crap on each others heads, and what's worse is the cows will wear that crap without any apparent problem. I have seen this situation many times as a boy, and marveled even back then, that the cows seem to not even notice that they are wearing a craphat. We are only just a tiny notch above that vapidness, in my most humble opinion.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail

Or do you live in harmony with nature and somehow create a computer,internet connect ect without having any effect on the enviroment?

So,I assume that you think there are no alternatives to coal burning power plants and such to produce electricity. Hell, why even look for any, right? You better accept the fact that things are changing and there will be no stopping it.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Oh boy...how about you ponder this?... the EArth has had 7-16 times as much CO2 AND LIFE THRIVED...

Do you really want to know how naive are people like you, the "wannabe tree huggers", and how flawed your ideology is?...

You keep fighting against CO2 WHEN TREES AND THE ENTIRE BIOMASS OF EARTH NEEDS CO2....

Successful indoor growers implement methods to increase CO2 concentrations in their enclosure. The typical outdoor air we breathe contains 0.03 - 0.045% (300 - 450 ppm) CO2. Research demonstrates that optimum growth and production for most plants occur between 1200 - 1500 ppm CO2. These optimum CO2 levels can boost plant metabolism, growth and yield by 25 - 60%.

www.planetnatural.com...

Right now atmospheric CO2 is at 480PPM, the fact is that the Earth is CO2 DEPRIVED.....

Go and see if that SINKS into your head a little...

Oh and BTW...CO2 is NOT a polutant...the EPA has also been trying to label WATER VAPOR as a polutant just so they can tax all the hybrids that are going to be made.....

[edit on 20-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
oh, and one more thing....

Rebecca Lindsey June 5, 2003

Leaving aside for a moment the deforestation and other land cover changes that continue to accompany an ever-growing human population, the last two decades of the twentieth century were a good time to be a plant on planet Earth. In many parts of the global garden, the climate grew warmer, wetter, and sunnier, and despite a few El Niño-related setbacks, plants flourished for the most part.

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

The Earth has in fact become GREENER since atmospheric CO2 began to increase...and atmospheric CO2 is not lethal to humans until it reaches 12% as an atmospheric gas.... it is right now at 0.0048%.....

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Well, considering that the rainforest is what produces most of the oxygen for the entire earth, and we are clear cutting it to support the "progress"people like you so rabidly support, it really won't matter. Will it?

[edit on 20-11-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail

So,I assume that you think there are no alternatives to coal burning power plants and such to produce electricity. Hell, why even look for any, right? You better accept the fact that things are changing and there will be no stopping it.

No that was not my assumption but picking up on the fact do you think that the pc/laptop you are using did not use a coal powered plant to produce? does it have made in china stamped on it anywhere? if it does you can bet your last dollar that coal was used to power the machine that made it.

I have nothing against protecting the environment I just dont see how it has to come at the cost of millions of peoples livley hoods so we can hug more trees.

Should we halt all progression? if so where do you draw the line and at what cost?

Would you happily forgo medcine for yourself or your family or even there lives to save the planet.

A lot of people take the moral high ground on climate change but are never willing to give up there creature comforts or the conveniances that progress has brought us.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Well, considering that the rainforest is what produces most of the oxygen for the entire earth, and we are clear cutting it to support the "progress"people like you so rabidly support, it really won't matter. Will it?

Rainforests actually THRIVED WITH HIGHER TEMPERATURES..... and BTW, it is only Asian countries, and SOUTH AMERICAN countries, as well as Russia, India, and the like who are the ones who keep doing deforestation... The United States was the first country in 2008 to pass a treaty banning ALL wood from illegal deforestation....months later the Europeans didn't want to be left behind and they signed a similar treaty.... It is obvious you have no idea what you are talking about...

The first neotropical rainforest was home of the Titanoboa
Published: Monday, October 12, 2009 - 15:09 in Paleontology & Archaeology

Smithsonian researchers working in Colombia's Cerrejón coal mine have unearthed the first megafossil evidence of a neotropical rainforest. Titanoboa, the world's biggest snake, lived in this forest 58 million years ago at temperatures 3-5 C warmer than in rainforests today, indicating that rainforests flourished during warm periods. "Modern neotropical rainforests, with their palms and spectacular flowering-plant diversity, seem to have come into existence in the Paleocene epoch, shortly after the extinction of the dinosaurs 65 million years ago," said Carlos Jaramillo, staff scientist at the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute. "Pollen evidence tells us that forests before the mass extinction were quite different from our fossil rainforest at Cerrejón. We find new plant families, large, smooth-margined leaves and a three-tiered structure of forest floor, understory shrubs and high canopy."

esciencenews.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
BTW, it is called "The US Lacey Act"....

www.eia-global.org...

Anything else you want to show your ignorance about?

Oh, and check exactly what it says on the first page.

THE U.S. LACEY ACT
Frequently Asked Questions About the Worlds First Ban on Trade in Illegal Wood

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by THIseNdsnowoldKings

thats a good metafoor of my original post, claiming that humanity is the virus.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Global warming is indeed a cycel. You can see that on the iceboring cylinders, they drillt in the antartic. Every meter you see a black ring representing the cylce of the systematic heating of the earth

Im from Holland and on our tv station was a program calld groeten uit de rimboe.(Greetings from no mans land) In that program a normal dutch fam. travels to such a community for a few weeks. They arive to people that live in houses made of #.
And still after numerous seizoens we are perplex about the happiness en joy those people have. They laugh all day. Should that not be the other way. I dont say we must go life in houses made of #. But our paht is not sustainelble, its on a dead end.

Afer rereading it, i almost want to delete its to much zig zag talk. posting it anyway.
Now im gonna play guitar here with my son. Im handeling the mic. (eric cartman,pa pa pa pokerface)

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
If only your claim was true!

so we blather on.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join