It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Palin quits again, leaves behind crowd of supporters without signing books...

page: 1
24
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Angry crowd shouts at Sarah Palin at her book signing in Noblesville, Indiana on November 19, 2009 after Palin quits and refuses to sign books for around 300 families that spent over 3 hours waiting in line.

How can this be? I thought Sarah was "tough" and "ready to serve"? Are my eyes & ears deceiving me?

People at the event first heard chants of “ONE OF US!” but near the end the angry crowd was chanting “SIGN OUR BOOKS!” before she ditched them.

My condolences to hotsauce and Eurisko2012 their illusions shattered today.



[edit on 20-11-2009 by reasonable]



+18 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Honestly who cares anymore? Sarah Palin isn't relevant to anything now. Yeah for a little while it was fun to make fun of her, but now she's on the same level as Ann Coultier. Some antiquated gimmick of the right wing who's served their usefulness and is now obsolete. That's why Palin is making such a shameless cash grab right now because she's trying to get everything she can before she's used up and discarded.



posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I agree, but many here think she is the second coming of christ so I feel compelled to offer them some edumacation.



posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 


+6 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I heard two distinct voices in that whole clip. A far cry from the angry mob that the OP is asserting.

Aside from the usual wacky websites showing the same video I was able to find a great article that is a strong contrast to the claims of the video. YouTube is not news!!


The Noblesville event began in the same fashion as Palin's other book tour events so far: When her bus pulled up, she walked out holding her baby, Trig, then handed the infant to an aide so her hands would be free to wave.

“It’s good to be back in Hoosier territory,” Palin exclaimed, standing on a small podium in front of the crowd — roughly half of whom were holding up cell phones or cameras hoping to snag an elusive picture of the former governor.

“I’m glad you all will get an opportunity to read my words, unvarnished and unfiltered,” she said.

Palin spoke for only two minutes before walking inside to sign books for the next three hours. At the conclusion of the event, as soon as Palin walked out, dozens of young children ran forward from the back of the crowd to try to get a glimpse of her, returning to their parents with shouts of “I saw her, I saw her!”

dyn.politico.com...

Did you catch that? Over 1,000 people showed up during a COLD RAIN to see her and she signed books for 3 hours!! I suppose that she couldn't get to all 1,000 people. Oh well, apparently they were just happy to see her. Don't you just love YouTube??

Funny, the OP is trying to throw this clip in the face of other members. You know what they say about pointing fingers.



posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable
 


Thanks for bringing more attention to Sarah and her cause. I am glad to see you take an interest in her. I especially liked the big picture of her on the bus. Think I could get my bedroom painted up like that? That would be sooooooooo hot!

As far as the vid goes, it didnt really show anything other than a HUGE CROWD OF FANS waiting to get their newly purchased books signed by the Caribou Princess.



posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable
 


there has been nothing on the news about it except that people who were not able to get a wristband were mad, they only handed out 1000, and had to turn alot of people away, i have heard nothing about her not signing all 1000 books





[edit on 20-11-2009 by triaxrob]



posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and thud.
Boy, that didn't take long. So much for caring about the adoring fans. Maybe they'll ask for their money back.



posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic
 


Nice to see that you aren't above calling people "retards". Nice way to discredit yourself even more. BTW my daughters have developmental disabilities and would never refer to them in your terms. Perhaps I should label you. The term a-hole comes to mind.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by jibeho]



posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable
 


haha! just seeing that bus with her name and picture all over is funny enough! She's a scream. Riding around like she's Britney Spears, or Madonna.


Not very dignified I'm afraid. Maybe she is better suited to be a rock star.

[edit on 11/20/0909 by ladyinwaiting]



posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic
 


Nice to that you aren't above calling people "retards". Nice way to discredit yourself even more. BTW my daughters have developmental disabilities and would never refer to them in your terms. Perhaps I should label you. The term a-hole comes to mind.


Are your daughters fond of Sarah Palin? I really don't know what else to call these people. Mentally disabled?



posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce
 


that is pretty much the same video i saw on the news. that was after the sighning, and it was the people that were not able to get in that had bought books trying to get her to stay longer.



posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic
 


Nice to that you aren't above calling people "retards". Nice way to discredit yourself even more. BTW my daughters have developmental disabilities and would never refer to them in your terms. Perhaps I should label you. The term a-hole comes to mind.


Are your daughters fond of Sarah Palin? I really don't know what else to call these people. Mentally disabled?


You are simply unbelievable. My daughters are 3 and prefer Elmo to Palin. What should I call you?



posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic
 


I got a good name for them which might help you out of the pickle you got yourself into with jibeho.. you could call them all Sarah Palin voters in the 2012 election.



posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by triaxrob
reply to post by HotSauce
 


that is pretty much the same video i saw on the news. that was after the sighning, and it was the people that were not able to get in that had bought books trying to get her to stay longer.


Thanks for confirming that.. also at the end it appears that she steps back out of the bus to greet those folks as well. Maybe I was dreaming though.

It is pretty bad when the left fears her potential so much that they are reduced to distort the facts like tht..Nothing against reasonable though because I know in his subconcious he meant well. He is a closet Palin lover. I even gave him a star and flag. I say lets bump this thread to bring more attention toSarah's cause.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by HotSauce]



posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I meant Palin supporters, but I think it's funny that you went the same direction with that. You should get them on ATS, it might be upgrade in intelligence here.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]



posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by reasonable
 


Thanks for bringing more attention to Sarah and her cause. I am glad to see you take an interest in her. I especially liked the big picture of her on the bus. Think I could get my bedroom painted up like that? That would be sooooooooo hot!

As far as the vid goes, it didnt really show anything other than a HUGE CROWD OF FANS waiting to get their newly purchased books signed by the Caribou Princess.




Yeah! That bus looks great! It's very presidential!
1,000s of supporters everywhere. Just imagine them all
voting for President Sarah Palin!


I think i saw the Secret Service people already protecting her!



posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
I meant Palin supporters, but I think it's funny that you went the same direction with that. You should get them on ATS, it might be upgrade in intelligence here.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]


Dude I am not telling you waht to do, but if I were you I would stop with comments that could be interpreted as demeaning to the man's children. Most folks don't take too kindly to that. I bet if you ever met his kids they would be the most precious things you ever saw.

I am not judging you though, because I have occasionaly thrown the retard word around myself without thinking how it could be offensive. So thanks for teaching me what it looks like.



posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable
 


All you linked to us was a video, and no sources to claim for the 300 or so folks who were supposedly neglected. Im not a fan of the woman.... far from it... but lets try to assure fact checking here. The OP sounds more like speculation to me.


Originally posted by jibeho
Did you catch that? Over 1,000 people showed up during a COLD RAIN to see her and she signed books for 3 hours!!


Really? They waited 3 hours for this woman? For that book??? You would really have to be in the tank to even consider to buy her book from the Walmart discount bin.... Its just beyond me.... even for Palin supporters.



posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by reasonable
 


All you linked to us was a video, and no sources to claim for the 300 or so folks who were supposedly neglected. Im not a fan of the woman.... far from it... but lets try to assure fact checking here. The OP sounds more like speculation to me.


Originally posted by jibeho
Did you catch that? Over 1,000 people showed up during a COLD RAIN to see her and she signed books for 3 hours!!


Really? They waited 3 hours for this woman? For that book??? You would really have to be in the tank to even consider to buy her book from the Walmart discount bin.... Its just beyond me.... even for Palin supporters.


actually they were showing people on the local news that had been there all night long to be first in line, they said in all about 2500 people showed up.
she does seem to have a few supporters, unless its just the (HEY SOMEONE FAMOUS) syndrome.



new topics

top topics



 
24
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join