It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is Jesus God ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by the pirate
he was not God...he was political idealist

so then to you he was a lair or a madman? cause obviously he made it known in scrpiture that he was more then just a "political figure". it doesnt take a theologian to figure out that he was reffering to more then just political concepets or ideas.

[Edited on 26-2-2003 by krossfyter]

arc

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I said nothing about him being a madman whatsoever

and I stated that I saw him as far more than a political figure

so what exactly is your problem with my post?

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by arc
I said nothing about him being a madman whatsoever

and I stated that I saw him as far more than a political figure

so what exactly is your problem with my post?

uhh my bad... i posted wrong. i wasnt responding to your post i was TRYING to respond to the pirates post. let me clean that up up there.

my bad.

sometime these buttons confuse me.

lol

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
there all clean. i apologize arc. lol

arc

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
*puts handbag down and retracts claws*

you're forgiven

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
oh you have claws!

well... if people around here are carrying defensive/offensive weapons... i guess i should get a weapon of my own. perhaps.... a tacticle nuke!

lol

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
''Eloi,Eloi,lama sabachthani?"".....which means,''My God ,my God,why hast Thou forsaken Me?'' Theses were the beginning words from the 21st psalm of King David in which David clearly foretold the suffering on the cross of the Saviour. By these words the Lord for the last time reminded people that He is the true Christ,Saviour of the world..........

Gospels of Mathew 27:36-56;Mark 15:22-41;Luke 23:33-49;John19:18-37)

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Jesus is God. They are One with the Holy Spirit.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Thorn
Jesus is God. They are One with the Holy Spirit.

And you don't know what your taking about. you just repeat what has been etched in you mind all of your life. do some research

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen
''Eloi,Eloi,lama sabachthani?"".....which means,''My God ,my God,why hast Thou forsaken Me?'' Theses were the beginning words from the 21st psalm of King David in which David clearly foretold the suffering on the cross of the Saviour. By these words the Lord for the last time reminded people that He is the true Christ,Saviour of the world..........

Uh he was asking why am i dying on a cross when all i have done in good MY LORD

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by abstract_alao

Originally posted by helen

Uh he was asking why am i dying on a cross when all i have done in good MY LORD [/quote

Let us accept, then, the traditions of the Church with a sincere heart and not a multitude of rationalizations.
For God created man to be upright; instead they sought after diverse ways of rationalizing (Ecclesiastes 7:29).
Let us not allow ourselves to learn a new kind of faith which is condemned by the tradition of the Holy Fathers. For the Divine apostle says, "if anyone is preaching to you a Gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed" (Galatians 1:9).9

link for further talks on ...............and it makes sense!!! give credit to whom credit is due.......

orthodoxinfo.com...

[Edited on 19-4-2003 by helen670]

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If you believe, yes. Try the Creed. It's quite simple. One God: Father, Son and Holy Ghost ( bore me not with translations, O ye unlettered).
It's very simple: it's called a Mystery: it does not respond to ratiocination.
Jesus is - in a simple mode -a "third" of God (apologies to the Orthodox among us). take it or leave it: end of story. Save bandwidth.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Estragon the trinty was put together after Jesus's death?!?! Way after Jesus's death.

Helen we can go back and fourth on quotes

Luke 17: 20 -21

20Now when he was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of GOD will gome, He answered them and said, "The Kingdom of GOD does not come with observation; 21 nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of GOD is within you"

Now What!?!?!?

[Edited on 19-4-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
nope.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter
nope.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
orthodoxinfo.com...

The Kingdom of God is within you (Lk. 17:21), and it suffers violence, and the violent take it by force (Mat. 11:12) [13]. That means that people who, in spite of the bonds of sin which fetter them and (by their violence and by inciting them to new sins) prevent them from coming to Him, our Saviour, with perfect repentance for reckoning with Him, yet force themselves to break their bonds, despising all the strength of the fetters of sin�such people at last actually appear before the face of God made whiter than snow by His grace. Come, says the Lord: Though your sins be as purple, I will make them white as snow (Is. 1:18).

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Jesus Christ's words on '''The Kingdom''

Repent, for the Kingdom of heaven is at hand. Matthew 4:17

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:3

The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel. Mark 1:15

Let the children come to Me, do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Mark 10:14

Leave the dead to bury their own dead; but as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God. Luke 9:60

Unless you righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:20

Every scribe who has been trained for the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who brings out of his treasure what is new and what is old. Matthew 13:51-2

The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in a field. which a man found and covered up; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. Matthew 13:44

The kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it. Matthew 13:45-46

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness� sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:10

Truly, I say to you, I shall not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it in the kingdom of God. Mark 14:25

Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it. Mark 10:15

Whenever you enter a town and they receive you, eat what is set before you; heal the sick in it and say to them �the kingdom of God has come near you�. Luke 10:8-9

To what shall I compare the kingdom of God? Its is like a heaven which a woman took and hid in three pecks of meal, until it was all leavened.
Luke 13:20-21

Not everyone who says to Me �Lord, Lord� shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven.
Matthew 7:21

I have earnestly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer,; for I say to you I shall never again eat it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God. Luke 22:15-16

Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power. Mark 9:1

The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; nor will they say, �Lo, here it is!� or �There!� for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you. Luke 17:20-21
Truly, truly I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. John 3:5-6

You are not far from the kingdom of God. Mark 12:34

My kingship is not of this world; if My kingship were of this world, My servants would fight, that I might not be handed over to the Jews; but My kingship is not from the world. John
To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of God; but for others they are in parables, so that seeing they may not see, and hearing they may not understand. Luke 8:10
Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has risen no one greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. Matthew 11:11
Every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a head of a household, who brings forth out of his treasure things new and old. Matthew 13:52

link .............

www.stmarycoptorthodox.org...

[Edited on 20-4-2003 by helen670]

<< 1   >>

join