It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

world population to reach 0 in 500 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Here is a link that has some BS that some people might be interested in.
this particular one is about the world population.
All est. are done by some master math equations.

Anyways, play around with it and let me know what you think.

There is a scrolling bar of all of the other clocks that this website has.

Population Clock

N8

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ontariocanada

hahhaha. interesting. i think there is probably far too many ridiculous assumptions going into this. why exactly would a population of 120 humans not be able to survive again?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This goes to prove that the internet is stuffed full of good stuff and rubbish.

And this fits into rubbish.

No explanation of the logic here!!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Interesting find. I suppose everybody moves to another planet in 498 years, after we have used up this one. I just learned that about 200,000 years ago our population got down to about 600 individuals due to climate change. We are all decendants of those 600 people.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
why do you even post garbage like this when you know its not true?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
hard to say what they base there math on but slowly tapping the arrow keys I found the population starts to drop and reverse its climb in just 50 years...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ontariocanada
Here is a link that has some BS that some people might be interested in.
this particular one is about the world population.
All est. are done by some master math equations.

Anyways, play around with it and let me know what you think.

There is a scrolling bar of all of the other clocks that this website has.

Population Clock

N8

What is interesting is the number starts decreasing in 50 years maxing out at 8,784,391,037.

According to this clock there is only 50 more years of growth, then as the op's link shows, after 500 years man will be extinct.

Interesting.

Peace

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
why do you even post garbage like this when you know its not true?

I guess you are talking to the guy who started the thread. You know the future? Please give us the truth about the future, oh great prophet.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

It has humor value. We can't be serious ALL the time!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So what are the reasons for the population leveling off at 8/9 billion?

Realisticaly we are not going to colonizing planets in 50 yrs time. While we think we are crowded there are vast areas of the planet that are uninhabited.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrabbit1

Actually, Developed nations have a fertility-rate below replacement-level, SO, they are only stable in population because of allowing immigrants. . .

Once third-world countries become developed, their fertility-rate also drops. . . SO, if the whole world became developed, the population of the world would begin to decline. . .

And, eventually, if the trend continues, the world would become under-populated. . . BUT, I'm sure there will be a solution, like cloning & stuff.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Sorry, I should have given examples:

Italy & Japan; look at their fertility rates and estimated population decline.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Interesting find. I suppose everybody moves to another planet in 498 years, after we have used up this one. I just learned that about 200,000 years ago our population got down to about 600 individuals due to climate change. We are all decendants of those 600 people.

where did you just learn that?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
If endocrine disruptors keep doing as much damage as they are right now, I'll be surprised to see us around in 100 years. Perhaps some people will be markedly less susceptible to these chemicals. Not sure. Either way, the issue must be addressed soon.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
hooray! at most i have about 80 years left to live.. i wont have to worry about this. oh wait, arent we all supposed to die in like three year

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
You mean Chuck Norris isn't going to survive? I don't believe it!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen

Originally posted by earthdude

where did you just learn that?

Nova on US public television. It is called the Bottleneck Effect on Evolution. It is a theory supposedly upheld by genetic research. I can't find much about it on the internet.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by earthdude]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I once heard somewhere that Edgar Cayce said that souls are numbered and that number is somewhere around nine billion, so if I am recalling correctly, that could be an explanation, however, It's just a thought so don't attack me, I still don't see how we'd go down to zero, a lot of catastrophes could happen, but always someone would survive and replenish the population, we've found ways to before. Unless of course we lose our atmosphere in five hundred years, that would be total annhilation.

Note: I can't find any references for this on the internet, so I may be wrong, but I thought I heard this somewhere, If anybody knows, please post the reference here, thanks.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by ldyserenity]

This is what wiki had to say:
Because births outnumber deaths, the world's population is expected to reach about 9 billion by the year 2040.

world population

Here's what the Talmud says:
In Jewish mysticism, the Chamber of Guf (or Guph or even Gup) (Hebrew for "body" or "corpse") also called the Otzar (Hebrew for "treasury") is the Hall of Souls, located in the Seventh Heaven. Every human soul is held to emanate from the Guf. The Talmud teaches that the Messiah will not come until the Guf is emptied of all its souls (Yevamot 62a).

The mystic significance of the Guf is that each person is important and has a unique role which only he, with his unique soul, can fulfill. Even a newborn baby brings the Messiah closer simply by being born.

In keeping with other Jewish legends that envision souls as bird-like, the Guf is sometimes described as a columbarium, or birdhouse. Folklore says sparrows can see the soul's descent and this explains their joyous chirping.

The peculiar idiom of describing the treasury of souls as a "body" may be connected to the mythic tradition of Adam Kadmon, the primordial man. Adam Kadmon, God's "original intention" for humanity, was a supernal being, androgynous and macro-cosmic (co-equal in size with the universe). When this Adam sinned, humanity was demoted to the flesh and blood, bifurcated and mortal creatures we are now. According to Kabbalah, every human soul is just a fragment (or fragments) cycling out of the great "world-soul" of Adam Kadmon. Hence, every human soul comes from the "guf [of Adam Kadmon].

More to readthe talmud

Might 2040 become the new "End of Days" when 2012 doesn't pan out? I think the talmud is where it says the number of souls I just haven't got the energy to look all through it.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Sans a mass extinction event, global famine, or plague I don't ever see the population of Earth decreasing measurably. There will almost certainly come a day when we reach a sort of stasis where our population numbers hold fairly static, but we'll never see a gradually decreasing population... only precipitous falls in population numbers caused by outside incidents.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Just humour for everyone. It's complete rubbish but fun.

new topics

top topics

join