It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegian scientists raise concerns about mutated form of swine flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Just saw this article and it is worrying that there does seem to be a mutated strain of the the H1N1 virus in Europe causing problems in the lungs and may be more deadly.

Scientists in Norway have identified a mutated form of the swine flu virus that is raising concern because it was found in two patients who died of the flu and a third who was severely ill with the disease, officials announced Friday.

In a statement, the Norwegian Institute of Public Health said the mutation "could possibly make the virus more prone to infect deeper in the airways and thus cause more severe disease," such as pneumonia.

www.washingtonpost.com...

This does seem to validate some of the information coming out of the Ukraine. I am interested in hearing what ATS members from Norway have to say about this. Is there any sense of concern or panic about this news?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I read the same in the norwegian newspaper today. It also stated that this new strain mainly affects the lungs and goes deeper down than the original virus.

Sounds like the Ukrainian one to me, there too the new problem is that it attacks mainly the lungs and people die from drowning in their own blood basically.

Reports said something about 70 000 being hospitalized, and 1 million infected, in the last TWO WEEKS alone in Ukraine. Reports about this one in the neighbour countries such as Poland, Russia, Romania etc too.

Apparently, the lethality is said to be around 11% in Ukraine on this new one. In Norway the lethality is around 0,002% for now (1 million people infected by the original swine flu, only around 20 people dead)

So if the same numbers are valid for Ukraine, this means that this new strain have a mortality rate of 5000 times the original swine flu - quite serious I would say if this one starts spreading. 5000 times more deadly assuming the reported deaths of Norway are reliable and this is the same for the Ukranian ones whom have been running with this new strain (that might be a different one) for two-three weeks now.

Here is some more information:
www.zerohedge.com...

-Maggador

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I live in north Norway,I dont know, there aint no panic up here ,well I know alot of people who are sick with the swine flu.Some people are scared, but Im not.It does seem like theres a bigger panic down in south.

just wanted to add, that I live on a small island ,so maybe the panic would be smaller here anyway

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Locke23]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locke23
I live in north Norway,I dont know, there aint no panic up here ,well I know alot of people who are sick with the swine flu.Some people are scared, but Im not.It does seem like theres a bigger panic down in south.

just wanted to add, that I live on a small island ,so maybe the panic would be smaller here anyway

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Locke23]

Ja, jeg kjenner folk som har hatt Swine flu and they came out of it pretty well, and I have frineds taking the vaccine getting horribly sick..

My wife works at an private doctors office,and she gets alot of calls with people actually being afraid, they feel like they are dying, and she is 'obligated' by the FHI to say it is 'normal side effects', she feels pretty upset about that, knowing what I tell her about the FluScam etc..

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

my stepdad took the vaccine,I told him it wasnt a good idea but NOBODY listens to me,I tell people the dangers,and they just go on ,and some has gotten real sick,its not fun.
Im sorry to hear that,its real hard to tell people what you really mean when you work at places like that,..real hard times we live in ..

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'm from Stavanger, south of Norway.. And people have no clue of what's going on, so theres no panic or such.

Originally posted by Locke23
reply to post by ChemBreather

my stepdad took the vaccine,I told him it wasnt a good idea but NOBODY listens to me,I tell people the dangers,and they just go on ,and some has gotten real sick,its not fun.
Im sorry to hear that,its real hard to tell people what you really mean when you work at places like that,..real hard times we live in ..

Same as me man, I keep telling my parents and friends about the situation. But their like: "Oh.. that sounds horrible. It can't be true though, stop smoking so much weed and don't read about all that 'negative stuff' on the net."

So I'm getting really pissed about all of this, because nobody takes it serious. I think generally, people in Norway trust the government way to much. Nobody ever asks a single question..

So you know people actually getting sick from the vaccine? How sick are they? I only know this one guy who took the vaccine, but he hasn't had any problems yet (except the day after the shot). My little brother had the opportunity to take the shot at school, and fortunately I overheard this, so I got my parents to sign 'no thanks' on the vaccine slip.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
"So I'm getting really pissed about all of this, because nobody takes it serious. I think generally, people in Norway trust the government way to much. Nobody ever asks a single question.."

I have to applaude you on that one

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by martinasdf

Thanks for your personal experience and that of the other member from the Island, see is people like you that are in the areas that are "advertised as been infected with mutating killing viruses that keep everything real".

Propaganda is such a powerful tool.

Keep safe and keep us informed.

top topics

join