It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Orchestrating the Fall of the Churches?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by dusty1

The churches will fall. As predicted in the book of Revelation.

The book of revelation and what a joke it's turned out to be, the gospels themselves say how John was an ignoramus and could not read or wright yet he somehow not only writes revelation but does so in Greek ?

C'mon wake up and smell the coffee dude.

Well at this point I don't think that any reputable scholars, even Christian ones believe that the books of the NT can be attributed to the "Apostles" The only gospel that is thought to have possibly been written prior to 100CE is Mark. Revelation not until hundreds of years later.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

The lack of grand scale modern day miracles are causing the church to fall.

Back in the day, the Bible we all love was packed full of fantastic healings, land movements, reversed plagues, mass feedings and all witnessed by thousands of folks at the time...

Since then we have seen nothing! --- WHY DID MIRACLES STOP?

Why have there been NO major miracles since the bibles time... a span of 2000 + years huh? Please Bible heads, feel free to find your usual "Duck & Dodge" theories to answer for this one! "God told Jesus he wanted man to learn a lesson by flooding New Orleans... He'll give us all the answer why later..."

The only miracles nowadays, are the church and government parting the green sea in our wallets to rob us...

Instead of these pedofiles and snake handling preachers... please produce some damn realistic hope for us to see and believe, and I bet church attendance would skyrocket.

Here are some examples that would pack pulpits like sardines in a can:

1. Get rid of world poverty overnight
2. Turn useless arid land in Africa into a 1000 mile long Whole foods.
3. Stop the Federal Reserve by raining gold nuggets for 40 days and 40 nights.

People have lost faith because you can only ponder a 2000 year old story for so long before you get totally frustrated with... IT.. and the folks who are TELLING it.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by Level X]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

You bring up some interesting points. You are correct that Revelation chapter 17 verse 16 does say "saints", but chapter 18 verse 24 says "prophets". In Revelation 18 verse 9-11 the kings of the earth and the merchants of the earth bewail and mourn her passing. It will be a shock. I personally do not believe this is an illuminati conspiracy. No real Christian would serve a human claiming to be the returning King.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I've never liked coffee. Now, if you would have said "wake up and smell the hot chocolate", you may have swayed me to become an unbeliever.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by dusty1]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Majiq

Many scholars have that view. It often seems like Bible scholars are not taken seriously unless they are non-believers, critical of the Bible. Maybe thats a conspiracy. Should we only believe if we physically watched the writer put pen to paper?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

Like I said, it's not just non-believing scholars who say that. Christian scholars are likewise also saying that. I don't think that we have to see the pen put to the paper to believe when it was written, but as people who study that sort of thing they have ways of dating the oldest known texts. Paper type, writing style, all sorts of things go into it, and I don't have enough knowledge to even try to explain it all.

What we do know is that the majority of the NT was written by the false prophet, Paul, and his little tag along Luke. I think that is very telling about what christians have had pounded into there heads from the start.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Majiq

I think Paul may disagree with you.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Majiq

When a book is published it may be reprinted several times with different copyright dates. The books of the bible would have been copied many times over the centuries. Scholars will have access to only a very limited number of "reprints". Often, scholars have pre conceived ideas just like the rest of us do.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The Xtian Church is falling because its time is up.
Like everything, it has gotten old and decreopit.
It is dieing a natural death.
Let it go, the matter is beyond your control.

It came in with the Age of Pices. That is why the symbol of the Fishes. And Jesus was called the Fisher of Men.
If you are religious then you must know that this is just another chapter in your God's Plan.

Prior to Pices was the Age of Aries, and the goat or Lamb was the symbol.
Jesus represented that Lamb, and he was sacrificed for the Age of the Fishes.

We are now entering the age of Aquarius.
This is the sign of the Water Bearer.

Maybe there is some connection here. Consider that ALL of our world's water is Polluted. The marine life is dying. With the growing population, water shortages are predicted.
Do you think that this will be the Age where we take concern for our Water seriously?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
God is.

Because he is not happy with the religions & churches that misrepresent him.
They aren't following the bible anymore, some never did.

It's a good question, with a surprising answer.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
God is.

Because he is not happy with the religions & churches that misrepresent him.
They aren't following the bible anymore, some never did.

It's a good question, with a surprising answer.

The surprising answer is... folks like you always try and portray God as if he really cares about the state of human beings. For every trillion moments of joy on earth, he and the churches he made possible produced 100 trillion moments of anguish, suffering, pain and unessary death.

The natural laws of Mother nature seem more Godlike to me... because she would never hold people accountable over a book and system of profound fiction and lies.

Like the H1N1 virus, the concept of Jesus and God have been falsely rammed down folks throats for thousands of years... and If you didn't succomb to "their SHOT" you would be burned at the stake.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by Level X]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm not a religious man but I don't think the Church is "falling." I think civilizations go through phases and the current phase seems to be none-church-going.

Give it another 5 years and one large catastrophe and ppl will be back in church in no time.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
One word: Satan.

Satan does not exist. It's a fear made up by aliens (Reptilian conspiracy) to keep humans ignorant, enslaved and live in fear on Earth.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by debunky

The CHURCH will be those who will be able and ready for the Tribulation of Satan.

Just what makes Christianity so much more "right" than Buddhism or Hinduism, for example? Do you Christians really think you are so much better than other religions and think you got it all right?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Alethea,

You are correct in your assessment…the major religions are in decline due to internal fighting for power, personal political agendas, and the lack of spiritual leadership.

The corruptions we have been seeing over the last thirty years in Corporate America are also prevalent in the church and the fruit trees now lay barren.

In time they will come back, but the strength the church once claimed is gone. People want spirituality to fulfill their life, not lip service, false interpret doctrine, overt hypocrisy, along with the issues I mentioned above.

rgs

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
i'm surprised the "churches" lasted as long as they have. true spirituality and true belief doesn't really require such formality or evangelicism, does it? nor does it require riches and buildings and wealth or false idols. maybe more people are just realizing this? and maybe some resent being puppets that some in some churches seem to try to control?

[edit on 23-11-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1
reply to post by Majiq

I think Paul may disagree with you.

I'm sure that he would, but would the rest of the apostles or even Jesus if he was in fact real, disagree? Paul was only a self proclaimed Apostle, none of the others or Jesus gave him that title anywhere in the bible. After Judas, it was Mattias(sp?) who was given his spot. In fact there is proof that Peter and the other were very much against Paul, and his teachings.

When a book is published it may be reprinted several times with different copyright dates. The books of the bible would have been copied many times over the centuries. Scholars will have access to only a very limited number of "reprints". Often, scholars have pre conceived ideas just like the rest of us do.

This is true, but there is more involved with dating the books than what can be found through the carbon dating process. To know all the details you would have to speak with an expert in that field, but I know that it has a lot to do with things like syntax, and word usage. Of course it is possible that when the books were copied the wording and structure was fundamentally changed but if this is so then all validity of the bible as the word of God is lost.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Why would you wish people to "wake up to the fairy tale"? Why do you care? Is it that you actually question your decision to call it a fairy tale and need more people in your corner? That pleases Satan greatly.

My question to you is why don't you wake up and realize that Satan has managed to lure you away from The Cross, from the promise of Salvation for all eternity. Any other all eternity notion you have come up with on your own is only a gamble for you.

Jesus said enter the Narrow Gate for wide is the path to destruction and many will enter therein. That path gets wider by the minute it seems.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
The Xtian Church is falling because its time is up.
Like everything, it has gotten old and decreopit.
It is dieing a natural death.
Let it go, the matter is beyond your control.

It came in with the Age of Pices. That is why the symbol of the Fishes. And Jesus was called the Fisher of Men.
If you are religious then you must know that this is just another chapter in your God's Plan.

Prior to Pices was the Age of Aries, and the goat or Lamb was the symbol.
Jesus represented that Lamb, and he was sacrificed for the Age of the Fishes.

We are now entering the age of Aquarius.
This is the sign of the Water Bearer.

Maybe there is some connection here. Consider that ALL of our world's water is Polluted. The marine life is dying. With the growing population, water shortages are predicted.
Do you think that this will be the Age where we take concern for our Water seriously?

Well well xzone, why don't you start a religion with that wacko stuff and become a millionaire? lol

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join