It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Slightly Used US Citizenship for Sale!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
...than you self touted consevatives in your 30's & 40's. It was a joke, but one couched in the observation that he is becoming aware of what the old guard has been up to. It's a milestone that everone goes through at different times. His is at a younger age & he should be applauded for it, though it strikes at the Neo-Con thirst for jingoistic displays as the baseline for demonstrated patriotism.
His azz will be drafted, not yours. His azz will be stepping into a workforce, sometime over the next 2 to 8 years, that will have to labor the first 30 years of their professional life to cover the national debt. He will be, Bejeebus forbid that Dim Son steals another 4 years, also looking at trade deficits as far as the eye can see that will wreck havoc over our domestic wealth.
So kid, here's what you do:
Lead a clean life, study your azz off, say your prayers & take your vitamins, and make sure you get yourself into a position where these "conservatives" are working for you....nothing changes minds like authority. Then, run for office.
It's a cool dynamic being in your mid 20's having folks twice your age reporting to you; sure some were resentful, but keep the brass balls clanking & be fair and they will respect you.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
I will gladly buy your citizenship from you.

I will also glady throw your a$$ outta here once it is mine and give it to some worthy immigrant who has never tasted freedom.

And I would gladly be there to back you up.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
How'd I know this'd start a whole big 'How can you say this about the best country in the world' proud crap? I think this guy was trying to make a point (albiet he didn't go the right way about it), although he didn't really make whatever point it was very well...
I'm English, and I wouldn't trade my passport for anything, I lurrrve my country, and alot of people from other countries do also; 'best' is a matter of opinion, so lets not go down that patriotic root please.

As for this thread as a whole...well it makes no sense and has turned into a giant troll.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Bout Time, I'll say its better to be a neo-con than a neo-commie.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ok...the point of this thread was only a joke. I'm sorry if I have offended anybody here. I recently discovered the Jokes forum on BTS, and I would like a forum moderator to please move this thread there if it isn't to much trouble.

Thanks,
Matt

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
lol on ebay people would be bidding loads, because some guy put i pound up for sale and it went for over �100.. no joke!

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I wouldn't change my British passport but a US citizenship would be useful too. I would be able to fecking well work for one thing.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Being indoctrinated with a sense of national pride weakens your character and sets you up as an unthinking puppet for life. Stay clear of it.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

McGotti inadvertently brings up an interesting point... Why do so many "illegals" want to come to the US?

Intelgurl, I think aside from the fact that as an "alien", especially the non-illegals, that you are provided a great many incentives.
Freedom for one, from most repressesion. Low interest loans for the purpose of going into small business. The ease of gaining an education, at one of many fine "higher-learning" institutions.
I also believe, IMO, that it's part of the "grander" scheme.
It helps to "dilute", if you will, the "purity" of Americanism. Once the place has been reached where "globalization" is reality, it's easier to assimilate the masses.
Let's face it, our country has long ago gone from being a "melting pot", to being a "salad bowl".
I live on the West Coast, just N of Seattle to be exact. And if you want to see what it's like to live in a non-English speaking country, come here.
Most of the governmental offices have their signs posted in Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Ukranian, Arab, etc, etc, etc.
=========================================

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Being indoctrinated with a sense of national pride weakens your character and sets you up as an unthinking puppet for life. Stay clear of it.

Being imbued with a sense of civic and/or national pride because of one's contributions to society strengthens your character and makes your country an even better place to live. Embrace it.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Muadib

As i've said before i can go back to my mums country (malaysia) which isnt a radical islamic country at all (but it is islamic), in fact they love westerners there...

I spent 3 months in Penang, and as an American with a deep Southern accent I often had complexities in my travels, while dealing with the local populace. Not in Penang-
Penang was awesome- I loved it there. It was awesome there, the dollar was great against the local currency, and the people were so nice...
And it wasn't radical, as specialasianx said.
A great place to visit- I almost stayed there. And I will return to Penang, one day.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by US.SecretService
In any case, it's better than our economy is now most likely.

ha ha ha! hey at least we get to have our own # here pal.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join