It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sources: Lou Dobbs Prepping Possible Presidential Run

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

The sudden resignation of Lou Dobbs from CNN might have surprised a lot of his supporters, but it was less of a shock to some of his closest business associates. Dobbs, multiple sources have told AllYourTV.com, has been quietly testing the waters for a presidential run in 2012.

allyourtv.com...
What do you think?does he have a chance?Good name recognition.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Please.. NO..

I am begging any media company to hire Dobbs and make this stop...

In other words, I would hope that common sense prevails an Lou chalks this idea up to

too much time on his hands..

If he's serious, try a local election first

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
called it!

This seriously worries me because Lou Dobbs (I) 2012 = 8 years of Obama.

This doesn't come as too much of a surprise though, there was a similar rumor in 2004.

Lets just hope that too many years as a journalist haven't inflated his ego to a self destructive level.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
That's not what I heard at all. Reports I read said he was forced to leave CNN by the top brass because he kept discussing Obama's US Citizenship and the lack of proof.

He will be on the Fox Business Channel in less than two months, he isn't running for President.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The thing that gets me is why would he want to represent that country. Only joking.

Na, i think only ron paul, but he stood no chance either. Ron paul proved the election is rigged, fact. SO dobbs and who else need the ptb on there side before trying to run as president.

Personally i think the country is too far gone for someone like dobbs to make a difference, and you need latinos on your side.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
He will be on the Fox Business Channel in less than two months, he isn't running for President.

Haha, yea. Man I hate Fox.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Dobbs was ousted from CNN for basically being nonstop opinions...not a bad thing mind you, except that CNN is trying to be middle of the road and not a mouthpiece.

I imagine he could try, but how would he run? he is nutty, but not nutty enough to be considered a republican front runner in how the reps are currently formed (maybe he can become more extreme).

He could try as a independent and absorb the lost former moderate republicans...but most of them have since either gone independent, gone far to the right with their party, or bit the bullet and went dem...it would be hard work for him to try and get those former moderates back to the center right.

I dont think he will be running in 2012 mind you...too much insanity in the rep party currently and Obama will (for better or worse) slaughter anyone short of moviestar status. They will, like in 08, send a sacrificial goat to fail verses put any serious contender up for the spot. The next real possibility for POTUS for the reps are 2016...and only the most delusional believe otherwise...hell, even my father knows that..and he is about as far right limbaugh/hannity/beck dittohead as they get.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I have heard something about a possible Senate run, but nothing about running for the top spot in 2012. He couldn't win a national election.

His quest for ratings has produced a much too wide gap between those he was speaking to all those years, and all the people he was speaking about.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think this is great news, this from a Ron Paul supporter who know about rigged elections and power plays. I have been watching Lou for years now, and saw him on the Daily Show a few nights ago. He would not say just why he left CNN, contracts and non-disclosure clauses prevent him from taking about it, but hey, Lou is an Advocate of Patriotic groups, and he was critical of both Bush and Obama, and according to Lou, CNN is all about a middle of the road show now, more of a human interest "show," instead of actual news. These days the only way to get real news is on the computer, with ATS and alternative news websites.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
called it!

This seriously worries me because Lou Dobbs (I) 2012 = 8 years of Obama.

This doesn't come as too much of a surprise though, there was a similar rumor in 2004.

Lets just hope that too many years as a journalist haven't inflated his ego to a self destructive level.

HAAAHAHAHA. So the current prez has his ego in check?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The only positions Dobbs is qualified for in the White House would be Sec of Commerce, Director of the OMB, or (best choice) White House Press Secretary (if Lou could simply learn to keep his opinions and mouth in check.)

One of the reasons many opposed Obama as president and the primary reason most people gave for opposing Palin as vice president was lack of experience. Compared to spending 30 years in front of a television camera, both Obama and Palin were veteran politicians with abundant job experience for higher government positions.

I believe this is a ruse by Lou purely intended to make sure his name is in the news and remains relevant while he works out a contract deal with FOX, MSNBC, CNBC, or Bloomburg.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
For quite a while now, long before Lou quit CNN, I was hoping that he would consider a presidential run.

It is true that he has 0 experience in executive power.

Lou's ideas are powerful because he's a pragmatic populist. He wants to stop illegal immigration and practice protectionism in economy and trade, both I think are great ideas and long overdue.

By the way, imagine presidential debates between Obama and Lou... Gosh! I would pay for it if it were on pay-per-view.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by buddhasystem]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Obama is a one term president. He is already a lame duck. Looks like a fool on the foreign policy front, the economy is in shambles and the government looks increasingly incompetent. He'll get a serious challenge from the right of the Democrats, pushing him to the left and the election will be between two serious centrists. I am hopeful for 2012 in that we might actually get someone competent from either party elected. The only hope Obama has is the radical plan that the democrats are working on which would drastically liberalize the voting process coupled with the legalization of the 12 million illegals in the country, which will be done prior to 2012. That is the plan. They will not be able to win without driving policy that generates a larger left. I don't believe it will work. Hilliary Clinton will be the next democrat candidate. She'll quit her post in the first half of next year. She has never disbanded her election organization and, while not reported continues to raise money and has a massive war chest.

Dobbs is a joke and has no hope to run for national office. He could make a senate run, but I'm not certain what state he would call home. Maybe NY. If it is NY, he has no hope of being elected to the Senate. If he moves and establishes a residence in a conservative state, much like Clinton did in NY, he'll run for office. My bet is the same as the poster above. He writes a book and gets a job on Fox

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

i fully support your counter point. haha.

top topics

join