It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul’s Amendment To Audit The Federal Reserve Approved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Didn't see this anywhere. This was posted on infowars and originally from Streetinsider.com:

November 19, 2009 5:37 PM EST A key House panel approved the Paul-Grayson Amendment by an overwhelming 43-26 Thursday afternoon, which will give watchdogs new authority to audit the Federal Reserve.

Found it at another website here:
Politico.com

links:
streetinsider.com

Grayson, however, told POLITICO in an interview that Watt’s amendment would add more restrictions on the GAO’s ability to audit the Fed, not less. “And there’s a crying need to expand it because the Federal Reserve has completely changed the way it’s done business since a year and a half ago.”

[edit on 20-11-2009 by kommunist]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I believe it will still have to be passed through both sides of congress first.

This is probably just more leverage for the case thought.
I'm all for it, and against it. Auditing the Fed will cause a major collapse. Guaranteed.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Fiat money by definition is worthless or at best as valuable as the confidence that backs it. In the end, all fiat money is a confidence game and con games are just bad news for all involved except for the ones who are conning. An audit of the Federal Reserve at this point is nothing more than pomp and circumstance. When it is understood that it is fiat money that is being used as currency there is no need to audit the Fed, the need lies in getting rid of the Fed and demanding Congress accept the responsibility they have been charged with by Constitutional mandate. It is Congress who has been charged with the printing and coining of monies and until the people finally get that Congress to do the job they were hired to do, no amount of audits are going to fix the problem.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

I'm sure the banksters at the Fed still have a few tricks up their sleeve to try and stop the audit from happening, approved or not.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
I believe it will still have to be passed through both sides of congress first.

This is probably just more leverage for the case thought.
I'm all for it, and against it. Auditing the Fed will cause a major collapse. Guaranteed.

Agreed...once they find that the gold in Fort Knox is either missing alot or has been replaced with gold plated Tungsten people are gonna be livid and scared.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The audits won't find anything meaningful, the bill has been gutted to ensure that. This will only serve TPTB's goal of making the public feel good that the Fed is being audited. Some could say that at least it is a start, but I think it's probably worse than nothing.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
Agreed...once they find that the gold in Fort Know is either missing alot or has been replaced with gold plated Tungsten people are gonna be livid and scared.

The gold went from Fort Knox, to the WTC, then to China (or Israel).

In series. From 1995-2008.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I tend to agree. After the Congressional "audit" restores confidence, we'll have a fresh wave of cries for an audit of the audit, and nothing will have really changed. It will simply go down as the "Federal Reserve Audit Conspiracy" with plenty of new threads on ATS to flesh the conspiracy theory out.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Isn't it a little odd that this hasn't made it to any big news news networks yet? Can't find articles on it anywhere.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Fiat money by definition is worthless or at best as valuable as the confidence that backs it. In the end, all fiat money is a confidence game and con games are just bad news for all involved except for the ones who are conning. An audit of the Federal Reserve at this point is nothing more than pomp and circumstance. When it is understood that it is fiat money that is being used as currency there is no need to audit the Fed, the need lies in getting rid of the Fed and demanding Congress accept the responsibility they have been charged with by Constitutional mandate. It is Congress who has been charged with the printing and coining oasonf monies and until the people finally get that Congress to do the job they were hired to do, no amount of audits are going to fix the problem. [/quote¥¥ Star for you friend,spot on.Its Congress who should be under the gun not to audit the thieves but to confess that gangs origins and continued looting of this countries taxpayers since 1913.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
The audits won't find anything meaningful, the bill has been gutted to ensure that. This will only serve TPTB's goal of making the public feel good that the Fed is being audited. Some could say that at least it is a start, but I think it's probably worse than nothing.

If Ron knows the bill has been gutted, then why he's just playing along with it?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I've seriously seen this on no major news network, I wonder what's up with that.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by krull11

Mainstream media often lies by omission.

top topics

join