It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Neoconservatism is a political philosophy that emerged in the United States of America, and which supports using American economic and military power to bring liberalism, democracy, and human rights to other countries. In economics, unlike traditionalist conservatives, neoconservatives are generally comfortable with a welfare state; and, while rhetorically supportive of free markets, they are willing to interfere for overriding social purposes.
Originally posted by vor78
Threads like this one are what's wrong with this site. Its nothing more than political baiting.
Political Views May Be Genetically Influenced, Twin Study Shows "Research by Rice University professor of political science John Alford indicates that what is on one's mind about politics may be influenced by how people are wired genetically."www.sciencedaily.com...
When morality opposes justice: Conservatives have moral intuitions that liberals may not recognizeWe present theoretical and empirical reasons for believing that there are in fact five psychological systems that provide the foundations for the world’s many moralities. The five foundations are psychological preparations for detecting and reacting emotionally to issues related to harm/care, fairness/reciprocity, ingroup/loyalty, authority/respect, and purity/sanctity. Political liberals have moral intuitions primarily based upon the first two foundations, and therefore misunderstand the moral motivations of political conservatives, who generally rely upon all five foundations.faculty.virginia.edu...
The Power of Political MisinformationBut a series of new experiments show that misinformation can exercise a ghostly influence on people's minds after it has been debunked -- even among people who recognize it as misinformation. In some cases, correcting misinformation serves to increase the power of bad information...
In a paper approaching publication, Nyhan, a PhD student at Duke University, and Reifler, at Georgia State University, suggest that Republicans might be especially prone to the backfire effect because conservatives may have more rigid views than liberals: Upon hearing a refutation, conservatives might "argue back" against the refutation in their minds, thereby strengthening their belief in the misinformation. Nyhan and Reifler did not see the same "backfire effect" when liberals were given misinformation and a refutation about the Bush administration's stance on stem cell research. www.washingtonpost.com...
Originally posted by ShadoMan
Just look at the symptoms:
1. Hatred towards others who express different Viewpoints
Like the far lefts hatred for anyone with conservative views?
2. Willingness to gather in large groups to shout down and verbally abuse elected representatives.
At least they are doing something when their representitives ignore letters, e-mails and phone calls.
3. Paranoia that our government is run by communists because of artwork on buildings that Capitalists built
Haven't heard that one before.
4. Banding together to make tea producers wealthy
Haven't purchased any tea lately.
5. Compulsive purchasing of weapons and ammunition.
Compulsive anything indicates a problem. I see no problem with buying guns and ammo.
6. Fear that free Medical help for everyone is subverting Democracy
I think its more about not wanting to pay for people looking for a free ride.
7. Fear that upholding personal freedoms are socialistic.
Is forcing people to buy health insurance with the threat of fines and jail considered personal freedom?
8. Believing that Commentators are News Journalists.
They are all corporate shills
9. Believing that a Blackman in the White House is Un-American and against American beliefs
I don't think many people believe this.
10. Starting Wars based on lies to enrich the lives of the wealthy is best for America
War is bad period. Find one person on ATS that believes this
11. Thinking that allowing the government to spy on its citizens means Freedom for All
Nobody thinks this
12. Believing that the only way to cure Neo-Conservatism is to allow a public option health care system.
Don't know what to say on this one.
13. Believing that Corporations care about and are working for the best interests of All Americans.
Corporations only care about making money.
14. Believe the banking crisis was started by Obama
Everyone knows the banking crisis started before Obama was in office
15. Believe that republican administration would Never Ever Lie to them
All politicians lie
16. Thinking that there is too much education in America and that Education is fundamentally Wrong!
Duh. Nobody thinks this
17. Thinking that God supports hatred and wars and stupidity.
Ignorant statement. No true believer in God believes this
18. A belief that God put male pages in the capital building for republican personal satisfaction
19. Calling for a Coup and killing our elected officials is what America stands for.
I have not heard about anyone calling for killing elected officials. Voting them out, Yes. Killing, No.
20. Believe that W. honestly and truly cared for them.
Politicians are all the same. They don't care.
These are just to name a few.
If you exhibit any of these symptoms there is hope for you, however if you exhibit 5 or more these symptoms the only cure for you is Obama's health care plan - the one that allows the federal government to assist in your funeral expenses.