It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pollution in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Amazing Pictures, Pollution in China
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4939e137c911.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef412924efa2.jpg[/atsimg]

26. Breathing in large amount of dust into the lungs, people gets sick after working there for 1-2 years. Most of these migrant workers come from area of poverty. April 10, 2005

20. Anhui Province Cihu Chemical Industry District (安徽省慈湖化工园区) built a underground pipe to discharge wastewater into the Yangtze River. The wastewater sometimes is black, gray, dark red, or yellow, wastewater from different chemical factories has different colors. June 18, 2009

No comment from me. I don't want to hear - "That's just a phase of civilization on the road to the city in the sky, yes we kill the planet but this is progress".
This is the road to hell. And for what ? Want to have cruise ships, change cars every year, buy plastic garbage ? This is where everything comes from.

The Story of stuff

"Only after the last tree has been cut down.
Only after the last river has been poisoned.
Only after the last fish has been caught.
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten."

- Cree Indian Prophecy

[edit on 20-11-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Wow there are a heck of a lot of pictures. When you combine the amount of pollution there with the huge population it paints a picture that I can recognize, but not really comprehend.
Why are these people not rioting or something?
Actually nvm I'm not sure how long chinese military forces/police would wait before opening fire..not that long.
SO!!
What can they do about it, I wonder?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

The system - requires them to work. No work - no money, no food. They are trapped. The world stops buying - they pollute less - but have no jobs. Solution - invent a system where they can have access to the basics (food, clothes, some items), for no money - meaning they don't have to just go get any job they find turning the planet into garbage. No money - but some work period in producing those basics. And that work period - would be very short.

See here :
paimei01.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

yes, that would be nice, but we are too far down the road I think.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Well...

Talks on the environment between USA and China happened just recently.
They said that they came to some "agreements".
Great stuff.

What we must remember here is that 700 million Chinese is living in poverty.
The Chinese government in not going to slow its pace in destroying our one and only planet until they have reached "Western living standards".
What we've seen so far in their development is just half way.

This is far from getting better.
It will be so much worse.
This planet will die.

*trying not to think about it too much*

top topics

join