It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Hollywood Proving That People Are Waking Up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Hollywood and media in general have always slightly reflected current events. From the days of the radio when superman fought the KKK or James Bond fighting in the cold war. However in the last 10 years we seem to have seen a really extreme shift. Now they are very focused on current events and more importantly they are focused on the minds of the people. More and more modern films, tv and the newspapers are reflecting what people think. Some of these shows are modern remakes of old ones but with newer messages.

2012 - Film

End of the world mayan prophecy. Not something i believe in but it shows that the general populace is opening up to ideas that once would have been utterly disregarded.

V - Tv series

Ok it's an old tv series but being done in a more modern way. Reptilian aliens come to ear disguised as humans to take over the planet.

Survivors - Tv series

A virus kills nearly everyone on Earth and the story of the last few survivors is told. Again an old show but in the past these old shows were isolated, now they're common.

The Fourth Kind - Film

A story about abductions using real case files from researchers.

Spooks - Tv Series

The newest series sees a group of terrorists holding some very rich people captive and making them confess their crimes live on the internet. A secret cabal is talked about of rich people controlling governments. In a previous series the rich were trying to take over the country using false flag terrorist actions and very interestingly using agents within crowds of protestors to incite violence.

24 - Tv series

Another recent one where a rich cabal of people are able to influence the president of the USA into allowing a terrorist attack for the interests of rich oil people.

That's only a small sample but what about newspapers? In the past reports of ufo's were treated with complete ridicule in mainstream and tabloid newspapers alike. How however the comical overtones are deeply muted.

The Telegraph, a respect UK newspaper

The guardian, another respected newspaper

The independent

Apart from what seems like Hollywood is trawling ATS for ideas and we should all be getting some kind of money from that,
it does appear that people are opening up to these ideas. Are we seeing something that could lead to a stop in the corruption of politics and possibly some kind of disclosure of alien life? I'm not saying i believe in aliens but it is interesting that this is all coming along at once.

Or is this all just wishful thinking?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Wishful thinking IMO.

They are just jumping on the bandwagon in their constant search for a quick buck.

Once the economy recover, I'm sure they will return to the ridiculing days.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The days of ridicule were gone long before this economic crisis. Oh of course the occasional journalist had a poke but once the MOD in the UK started releasing it's files they really started to take it seriously, or at least relise they needed to appear to take it seriously

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I don't think Hollywood can be used as a measure of how awakened the public is. Though Hollywood reflects much of our culture, it panders to our emotions, not our intellect. It makes movies that reflect our fears, hopes, suspicions, and so on, not what we actually think.

Most people who have heard about 2012, for example, know almost nothing about it. To them it's just another end of the world prediction. We get these all the time, so most people ignore them. But Hollywood presents a "what if" scenario, which does kind of play to our fears of an apocalypse.

Same goes for all the other movies. It's emotions, not reason. If Hollywood thought people were getting worked up over demons taking over politicians, they'd make a movie about it.

But end of the world movies are cool, as are huge disaster movies (hurricane, earthquake, asteroids, etc). Movies about government conspiracies are common. So are movies about continued existence after death, demons and angels, ghosts, psychic phenomena, and on and on. I don't think it means anything other than Hollywood thinks it can make money off the idea.

top topics

join