It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intel: Chips in brains will control computers by 2020

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
It might be experimental by 2020, however I highly doubt it will be mainstream by 2020. In any case, it could be a pretty cool thing.

What is more likely, is brain waves controlling processors, but I think that's already been done.

[edit on 21/11/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
They're marketing this as some kind of sunshine-and-lolly-pops, miracle technology that we should all be looking forward to.

I disagree.
[edit on 19-11-2009 by TheAssociate]

Yes... as opposed to marketing products as hellish disease causing things that you wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

If you've noticed, everything that is marketed is marketed as sunshine-and-lolly-pops.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It wouldn't bother me getting a cybernetic heart if I needed it, or a cybernetic limb if it was cut off but I do not want brain implants. Leave me with my brain damage if I get in a wreck, leave me as one of the 'uncool' people who still uses a keyboard and mouse.

I think the tech itself is great, but must it be a brain implant? Can they not create a headset, or a pair of glasses, or something like that, that you can wear and take off, without it being invasive?

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Raverous]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There is another article about it here.

The problem is, what with the way society is at the moment so obsessed with social media ...

oh what are my sad friends saying on facebook today?"
"oh my god Pete just updated his facebook status ... he is in a relationship!"
"let me tweet another useless crap boring idea that I came up with with my 32 IQ score brain"

... the people will beg for these chips so that they can keep up to date with their crap friends online.

Idiots.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
Outside of medical necessity I am against cybernetics being incorporated into the human body. Convenience is not worth this price.

It does seem a logical step to some, but I'll again opt out of the latest gadget myself should this ever actually happen.

I feel like humanity will head towards this no matter what. We are destined to integrate technology into every aspect of our lives. It is our future.

However, I will have to insist that they come out with a detachable headpeice along side their implants. Not many people will jump right into the implant idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join