It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vanity, a Deadly Sin. Cosmetic Industry Global Toxic agenda and Slave network

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well Zazzfrazz

Let us again use common sense. I will take one simple example: Sodium Laureth Sulphate.

The original post says that this ingredient is used an engine degreaser!

Now - have you ever had occasion to use an engine degreaser? Have you ever had occasion to use shampoo? Would you ever try to degrease an engine with hair shampoo?

In fact - shampoo typically contains less than 1 % solutions of Sodium Laureth Sulphate. Typically the first ingredient listed on a shampoo bottle is plain old water. About 70 to 80 % water.

Don't you think it is just a little misleading to compare hair shampoo to engine degreasers? Can your practical life experience not tell you that this is a fear-mongering campaign

Here is a link exposing this campaign and it is linked to the makers of "natural" cosmetic products.

www.personalcarecouncil.org.../ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=867

Tired of Control Freaks.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

Yawn, this is getting incredibly boring, I hope you are paid well for this?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Although I dislike the lobbyists, and do moreso on a regular basis, this whole scenario with the cosmetics industry does not frighten me. There have been many references made to "fear-mongering" and simply others trying to scare people for whatever self serving reason, or corporate- serving- reason, in most cases.

But this does not make me fearful. I think it does make me curious, and perhaps my feeling of entitlement has kicked in as I believe I have a right to know what I'm paying for. (It helps me choose whether or not I want to purchase something). I guess the other word I feel is simply disgust.

Maybe we should be concerned, maybe we shouldn't. But there is only one way to find out.......

Peace out,
liw

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I am not being paid a dime - are you?

Again-I will point to the tone of the original post. No reference to any kind of dosage. Just some very scary sounding comparisons that have no meaning whatsoever!

Tell you what - how about this instead - let me keep buying what ever products I choose and you keep buying whatever products you choose. But the day you call for ever increasing government regulations, that will increase the price of the products I choose to buy and increase government intrusion in my private life - then I think you should be held responsible and accountable.

And when fraud is discovered - I think you should go to jail!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Again-I will point to the tone of the original post. No reference to any kind of dosage. Just some very scary sounding comparisons that have no meaning whatsoever! Tell you what - how about this instead - let me keep buying what ever products I choose and you keep buying whatever products you choose. But the day you call for ever increasing government regulations, that will increase the price of the products I choose to buy and increase government intrusion in my private life - then I think you should be held responsible and accountable. And when fraud is discovered - I think you should go to jail!

so youve just repeated pretty much wthe same thing again and again with no supporting evidence, this is called trolling....

I didn't attribute dosage levels because they dont list them, that is the whole point they are not required to, can I make this point any simpler? shall I draw a picture? will that simplicity help?
I on the other hand have provided many links to resources that show chemical in different products inlcuding the use of nanotechs, human and animal abuses.

Im waiting for your dosage figures on all these product seeings you are contesting that its ok to have them in there un regulated and it takes 35 000 years to absorb to toxic levels

As for telling me to be jailed, that is the best laugh I've had on ATS for ages. so I thank you for it. It scared my dog as I laughed so loud

I prefer researched contributions that move forward from one point, Your ATS posting pattern is pretty much the same 'con' approach behaviour with little or no research. So I wont take your contributions as gospel.

Unless you can provide dosage levels for all these products and prove they are not harmful and absorbed over 35 000 years to become toxic as you claim, you will no longer be responded to.

Whether you want something regulated is not my concern, you've made it clear that you dont, and are happy to accept whatever is placed in these products, I am also entitled to my opinion without being thrown in jail, lmao, still laughing.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Zazzfraz

You are absolutely correct! You are entitled to an opinion! You are entitled to buy whatever products you choose!

However, the information you posted goes alot further than that.

Are you seriously concerned that you may get cancer from using a certain shampoo????

Then hang on to your hat!!! Forget what you are exposed to in cosmetics! Think of the thousands of chemicals in the smoke from a wood burning fire or a candle! Like the new car smell - its comprised of volatile organics being emitted from the fabrics and matts - much of it is carcinogenic. Don't fill up your car with gas - the benzene will get you! And don't forget the formaldehyde from press wood filling up the air in your house. All of these chemicals and carcinogens are present around you every single day and in far far far greater concentrations that what is present in grooming products.

Why in heaven's name would you be concerned about shampoo when the world is filled with chemicals, acids and carcinogens? Kind of like blowing out the candle when the roof is on fire isn't it.

And yet - through it all - we are living healthier longer lives than our parents or any generation before them did!! Huh? How about that!!!

Do you like fear! Do you like the little thrill you get from thinking that you might get cancer from lip gloss!

Who are you or anyone to spread that kind of fear in the population. That kind of hysteria?

The fastest growing health problem we have is related to the increase of allergies and asthma. The increasing rates of these hypersensitive disorders either represents a fundamental shift in human evolution or it represents a massive nocebo effect. The nocebo effect is when people think they are sick even when they are not.

I am now 53 years old - I have used shampoo 2 or 3 times a week with nary a rash or itchy scalp to show for it! I would wager that most of the people reading this post have exactly the same experience.

But somehow - it must still be "proved" that these products are "safe" and yet you don't even apply the same standards to the so-called "natural" products that you promote?

Well here is another little tiny bit of common sense for you. Safe is a negative. It implies no risk. It is impossible to prove a negative. There is an absence of evidence when the thing to be proved is a negative.

Unsafe is a positive. It implies a risk. Risks can be proven because there is physical evidence.

It is therefore impossible for anyone on this planet to prove that something is "safe".

So how about you bring proof that these products are unsafe instead. Because without proof - what you are doing is engaging in a smear campaign and damaging the reputation of hard-working companies. That is why you belong in jail!

Do you really need a PHD before you can think rationally????

So how about if you run to BIG Brother screaming for protection from the killer shampoo - and then wonder what happened to your rights. Remember - a government that is strong enough to give you whatever you want is also strong enough to take everything you have.

But of course - I also have the right to my opinion.

As for me always taking the con - only on this type of fear mongering and propaganda.

I support free speech, the right to peaceful assembly and right of honest citizens to go about their business without undue interference from their government. I am willing to pay my own health care, be accountable and responsible for any risks I undertake, pay reasonable costs to support services of government (ie waste management, roads, infrastructure, defense etc).

In short, I am pro being an adult responsible thinking adult in a mature civilization.
Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks
But somehow - it must still be "proved" that these products are "safe" and yet you don't even apply the same standards to the so-called "natural" products that you promote?

Thank-you very much, I was just about to raise this point yet again - are the manufacturers of these "safe" products going to start labelling with the exact dosage of (random example) cyanide and arsenic included? Of course not, it will terrify people even more than the "regular" cosmetics!

That's no good when there's millions to be made in the "alternative" market.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

I already answered you, page before, I have not differentiated nor promoted organic over tradtional cosmetics. The promotion of organic is nowhere in my posts.I dont care about the competitor industry.
Can I be any clearer?
I have aksed for dosage and chemical content to be fully disclosed and tested ( not on animals). Regardless of manufacturer.
Do I need to repeat my self again?

[edit on 25-11-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

You're not the only person spouting illogical and hypocritical rubbish in this thread (did I mention your alias or reply to your post? No.).

Since you're here, how do you propose to replace the loss of income in second/third-world countries? At least people are earning something to buy food with, with nothing they will suffer even more.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

'Spouting hyprocritcal illogical rubbish'...

When someone runs dry of debate, they simply spout illogcal and hyprocrytical personal attacks.

I'll leave you pro-no regulation junkies in a private chat and you can lather yourself in whatever chemicals and products you like

Yawn bored now.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Thank you very much Zazzafras

Now if we had spoken up loud and hard when public health started their rubbish of being anti-anything that gives pleasure to a body - we wouldn't be in the mess we are in today.

Thinking and rational sense displaces fear and deprives many of a formidable tool for social engineering!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Yawn bored now.

Second time you've said that on this page, not including your signature. Can't even answer my question either?

Guess that just goes to show it was propaganda after all.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I just searched for a post on shampoo ingredients, and found this, so glad I did! I am adding to this because I was stunned to read what is in a 900ML bottle of 24 hour BODY Shapoo. (Top leading brand which I better not mention!).

I would be interested in a breakdown of the ingredients, are these all really necessary? I checked because recently, after switching to this brand, I noticed some itchiness on my scalp. I have no idea what half the ingredients are, after reading this thread I am now glad to find some of them, and shocked that they are types of diesel and even carciogens!

In this bottle, there are a whopping 42 other ingredients after the water (aqua).

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

CherryV

Please take a deep breath and control your fear. You are concerned about toxins in a shampoo that you leave on your skin for a few minutes.

Now read about the naturally occurring chemicals that you routinely eat almost every day of your life without harm.

www.acsh.org...

We are living longer healthier lives than any generation before us....and yet we seek things to be afraid of. If one body shampoo makes you itch - switch to another. Why make a big deal out of nothing.

Tired of Control Freaks.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Actually, I have a suppressed immune system and am highly sensitive to many, many chemicals. And foods. Im certainly not over reacting, why do ALL those extra 42 ingredients need to be in one shampoo. And I have switched to another. It was a comment, and a fair opinion. I grow most of my own veggies. And what I do eat, is carefully sourced, preferably locally. Your post makes me sound neurotic and Im feeling the need to explain myself. The thread was already here, Im adding to it. Its important, you might feel well eating and using all that crap but I dont!

Respectfully.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

cherryV

If there is a reason for your suppressed immune system - then fine. But if there is no reason and you have just been told that your system is suppressed and that you are "sensitive" to chemicals by some naturapath or some such practitioner - then I suspect - that although you may believe it and believe it most sincerely. - you have been scammed. I suspect it because of the language you use in describing your condition.

A suppressed immune system is one in which there is an agent that is actively preventing your immune system from responding the way it should. What is suppressing your immune system?

I don't know if you are comfortable doing so - but if you wish - I would love to hear how you came to the conclusion that your immune system is suppressed and exactly how it was determined that you were "sensitive" to chemicals.

You see - it is actually very difficult to suppress an immune system. It usually happens through some disease process or by some heavy duty drugs taken daily. And your immune system is meant to fight off viruses and bacteria - not chemicals. A suppressed immune system would manifest itself by you being unable to fight off infectous diseases - not chemicals.

If what I suspect about you is true - then you have been rendered a cripple by an unscrupulous scammer. You actually believe that you are "weak" and your body is unable to cope. This is actually a very very serious problem.

Understand that there has been a concentrated and orchestrated campaign to make people afraid of chemicals - for the sole purpose of making money. You say the word "neurotic" and you make it sound like it is unimportant. Understand that a significant portion of the population have been rendered neurotic by propaganda. And whether or its "real" or not - the body will react and it will become real. Some people who have been rendered neurotic by propaganda have also gone on to develop serious psychoses.

You see fear is a very very good motivator. It causes people to donate funds to many organizations who exist for the sole purpose of making you afraid and making you think you are "sensitive" to chemicals. And just exactly what does "sensitive" mean? But since you use the word "sensitive' - you are using the language of the scammed! A suppressed immune system doesn't make you "sensitive" to chemicals. It leaves you unable to fight off bacteria and viruses.

You say you grow your own vegetables. Take a look at the article I posted. See the chemicals and carcinogens that occur naturally in vegetables. match those chemicals to the ones on the shampoo bottle. Cause baby - if you are not sensitive when you eat them - I doubt your sensitivity when you just apply them to your skin for a few minutes.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Please understand, I deliberately chose the words 'suppressed immune system' due to this being a public forum.

I did LOL at your reply! Honestly, I havent been scammed!
it isnt a diagnosis by some quacky doc, you'll have to trust me on that, or U2U me as Im happy to say, just not on here.

I have many allergies now that I didnt have, when you say about not being sensitive to chemicals re immune system, you are so very wrong. It happens a lot. I also want to add, that I am in no way trying to scaremonger people, this shampoo did and I highlight the word 'did' work well for me, as did other products until I became sensitive to them. And by sensitive, I mean, developing sores, weeping cuts, stomach upsets, really sensitivity and not imagination. I do get the impression you work for one of these companies that produce something like I have mentioned.

My beef is, why add so much to it, what part actually gives the hair 24 hour body? That is my question! It's a multi million $ empire and I actually find it a real bind that I cannot keep using some of my most favourite products now.

I will leave it at that, I do understand some people are against chemicals for all sorts of reasons, mine is purely (and maybe selfishly...) because of the allergy side, as i wouldnt have thought twice about it before. And that is honesty for you on my part.

So I do have a really valid reason for being interested in this, it may not affect you directly, or even a worthy percentage of people, but for us it does truly have effect on, it's miserable and a constant search for more natural and expensive products.
edit on 6-9-2011 by CherryV because: ETA

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
CherryV

I will be honest with you as well. I earn not 1 single dime from any corporation or manufacturer of any product. My interest in this subject is purely as an activist against increased government regulation and intrusion in our private lives.

Now you are using different language to describe your ailment. So I take it that you are not "sensitive". You are in fact "allergic". But there must be a specific list of chemicals that you are allergic to because the world is made up of chemicals. Our bodies, our clothes, our food, our environment, the houses we live in, the floors we walk on, the cars we drive, the materials we touch.

What I fail to understand here is that these allergies are the result of a hyper-active immune system - not a suppressed one.

As for the list of chemicals in shampoos etc. - again - I ask you to think logically. Would you honestly spend money to buy chemicals to put them in a shampoo, if they weren't necessary???? Also I am guessing the some chemicals are the result of an interaction between two or more of them.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

With a non suppressed immune system, you might have been sensitive to certain foods or products, that increased once it was supressed. Hyper or lower, it really doesnt make a difference, it is purely based on how your body interprets these chemicals/foods/smells/etc as once it is suppressed, it might start to think 'well, I dont really like this so much' (and that, was from my consultant, explaining it in laymans terms).

I seem to have many nasal/ear problems now. Smells, especially deodrants etc start of a type of enhanced hayfever for me!

I don't fully understand it, I try not to let it rule my life, and I do mostly refer to them as sensitivities, because once you do have an allergy, well thats a nightmare. I suppose I am trying to control it with my mind, I hope that makes sense bacuse I am not particularly eloquent.

I am enjoying this convo, other people I have spoken to, the conversation is much more simplistic and I like to get someone elses point of view, rather than the agree/disagree whole thing.

I'm also of the opinion, I have far more chance of picking up something nasty from Diesel fumes etc, so Im not trying to say any of this is going to kill me off, just trying to find out if it is all really necessary...which back to your question, no, I dont think it all is. I don't think 1 shampoo needs 4 or 5 different fragrances, I also dont see how a shampoo can give your hair more body, unless it is coating your hair in some kind of polymer or something..in which case, why not just gel or mousse it, and save 10 ingredients

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

ok CherryV - Now I get it! By the way - I have a medical and a scientific background.

Your situation is not unique but certainly not common either.

I would suggest that the 4 or 5 ingredients combine to form the signature smell of the product. Fragences are very rarely only one thing. There is a top note, a bottom note and middle note. It surprises me that there is only 4 or 5 ingredients.

Now here is a suggestion for you - Have you ever heard of nasal irrigation (it was showcased on the Oprah Winfrey show). Its the practice of pouring water into one side of your nose and allowing it to exit your nose via the other nostril. It is EXCELLENT for people with allergies as it removes allergens from the nasal sinuses. There are three ways of doing it. one is with a neti pot (looks like a free-flowing teapot), the second is with a plastic bottle - if you examine the bottle closely, there is a tube inside that allows you to squirt the water into your nose. The third way is to buy a machine that is based on a water-pic model (this is the one I use). Of course it is the best way because of the quantity of water used and the mild pressure.

While it might seem that I am against natural remedies, in fact, I am not. I believe in using a conservative approach first in all health issues. In this case, nasal irrigation is the the simplest as it physically removes the allergens but doesn't change your body.

It is very comfortable to do and actually feels really good when it is done. There are salt packets you can buy to add to the water in order to mimic the natural salt content of body fluid. DO NOT USE TABLE SALT. Table salt has chlorine and preservatives that will irritate you. I use two packets to achieve a hyper-saline solution.

This really really works! As a matter of fact, I consider it more effective than typical hayfever or allergy medications.

Tired of Control freaks

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join