It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "The Virus" In Ukraine Coming From Bacteria?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
While I continue to research the symptomology of "The Virus " devastating the Ukraine all roads
are pointing to one of many Bacteria as the source. This is my comparative anaylsis of the
reports coming from the WHO vs. The Health Ministry of Ukraine on why this is not H1N1.

I am not a microbiologist by trade, nor a geneticist. I do not work for the CDC, WHO or any Government agency. Nevertheless, I have conducted my own research into the symptoms

being reported as it relates to the cause of disease at epidemic proportions.

A look at how bacteria plays key role in Ukraine epidemic.

Typically, bacteria known as Pseudomonas is an oportunistic infection that
shows up in HIV patients, severely immunocompromised , or the very debilitated.

1. Pseudomonas: Pseudomonas infections are caused by any of several types of the

gram-negative bacteria Pseudomonas, especially Pseudomonas aeruginosa.

ink:www.merck.com...

Pseudomonas aeruginosa pneumonia may present rarely as a community-acquired pneumonia in an otherwise immunocompetent host. No one antibiotic regimen can be recommended, but combinations of an aminoglycoside plus an antipseudomonal -lactam antibiotic or a fluoroquinolone appear appropriate.

Adjunctive closed chest drainage or open drainage and debridement can help manage empyemas and suppurative complications. We report a case of severe necrotizing P aeruginosa pneumonia in a previously healthy 35-year-old woman.

Pseudomonas aeruginosa is an unusual cause of community-acquired pneumonia and septicemia in immunocompetent adults. Most cases of bacteremic P aeruginosa pneumonia
are acquired in hospitals by immunocompromised patients.

Presenting symptoms of fever, cough, and progressive shortness of breath may lead

physicians to suspect legionnaires disease, Klebsiella pneumoniae pneumonia, or pulmonary tuberculosis.

Pseudomonas infection should be kept in mind, however, and prompt and prolonged therapy

initiated to avoid fatal outcomes. We present the case of an immunocompetent woman with severe necrotizing P aeruginosa pneumonia.

Case Report:

A previously healthy 35-year-old woman presented to the emergency department (ED) with progressive shortness of breath preceded by 8 days of mild productive cough, fever, anterior

chest pain, and night sweats. She had no significant medical history, other than having had a reaction to penicillin, evidenced by a rash.

Pseudomonas aeruginosa is an unusual cause of community-acquired pneumonia and septicemia in immunocompetent adults. Most cases of bacteremic P aeruginosa pneumonia are acquired in hospitals by immunocompromised patients. Presenting symptoms of fever, cough, and progressive shortness of breath may lead physicians to suspect legionnaires disease, Klebsiella pneumoniae pneumonia, or pulmonary tuberculosis. Pseudomonas infection should be kept in mind, however, and prompt and prolonged therapy initiated to avoid fatal outcomes. We present the case of an immunocompetent woman with severe necrotizing P aeruginosa pneumonia.

The pathology report on the lung described acute necrotizing pneumonia with confluent abscesses. Culture of the surgical material grew a few colonies of P aeruginosa that were resistant to levofloxacin (MIC greater than 8) and ciprofloxacin (MIC greater than 4) but sensitive The literature suggests some defined environmental risk factors for P aeruginosa pneumonia, such as home humidifiers and whirlpool baths.[1,2] In our case, a possible risk factor could have been our patient's water aerosol exposure during her work at the greenhouse.

Clinical features of primary community-acquired P aeruginosa pneumonia may mimic those of other severe necrotizing pneumonias, such as legionnaires disease and K pneumoniae pneumonia,[4] so it is important to consider P aeruginosa infection in a patient with a severe septicemic illness associated with lobar consolidation when gram-negative rods are seen on microscopic examination of sputum. In 4 previous reports, P aeruginosa was recovered from blood cultures.[4-6]

Early identification and selection of antipseudomonal therapy using an aminoglycoside, in combination with an antipseudomonal -lactam antibiotic or a fluoroquinolone, are critical to reduce potential mortality from this infection.[6]

In the 9 published cases, the 2 patients who died apparently received gentamicin as the only antipseudomonal antibiotic. Optimal therapy will depend on organism susceptibility. In our case, resistance to levofloxacin developed in vivo in the microorganism.

Despite in vitro sensitivity, a standard dosage of intravenous levofloxacin for P aeruginosa infection (500 mg q24h) may be suboptimal. Our patient responded to a combination of aztreonam and tobramycin. Adjunctive closed chest tube drainage or open drainage and debridement are necessary for management of empyemas and suppurative complications.

www.medscape.com...

Here is the American list of drugs to treat Necrotizing Pseudomonas Pneumonia:

Amoxicillin Amoxil, generic
Ampicillin Omnipen, Principen, Totacillin, generic
Aztreonam Azactam
Benzylpenicillin Bicillin, Permapen
Carbenicillin Geocillin
Cefamandole Mandol
Cefepime Maxipime
Ceftazidime Ceptaz, Fortaz, Tazicef, Tazidime
Cefuroxime axetil Ceftin
Ciprofloxacin Cipro
Clindamycin Cleocin, Clindets
Erythromycin Ery-Tab, generic
Gentamicin Garamycin, generic
Imipenem Primaxin
Levofloxacin Levaquin
Penicillin Generic
Piperacillin Pipracil
Ticarcillin Ticar
Tobramycin Nebcin, generic
Vancomycin Vancocin, Vancoled, generic

www.medscape.com...

My next post will show the list of drugs that were ordered from the Health Ministry of Ukraine and there indications. Along with more pathophysiology of Pseudomonas aeruginosa.

Thanks,

Paxnatus

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Wanted to add this. You will see in next post that the drugs ordered by Ukrainian Ministry of Health are the same as the American drugs I listed.

Necrotizing refers to dying or "eating away of" this would explain the lungs melting away and being described as gel like. Yes this is a form of Hemorrhagic Pneumonia, but is not being caused by H1N1

Here is an article which mentions antibiotics should not be used and do not work, but according to the article i sited earlier, when used in combination with aminoglycisides, antibiotics can be effective. However, if used alone it speeds up the disease.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Pax

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Excellent research and well thought out. Instead of one following the money to find the true source, one can follow the medications prescribed to determine the cause of this illness. S & F for you!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Interesting info here - really good site in reference to what all of our bodies are having to sort out these days -

Ukraine Flu Outbreak Update: Strong Immune Systems Will Survive

Sungazer | Nov 18, 2009 | Comments 0

Hi folks, This is an update on the Ukraine Flu Outbreak about the swine flu understood as a mixture of h1n1 and Parainfluenza. Based on autopsies, we have come to the conclusion: it’s not pneumonia, but cardiopulmonary insufficiency and cardiogenic shock… The virus enters directly into the lungs, there is bleeding… Antibiotics should not be used… Why do we have such a high mortality rate in the country? Because people are going to pharmacies to get medicine instead of going to their doctors to be treated… No it is not pneumonic plague. It’s all nonsense… antibiotics do not help… Those with strong immune systems will survive. People with weak immune systems will succumb to the illness… Face Masks provide 30% extra protection. Wearing glasses gives an additional 10% protection, that is 40%, because the virus penetrates the mucose membranes.

nanotransformation.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
While an interesting theory, I have a hard time believing that any trained physician, Ukranian or otherwise, would fail to recognize a pseudomonas infection. Pseudomonas has a distinct, sickly fruity odor, especially when present in a respiratory infection. This is a classic symptom we use to diagnose and treat such infections (which aren't uncommon in urban settings, even in the United States).

Also, as to the necrotizing comment by the OP: a bit of necrotized lung (even an entire necrotized lung) would not be described as "jelly-like" at all. It is typically hardened and unable to stretch. The "jelly-like" appearance they are talking about is the perfusion (filling/soaking) of the lungs with blood. The hemorrhages being documented in the Ukraine are causing blood to leak out of the capillaries in the lungs (you have over 100 square meters of exposed capillary surface area lining your lungs/alveoli), which then soaks into the lungs and also fills their open volume. This causes a shift in pressure in the lungs, prevents oxygen absorption, and eventually leads to "drowning" due to internal suffocation.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Not sure if this helps your research but I posted a thread this morning on bacteria infected flu products from two manufacturers. The bacteria cause lung degeneration but I am not sure what that would look like, might be connected.

Thread Link Here

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

"Pseudomonas has a distinct, sickly fruity odor, especially when present in a respiratory infection."

I was in contact with the OP when she was doing her research. I do recall the OP mentioning the “odor” from some reports. Actually I think that was one of the “tip offs” that lead her to recognize this particular bacteria.

The OP presented her findings to a small group prior to posting here and abroad. Since April it is very apparent that the WHO and the CDC statements / reports need to be questioned. Anyone who follows the money trail can easily see a conflict of interest and the rabbit whole gets very deep. But that argument should be discussed on another thread.

I know the OP has more information to back her theory. Until I see concrete evidence and I validate from my personal contacts at CDC that this H1N1 strain has mutated / combined or altered into something other I personally will continue to look for alternative answers and not the standard WHO line.

I know the OP will be presenting more information on this theory……………..How this might have been delivered will be interesting.

As for all the possible theories outside the WHO line, this one looks very plausible.

I look forward to seeing the rest of the OP’s theory……

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Hey, Pax, I think you're doing an amazing job at research, however I thought I'd throw my two cents in for what it's worth.

I could be completely and totally wrong....but....I personally doubt that it's pseudomonas. And this is why:

We treat pseudomonas every day in the hospitals here in the US (I've been consulted on many of them because a lot of times, the physicians will ask for pharmacy to dose the antibiotics for them), and although pseudomonas is a serious infection, I've never seen a hemorrhagic pneumonia from pseudomonas in a patient the way it is being described in the Ukraine threads. I don't think it's pseudomonas, because most clinicians recognize pseudomonas quite easily (it's not that uncommon of an infection), and it is also very easy to culture for. The cultures in the Ukraine would have found pseudomonas easily.

Also, pseudomonas usually happens when the patients are in the hospital after a while....it is usually a nosocomial (hospital acquired) infection, not a community infection, whereas most of the people in the Ukraine came into the hospital with their infections.

Anyway, I could be completely wrong, but that's just my gut feeling. I've never seen a patient in the hospital here that has had hemorrhagic pneumonia from pseudomonas.

However, I applaud your effort!! Keep up the good work and research!

edit to add:

It is not that uncommon for them to get blood in the sputum, but that is different than hemorrhagic, liquified lungs, etc... reports that we are hearing from out of the Ukraine.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I haven't seen any official reports stating that what is occuring in the Ukraine is any sort of mutated H1N1 (though I may have just missed the report, to be honest).

What I've seen is that it is a haemorrhagic unfluenza, not necessarily related to H1N1 or H5N1. There are a plethora of flu viruses out there, some haemorrhagic, some not. This just happens to be one that is. It's simply a case of Occam's razor: is it more plausible that this is just another disease that is uncommon enough to catch the medical services off guard, or is it some sort of mutated virus, which would take decades to evolve and would be easily recognized as a mutation?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I still do not buy this is H1N1, if it is I do not believe this is the work of one pathogen. I do believe this illness which causes death is a result of several co-infections.

I did some research on the medications being used in Ukraine to treat this mystery illness and here are my findings. Before I give you my results and opinion I would like to use deductive reasoning to show you how I arrived at my conclusions.

1. Is it H1N1? Does not respond to antivirals and/or has become Tamiflu
resistant.

2. Is it Plague? Antibiotics are used treat Plague. Illness has not responded
to antibiotics.

3. Is it hemorrhagic fever? Yes it causes hemorrhaging, but is its origin
hemorrhagic? Probably not . If it was an antiviral known as Ribivarin
would have been used to treat.

4. Is it bacterial? Maybe, we know that antibiotics alone do not help, but
when used in conjunction with other meds, they have had some success.
5. Is it fungal? Yes, there is a fungal aspect here.

I know that the antifungal Flucanozole has been used to treat cryptococcal meningitis Birds are the carriers of Cryptococci. Their droppings contaminate the soil and get into the water reservoirs. When inhaled they can cause life threatening infection known as Encephalitis meningitis. They can attack the brain or lungs directly.

Here are the drugs used in the Ukraine and their indications:

a. arbidol-antiviral for resistant Influenza

b. amizon-new drug used to treat the mumps.

c. flucanozole-antifungal /aspergillus, treatment of cryptococcal meningitis

d. linezolid-antibiotic/Bacterial pneumonia, MRSA, Drug resist. Tuberculosis

e. extrapenem-antibiotic/ Pseudomonas Aeruginosa (ivanz)

f. levofloxacin-antibiotic/ Lower Respiratory infections

g. clarithromycin-antibiotic/ Respiratory infections (Biaxin)

h. amoksitsylin-antibiotic/ Broad spectrum (Amoxicillin)

i. azithromycin lyophilized-antibiotic/ Community Acquired Pneumonia, accute bacterial Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (zithromax)

j. vancomycin-antibiotic/ Broad spectrum

k. tseftopiprol-antibiotic/ MRSA, Plague

l. doripenem-antibiotic/ Pseudomonas Aeruginosa

m. pipekuroniniyu bromide-steroid/methyl prednisone

n. noradrenaline/Noradrenaline (BAN) (abbreviated NA or NAd) or norepinephrine (INN) (abbreviated norepi or NE) is a catecholamine with dual roles as a hormone and a neurotransmitter.

However, when norepinephrine acts as a drug it will increase blood pressure by its prominent increasing effects on the vascular tone from α-adrenergic receptor activation.

The resulting increase in vascular resistance triggers a compensatory reflex that overcomes its direct stimulatory effects on the heart, called the baroreceptor reflex, which results in a drop in heart rate called reflex bradycardia.

o. dopamir/ (dopamine)-Dopamine can be supplied as a medication that acts on the sympathetic nervous system, producing effects such as increased heart rate and blood pressure.

p. dobutamine-Dobutamine is a sympathomimetic drug used in the treatment of heart failure and cardiogenic shock.

q. dexamethasone-steroid

r. paracetamol/fever and pain reducer (tylenol)

s.amphitericin B-Amphotericin B (Fungilin, Fungizone, Abelcet, AmBisome, Fungisome, Amphocil, Amphotec) is a polyene antifungal drug, often used intravenously for systemic fungal infections.

It was originally extracted from Streptomyces nodosus, a filamentous bacterium, in 1955 at the Squibb Institute for Medical Research from cultures of an undescribed streptomycete isolated from the soil collected in the Orinoco River region of Venezuela. Its name originates from the chemical's amphoteric properties.

Two amphotericins, Amphotericin A and Amphotericin B are known, but only B is used clinically because it is significantly more active in vivo.

One of the main intravenous uses is in treating various systemic fungal infections (e.g. in critically ill, comorbidly infected or immunocompromised patients), including cryptococcal meningitis.

Amphotericin B is also commonly used in tissue culture to prevent fungi from contaminating cell cultures. It is usually sold in a concentrated solution, either on its own or in combination with the antibiotics penicillin and streptomycin.

Side effects

Amphotericin B is well-known for its severe and potentially lethal side effects. Very often a serious acute reaction after the infusion (1 to 3 hours later) is noted consisting of high fever, shaking chills, hypotension, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, headache, dyspnea, and tachypnea, drowsiness, generalised weakness.

This reaction sometimes subsides with later applications of the drug and may in part be due to histamine liberation. An increase in prostaglandin-synthesis may also play a role. This nearly universal febrile response necessitates a critical (and diagnostically difficult) professional determination as to whether the onset of high fever is a novel symptom of a fast-progressing disease, or merely the induced effect of the drug.

In order to decrease the likelihood and severity of the symptoms, initial doses should be low and increased slowly. Acetaminophen, pethidine, diphenhydramine and/or hydrocortisone have all been used to treat or prevent the syndrome, but the prophylactic use of these drugs is often limited by the patient's condition.

Intravenously administered Amphotericin B has also been associated with multiple organ damage in therapeutic doses.

Nephrotoxicity (kidney damage) is a frequently reported side-effect, and can be severe and/or irreversible. It is much milder when delivered via liposomes (AmBisome) if possible.

Electrolyte imbalances (e.g. hypokalemia and hypomagnesemia) may also result. In the liver, increased liver enzymes and hepatotoxicity (up to and including fulminant liver failure) are common.

In the circulatory system, several forms of anemia and other blood dyscrasias (leukopenia, thrombopenia), serious cardiac arrhythmias (including ventricular fibrillation), and even frank cardiac failure have been reported.

Skin reactions, including serious forms, are also possible.

**NOTE: The side effects**

So you see, a lot of medication points away from H1N1 virus alone. More of fungal, or bacterial in nature.

Thanks for your patience,

Pax

ukraineplague.blogspot.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 26-11-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Tanking into consideration the history of the Ukraine with drug resistance TB it comes number 5 in the world, then they are not shy to their fair share of pneumonia plague and been a poor country with a very corrupted system of government and very bad health care conditions you can pretty much imagine what happens when big money takes hold of a viral or bacterial pandemic in the nation.

top topics

join