It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sealed off caves in the mid west

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

sealed off caves in the mid west

I was recently told by someone close to me that a couple they work with was out in the midwest about to months ago to go cave hiking.When the couple got to the area they seen a buch of the entrances sealed off,but 1 wasnt.they decided to take a look in side and at about they found a large stockpile of military weapons inside the cave.they were so frightened by what they say they got out of the area ASAP............

WHy Would there be a mass amout of military weapons hidden in cave systems?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This kinda of worries me i havenet stopped thinking about it since i was told.What could they possibly be planning where they have to hide weapons in caves and seal them off.i feel something major in the wind!!!The powers that be have something planned any ideas what it could be?IS THIS MARSHALL LAW BE DONE BEHIND THE SCENES?

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It could be a hiding place where a local militia is stockpiling weapons, or it could be a cache of stolen, aka 'hot', merchandise. Either way, it's a good thing that your friends got out of there before they were seen.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
where's the link to the article?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
the mexcian cartel and other gangs are using our national forests to grow drugs, wouldnt be too far off base that they are hiding weapons there as well.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Truthmovement0615

Welcome to ATS!

You will enjoy it here, there is a wealth of knowledge and intelligent conversation, but I'm afraid that when you start a new thread you'll have to give us a little more than this.

I was recently told by someone close to me that a couple they work with was out in the midwest about to months ago to go cave hiking.When the couple got to the area they seen a buch of the entrances sealed off,but 1 wasnt.they decided to take a look in side and at about they found a large stockpile of military weapons inside the cave.they were so frightened by what they say they got out of the area ASAP............

WHy Would there be a mass amout of military weapons hidden in cave systems?

Is this a STORY that was told to you by some friends? If so you should not be using the news tags, and should relay some more details about the location, weapons etc. Did your friends notify any authority?

If this is a NEWS ARTICLE which I doubt based on the grammatical and spelling errors, it should be accompanied with the link to the story.

Can you elaborate for us?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
the military wouldnt just hide weapons in a cave where hikers could stumble upoon them. your friends should repoport this to the police

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Best leave that one alone, many of the cave systems could be hiding places for militia. Best to stay out and forget what you saw.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I grew up in Kansas City & worked in some of the caves myself. I'd heard a lot of urban legends about some of them including one about a stash of military vehicles. Me & some friends went to several caves & found nothing but graffiti, mattresses & bottles. Most are sealed off at a certain point because you can get lost very easily in those things & a pitch black darkness you never want to experience twice. Could be anything stashed in them & they're very secluded.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Where is the article? Some caves are sealed off to protect the bats and other wildlife that inhabit them. IF i found a stash of weapons in a cave I would be driving home with everything I could carry!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
When you said the caves were "sealed off" I took it to mean they were inaccessible. I guess I was wrong since your friends somehow got in to see the weapons stash.

How exactly were they sealed off? Or were they just camouflaged somehow?

If the story is true, it is highly unlikely that your regular military is using random caves to store their stuff. The weapons would surely belong to some other group like a secretive counter insurgency/gorilla/ or militia type org. -- one that is not registered anywhere to boot.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Best leave that one alone, many of the cave systems could be hiding places for militia. Best to stay out and forget what you saw.

I can only HOPE that they are for militia's. I can only hope!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
During WW2 the US did store an abundance of gear in caves. There was alot of stuff that has been hidden away that is occasionally found. That could be case here. It could be some "militia" or something else entirely. I agree with the others- you should report it. If not the Sheriff- report it to the Feds or if it is Military ordinance let them know and they will come and get it. In this day and age it would be better than to have something fall into the wrong hands.

join