It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fried Rice Help

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
So, if you really really want fried rice and don't want to wait a day for it, throw it in the freezer for about a half hour (maybe a little longer) and stir about every 10 mins until it's not so soft/hot.
Have some oil or butter heated in a skillet put the rice on and go to town with your seasonings, veggies, etc.

I like to mix a little soy sauce, salt and pepper, and some cream into the egg, beat it and cook ahead of time instead of trying to mess around in the pan with raw ingredients... same with the veggies/meat
A delicious addition to fried rice that really makes it taste great is toasted sesame oil. Just use to your liking (test it) because sometimes the flavor can be overpowering if you use too much.

Using rice vinegar, sake, and mirin is very common in Japan and can be found at most groceries now.

Here's something from an interesting YT channel, she has authentic recipes and some look amazing
It's not fried rice, but is an easy rice dish you might enjoy! Goodluck!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Well the trick is that you cook the rice a day before cooking and freeze it(Or two hours in the freezer if you're in a rush lol) If you don't do this the starch will leech out and that is what makes it sticky

Hopes this helps and good luck

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator

OMG that looks amazing and I am gonna try it. When I was young my parents used to go to this place that served these amazing beef bowls and I hope this turns out like that.....thanks for posting that! Sheesh this thread is old hehehe but still very interesting!

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join