It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Poll: Palin Going (Not So) Rogue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Seems like Sarah is on the rise. According to the latest FOX News poll, Sarah Palins ratings are higher than Pelosi's. Sarah has a 47% Favorable Rating compared to Pelosi's sad 28%. Yikes!

Before some of you go Bakersfield Chimp on me just because it is a FOX News poll, it was comducted by the well respected polling firm Opinion Dynamics.

As Sarah Palin blankets the media on a whirlwind book promotion tour, the former vice-presidential contender is clearly back on America's radar screen. Despite being characterized by many as a divisive force in her party and the nation, Americans are much more likely to give Palin a positive rating (47 percent favorable) than another prominent female leader -- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (28 percent favorable). Moreover, about six in 10 Americans (61 percent) think Palin has been treated unfairly by the press, according to the latest Fox News poll.

The national telephone poll was conducted for Fox News by Opinion Dynamics Corp. among 900 registered voters from Nov. 17 to Nov. 18, 2009. For the total sample, the poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Source - FOX News - Fair, Balanced, and UnAfraid!

[edit on 19-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

In all seriousness pelosi only has to win the district she campaigns in. Palin has to win the country.

Not sure these two are compatible.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Well you make a good point and I did not really view it like that. I viewed it more as comparing two nationally known political figures. Actually the latest polls only have Obama at 48% favorable and going down, while Palin is going up. Could be interesting come 2012.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

This seems like a better comparison. Obama is winning by 1%? We've got three years though, and this is all too early to speculate on 2012.

They msm sold obama last year, now they're selling palin. Shop around my friend there might be a better deal out there.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Yeah you are right. It is too early to tell who will be the best candidate for 2012. I think it is just interesting how she has clawed her way back into a challengng position in the game.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Sarahs favorable rating will continue to rise as her book tour
continues. She did great on The Factor with Bill O'Reilly.

She looks great in red.
It's sort of like a power tie.
It has to be red.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

It reminds me a little of what happened to Hillary once upon a time. The GOP was able to run her approval ratings down to around 40% even as late as the spring of '08, but after a while, they ran out of new material, the attacks got old and tired, and Hillary was able to rehabilitate her image and now has the highest approval rating of anyone in this administration.

The Democrats dismiss Palin at their own peril. Political fortunes change quickly enough, but the current conditions add even more volatility than usual. The situation is ripe for a populist 'everyman'...or in this case...woman...to rise as a major force in American politics and ironically, the left's portrayals of Palin as an uneducated hick may actually help her as time passes. The more they use that line of attack, not only does it endear her to the common working class citizen, but by proxy, the attacks are actually an insult to everyone with a similar educational background or with similar life experiences. This is precisely why she has such a devoted following among the common man and its also potentially where the Democrats are making a serious error in their attacks. If she can continue to tap into that and grow her support with that large group of disaffected citizens, she could have the last laugh once all is said and done.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

A star for you. Great post and interesting analysis. All I know is that something about her drives the part of the Liberal faction in this country that are know-it-alls crazier than an outhouse rat.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Well of course Palin is going to poll higher than Pelosi in a general poll. Palin is hot. No brains, but hot. Pelosi is all brains.

Palin is being objectified as a sex object. Living in a sexist society, people tend to judge a woman solely on her looks. She has Pelosi beat on that score.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

the left's portrayals of Palin as an uneducated hick may actually help her as time passes. The more they use that line of attack, not only does it endear her to the common working class citizen, but by proxy, the attacks are actually an insult to everyone with a similar educational background or with similar life experiences.

thats why people go after Palin - this notion of the us and them is what disgusted the public in the first go. "REAL AMERICA" is what frightened the middle of the round person.

With her own words she tried very hard to define this nation as two groups, not just politically but culturally. I don't think enough people want to define America as her actress, Palin playing Palin routine. When people hear her rhetoric,which is completely contrary to her image, she comes across like the ultimate feminine manipulator.
I heard this from more than a few ladies back when;

Some ladies do not like "her type", I think they will equate her with a past acquaintance backstabber, taunter, power tripping boss, a ditto etc...

There will be a competition with her at the ballot, because she uses the wrong brand of sugar - similar to the popular girl in a typical highschool who has twenty times more enemies than friends, based upon "women stuff" men don't get.

"secretly ol girl thinks Palin is a bimbo. Not to mention that the hubby has the hots for her and does not hide it well."

The range of expression is very narrow, always at one level all the time. That appeals to some, but I think to many it appears like a front
protecting a rather ruthless side. Hyper ambitious women are not viewed the same way as men by other women or men.

Believe it, the ladies will keep palin out

Out house rat

and Kleptovich 2012!

My opinion, based on some travels

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Janky Red]

top topics

join