It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad science? Growing meat without animals

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Mad science? Growing meat without animals

www.msnbc.msn.com

"In Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson's epic sci-fi satire "Transmetropolitan," supermarkets and fast food joints sell dolphin, manatee, whale, baby seal, monkey and reindeer, while the Long Pig franchise sells "cloned human meat at prices you like."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I did a search and did not see this article. Hope I just didn't overlook it. I am looking forward to an ethical debate on the segment of the article I quoted. How do you feel about eating meat from a dolphin, manatee, whale, monkey or even a human that did not involve killing? This is certainly going to open a a huge gray area in the future.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-11-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i wont eat meat from an uncloned animal now, why would iw ant to eat soem genetic abomonation in teh future?
ill pass.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

I agree. I am not fond of genetically modified food myself. I am more interested in whether or not you think it is alright for someone to eat those foods if they did not involve killing an animal.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

I love meat. I would eat meat from just about any animal, no matter how it was made. That would be kind of fun to have a tasty bite of BBQ human if it didn't involve killing anybody. It would be a novelty like eating bugered flavored candy.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Why would they clone human meat? That's bizarre and what if it led to some insane person wanting the real thing?

The idea of cloned meat does not appeal to me at all.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

That makes sense. There is always the novelty crowd looking to try something new and different.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by elaine

That same idea crossed my mind. How many people would taste lab grown human flesh and wonder how it compares?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by elaine

There are already insane people who want to eat real human flesh. Maybe it would keep them from killing to get it if they could just go down to the local market and get a pack of cloned human lunchmeat.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

You have a point Hotsauce!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by elaine

Remember the guy who let another guy he met on the internet eat him alive. That was nuts. No pun intended.. well maybe a little bit

[edit on 19-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

How many people would eat imitation human meat, and wonder how it compares to the real thing? I know that I like to compare imitation food items with the real thing.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
If they would clone human flesh then why not try it? It's not really harvested from a real dead person so why not, I for one would. I bet we taste like pork.

Also I have heard about this about 7 years ago, I wonder how close they are to making it reality. At that time they were able to clone the meat but it had the consistency of almost jelly. The problem is that the meat was not being exercised.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Phlegmi]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Well if it was cloned wouldn't it taste exactly the same? I guess if was made in a lab, it might be more tender like veal or something.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

That's a valid point you have made. It's there and nothing died to produce it.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

That's just it. You wouldn't know how it compared unless you tried both.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm not that much on the cloned meat thing, it would take so much away from the flavor of murded meat.

Is it legal to clone your self, I don't mean for eating, but for like spare parts?
I ask my Dentist about tooth budding, he didn't know what I was talking about, and he calls himself a Doctor.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Well maybe. I guess if you got curious you could chop off some of your own flesh, cook it up, and give it a go.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

There's a solution, but if you are that curious, why would you wait for cloned meat?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

I don't know that I'd even eat gm anything, so long as I have the choice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join