It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dont buy fur from china

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Well, if you're classing your country as being the UK and not scotland, then here's a youtube video of it happening..

www.youtube.com...

I watched that video to the end but had to force myself to watch it because unlike dogs and cats I enjoy eating the products of this trade. It seemed the least I could do.

I know the meat trade is bloody and mistakes are made but this video is shocking to me on so many levels my fingers keep hitting the wrong keys.
For the first time in a long time I am actually at a loss for response to this video and I am left with a deflated feeling, almost a feeling of being an accessory to a crime... Not a nice feeling at all!

To say this slaughter is a necessary evil would be to lump me in with the dog eaters and to say I am going to become a vegetarian would make my a liar and a hypocrite because though the video was disgusting to watch I enjoy eating meat and could never envisage a time where I stopped eating meat. I do not thank you for posting that video but I do appreciate a further opening of my eyes and you did that like a brick through my window.

By the way I do not class England as my country even though I served England in my youth as a soldier for the queen, my eyes are open now.

I am a Scot till my death!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

If you're going to be consistent, be vegan.

Why?
Why does everything have to be perfect or not at all? That's not how life works. My personal belief is, if you cannot do everything, do what you CAN do.

(TWIMC, I don't eat meat or gelatinous products, don't wear fur or bone jewelry; I also boycott a few nations that have been committing heinous crimes against animals. But I do use leather when it cannot be avoided, and very often it really cannot be avoided. And BTW, leather is a byproduct, not the primary cause for the killing of those animals. But my main point is what I said above.)

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle: edited typos]

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

<< 1  2  3   >>

join