It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help proving global warming is false

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Wasn't sure where to post this but this seemed like the best place. I hear plenty of people talking abut how global warming being man made is a sham. How could I present this to my wife as we always have the same argument about it?

If it helps, she is a biologist and I personally think it is just th earth doing what it does naturally.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Try this link.
schnittshow.com...
One of the most extensive de-bunking collections of information that proves that (man made) global warming is a lie.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Global warming: Myth or not.
Either way, I think it's important to recycle, and think green.

I was really intrigued by the ideas presented in "An Inconvenient Truth".

But as you do research, you can see that there are points on both sides of the arguement. There is plenty of evidence that the planet goes through cycles.

I particulary like the idea that like fallout shelters in the 50's, eco-friendly products are a new marketing scheme. I wonder how many fallout shelters were paid for and still exist today?
Better yet, I wonder if we will look back in 40 years and ask " What was that Hybrid car hullaboo about?"
Its a good list, on the link you posted.
Star and flag

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Recycling, efficiency (within reason), all good in my book. We need to advance as a civilization and we need to start somewhere if we want real flying cars before the sun dies.

General efficiency and reduction of waste.

Corporate/Government Taxation/Fascism and Jack-Booted Craziness

[edit on 19-11-2009 by SyphonX]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
How about instead of "setting out to prove" to your wife it's a sham, you try to...I don't know...take an objective position first, examine BOTH sides of the argument and then decide FOR YOURSELF if it is or not?

I mean really, you pretty much admit you don't know anything about it - you're going by "I hear plenty of people talking abut how global warming being man made is a sham" so that's enough for you eh? You're ready to start campaigning...

And the propagation of ignorance on ATS just continues...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't think there is any doubt -- at least for me -- that global warming is happening for most of at least the inner solar system planets, including this one.

When it comes to AGW or attributing a human causation to global warming, three things occur to me:

1) I believe that the majority of humanity mistreats the Earth, pollutes it, and I also believe that, aside from cows, humans are the only creatures who casually crap it their own nest.

2) I don't believe humanity is the primary contributory factor in the Earth's warming. I think the most of it is cyclical. I hate to talk about it that way, as I think it almost sounds as if I'm condoning our mistreatment of our HOME.

3) I believe that various political pundits are poised to make a crapload of money, exploiting our fears about the end of the world via climate change. I think the cap & trade is a farce, trading imaginary things of value for other imaginary things of value. I think it's a lot like dipping from the deep end of a pool and pouring that into the shallow end in an effort to balance the water level. Not only will these pundits make a crapload of money (IMO), but we, the little people of no choice nor valid representation will pay for it. Perfect timing. It's like kicking a sick dog and characterizing it as being for the good of the dog population.

Yes, that's an extreme and emotionally-charged analogy. I think we could ALL do a LOT to change the way power is being used and wasted. I think we could do even more to slow down the wasting of our resources. I think those are noble pursuits, but for the love of God, don't call it "green", because that term has been perverted. It used to stand for something personally and globally good. Anymore, it's just a junk-drawer catchphrase to sell some clucked-up marketing scheme to the populace.

Case in point: I'm in the throes of installing a 1200W PV system. It was expensive. Unlike most of the rest of the world, I get zero tax credits, incentives, nada. It's a risk. Some folks chide us and say we should all go "green" and get solar/wind power. Listen, when it is cost-effective and efficient, we won't need to be tricked or guilted into doing it; We will FLOCK to it.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I agree with the above member who suggested you approach the question from both sides, and truly test out the theories posed. I haven't by any means made up my mind; I can only say that my research into the question has slanted my opinion in one direction. Here's some thought fodder from both sides, and this below is just the ...... ummm..... tip of the iceberg, as it were.

The UN's Climate Change Hoax

The Money and Connections behind Al Gore's Climate Crusade

Satellites show an overall increase in arctic ice

Ricky Rood's Climate Change Blog at Wunderground

Ben Santer's lecture - How do we know that human activities have influenced global climate?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

you have summed up my position as well. We need alternative fuels, who cares why.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
found an interering article on the subject, hope you find it interesting too:
Hackers Prove Global Warming Is A Scam
Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanks to hackers (or an insider) who broke into The University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit (CRU) and downloaded 156 megaybytes of data including extremely damaging emails, we now know that data supporting the global warming thesis was completely fabricated.

Inquiring minds are reading Hacked: Hadley CRU FOI2009 Files on The Reference Frame by Luboš Motl, a physicist from the Czech Republic.

more links and info in the asrticle in the link.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by mushibrain]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mushibrain

That is not an article - it is a blog from a "registered investment advisor representative" - hardly the authority to announce something "proves" all of global warming is a fraud.

Like I mentioned in another thread - just because you expose someone running a fake children's charity - does that all of a sudden mean there's no starving kids in Africa?

In any case there's already a raging thread on this topic here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
just do some basic research. type in google man made climate change and look at the results if that dosent convince you then i am sure the planet will some years from now.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
your points taken, thanks for corrections.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Totally with you...GW or not we are such a wasteful culture as humans...disgusting

I am sick of people tossing their cigs out the window...I have yet to hear someone defend themselves that doing so is a good idea

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

I agree with you Kyo, and I'm a smoker. It used to drive my sweetheart nuts (until I took over doing the laundry)..... I field-strip the cigs and roll the butts up in my pockets. I HATE seeing butts all over the place.

hmmmm. That's not something you people often say.

We live across the road from an ironshore beach. I pick about 500 yards of it once a week, and usually gather at least two construction garbage bags of drifted up crap. I think a lot of it comes from cruise ships and passing oil tankers -- lots of plastic, medical waste sometimes, shoes, plastic containers, styrofoam, glass, food cans, etc.

I think about it sometimes -- we are an island 12 teensy miles long. Imagine all that that goes past us to drift up on other shores.

[some] People and [some of] their ways disgust me.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
being honest in science and littering waste are two different things. I'd love to stop burning oil, but it's wrong to make up a scary story about GW (if indeed it's nothing but a fiction) to persuade people to switch to solar, geothermal and so on. Any form of deception or questionable means to achieve a goal (no matter how good it is) usually backfires later on.

However I don't think anyone would disagree that chucking rubbish is bad. oh wait, no. I heard folk saying that by throwing rubbish everywhere they creating jobs
. it is true, they do create jobs, but IMO those jobs would be much better deployed more efficiently.

Speaking of rubbish and the jobs. The cash for clunkers program, which is rolled out in many countries, does exactly the same thing - it encourages people to create more rubbish so that some jobs could be created/maintained. wouldn't it be more effective to just give workers money for sitting on their hands. This way it's only half of the waste.

new topics

top topics

join