It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Senate Health Care Bill Cost: 27,387 per person!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
you must not have noted the fact that those were just some numbers.... it was in truth sarcasm.... the point was anyone can just take a set bunch of numbers and multiply or divide.... What you wont see in those equations are the Increase in the amount of the poor over the next 10 years ...

www.euronews.net...

i dont see it getting better....

It also doesnt show the cost of the increased amount of hospital visits due to the fact that people have healthcare they didnt before

Look you can do math we know... but your not taking into account variables..... now if you had some x's and y's youd be looking better

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Funny thing the study they are talking about was done on Patients that filed bankruptcy.... 60 percent of bankruptcy in PATIENTS is attributed to medical expenses

see here

www.cnn.com...

Another harvard taught Physician from the same organization that the doctor in your link founded.... was the one to conduct the study ... lets dissect quotes

""That was actually the predominant problem in patients in our study -- 78 percent of them had health insurance, but many of them were bankrupted anyway because there were gaps in their coverage like co-payments and deductibles and uncovered services," says Woolhandler"

as well a non partisan research company said the numbers cant be accurate

"However, Peter Cunningham, Ph.D., a senior fellow at the Center for Studying Health System Change, a nonpartisan policy research organization in Washington, D.C., isn't completely convinced. He says it's often hard to tell in which cases medical bills add to the bleak financial picture without being directly responsible for the bankruptcies.
"I'm not sure that it is correct to say that medical problems were the direct cause of all of these bankruptcies," he says. "In most of these cases, it's going to be medical expenses and other things, other debt that is accumulating.""

[edit on 19-11-2009 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
reply to post by Janky Red

no i forgot to include that you arbitrarily come up with equations when they aren't supported by evidence

I don't think you really care about evidence... However it is evident that the private industry is profiting just fine and NOT passing along savings to consumers.

If you would like I can provide EVIDENCE to the current inflationary model and watch as it compounds over the next 50 years.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
$27,387 per person is insanity, a Senate gone wild and where is the

accountability when the Senate thinks money grows on trees. One up on

everyone the Treasury is printing money faster then money growing on

trees. Can you say hyperinflation is coming to a store near you in the U.S.A.

^Y^

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Yes you arbitrarily make equations and call them fact... refer to my above postings

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

"I'm not sure that it is correct to say that medical problems were the direct cause of all of these bankruptcies," he says. "In most of these cases, it's going to be medical expenses and other things, other debt that is accumulating.""

[edit on 19-11-2009 by conspiracyrus]

Thats fine, when it boils down to it here is where we are at - It has happened to my family. Thru the journey we have met MANY families that were financially destroyed by
cancer. Lost it ALL, a whole lifes work to pay for bills incurred by a random disease.
I don't think it is right, if it does not bug you, it does not bug you. I support measures
that will eliminate some of the practices that contribute to these bankruptcies.

I think healthcare is a very poor area for a society to practice social Darwinism -
I would rather pay for my use of cops and fire department, considering I pay for them
and has NEVER utilized either.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

My favorite thing about the healthcare debate:

The same people who are now screaming about the Stupak Amendment as an 'infringement' on their rights and the government 'coming in between' decisions that should be between them and their doctor- where the same people who never raised an eyebrow when Obama talked about replacing a pacemaker with a pain-pill or the attacks during the joint session on the decision making capability of medical professionals, and who can forget the fact that the whole "cost saving" premise since day-1 of this reform has been the government coming between decisions it finds 'wasteful.'

I was unaware that abortion was the sole medical choice between a person and her doctor. I was under the silly impression that all medical procedures and decisions were awarded the same respect. +1 for major hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
$27,387 per person is insanity, a Senate gone wild and where is the

accountability when the Senate thinks money grows on trees. One up on

everyone the Treasury is printing money faster then money growing on

trees. Can you say hyperinflation is coming to a store near you in the U.S.A.

^Y^

It would be $2,738.70 per year if the 31 million participants paid for it.

Or $37ish a month if the entire population (less the 31 million to be covered) paid for it.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Yes you arbitrarily make equations and call them fact... refer to my above postings

Who's calling them facts? I have always stated my equations represent the information
I have, which does not account for inflation or the likes. However it does provide a clear picture based upon current trends. At the end of the day you don't really care about the financial implications of HC on this country or you would SEE that the trend is OUT OF CONTROL, before having to do any math you would GET IT.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

and of course you can provide your equations and your postulations about trends that you are speculating on without providing any real economical facts that's fine. Just don't try and pass it off as if you' calculated the the amount of job loss and the amount of inflation of our currency or the rise in hospital visits... because that doesn't concern you, you just want to rattle off numbers to make yourself look more intelligent than you really are

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

and of course you can provide your equations and your postulations about trends that you are speculating on without providing any real economical facts that's fine. Just don't try and pass it off as if you' calculated the the amount of job loss and the amount of inflation of our currency or the rise in hospital visits... because that doesn't concern you, you just want to rattle off numbers to make yourself look more intelligent than you really are

No you got the equation wrong - you are acting dumber than you really are.
I never calculated job loss, monetary inflation or "rise in hospital visits".

But the fact remains that YOU don't know the impact on jobs.

Inflation would make the private sector healthcare MORE expensive - thanks

And typically a RISE in any business decreases cost because there is MORE competition
creating a demand for lower cost services with a larger market share being the reward for lower costs. Private entities will have to streamline to meet demand and competition .
Anyhow I thought you do not have health insurance?

If that is correct hopefully your state will opt out and you don't land some serious condition. I think your blind eye to the HC problem in America is because you have not yet faced it, I hope you can remain in your current state of IGNORance for years to come. It is sad that you do not equate this issue with living AMERICANS

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

thats my point you dont take into account economical factors... you dont get it its ok leave it alone

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join