It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to the very scary end of the world scenario posted by Aussie Bloke???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I was watching the news today and they were showing the awesome meteor shower in Utah last night. I then remembered the postings by Aussie Bloke who said that we (the Planet) were flying into a dark cloud of space debris and meteors and stuff and it would bring about the end of the world. It was that exact thread that brought me to ATS. Is it just me or has there been an increase of meteor shower events lately???? We had one about a month ago where a piece of a meteor ended up in a windshield of a car not too far from where I live. What If this guy was actually right?? I'm not much on watching the skies but If a cloud of dark space debris is on the horizon and it can only be seen from the southern hemisphere like he claims how are we supposed to see it?? Would it generate any heat that can be picked up?? I do not know, and maybe this is cyclic and has something to do with the mayan calendar If it means anything at all. I am posting this hoping to: find out what has happened with the aussie bloke thread and If it was a hoax AND to see If there has been an actual increase in meteor activity lately. I am hoping to enegage in some good dialogue about this threat and see If it has any merit.......................

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARNOMANNN
I was watching the news today and they were showing the awesome meteor shower in Utah last night. I then remembered the postings by Aussie Bloke who said that we (the Planet) were flying into a dark cloud of space debris and meteors and stuff and it would bring about the end of the world. It was that exact thread that brought me to ATS. Is it just me or has there been an increase of meteor shower events lately???? We had one about a month ago where a piece of a meteor ended up in a windshield of a car not too far from where I live. What If this guy was actually right?? I'm not much on watching the skies but If a cloud of dark space debris is on the horizon and it can only be seen from the southern hemisphere like he claims how are we supposed to see it?? Would it generate any heat that can be picked up?? I do not know, and maybe this is cyclic and has something to do with the mayan calendar If it means anything at all. I am posting this hoping to: find out what has happened with the aussie bloke thread and If it was a hoax AND to see If there has been an actual increase in meteor activity lately. I am hoping to enegage in some good dialogue about this threat and see If it has any merit.......................

If you go to the Star of Bethlehem site at www.bethlehemstar.net... and read a bit, you will soon realize that the clockwork rotation of the planets/stars were predetermined when the worlds were made. The astonomical events that accompanied the birth of Jesus and His death were timed to meet the events with amazing precision.

Astonomical events that preceed His second arrival were also pre-programmed into the rotations and passage of our planet through space/time.

Luke 21:25-28 "And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and upon the earth distress of nations in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, 26 men fainting with fear and with foreboding of what is coming on the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."

If you believe in the Lord who became Jesus and Christ who died and came back to life...
...then your redemption is near by...
...if you don't, you have a big problem.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well, this isn't what I had in mind when I said to engage in some good dialogue about this. I know there is alot of stuff out there about end times prophecies and all that jazz from the bible, but I just wanted to know more about the thread that was posted by Aussie Bloke and If what he said has any reality to it. I know all about the end times prophecies and frankly I didn't really post this to talk about that.....................

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I agree Arno, let's keep on task. I'm sorry to say that I don't know the Aussie guy or the thread to which you refer. I am here to tell you that every fall, we enter the Leonid meteor shower and we, at the least, get a bit of a light show. There does feel like there has been more meteor activity that has made it into our atmosphere this year, but, according to my count, which may or may not be accurate, there has been only three.
1.) The one that crashed in the Canadian Praries two or three months ago.
2.) The one that streaked across the sky that was visible from Ontario to New York, perhaps beyond.
3.) The Utah one a couple nights ago. (Which I thought provided the most amazing footage.

Of course I'm discounting the fake one from Latvia or wherever that was.

A good site for spacenews that will send you email reports is spaceweather.com.

Keep your eyes on the skies!
Brian

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

there is footage of the utah one?

where at? sorry that it is a bit off topic, but i heard about it and wanted to see but figured no one got to it in time.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm not sure where. I seen it this morning on the local news. Nice avatars you guys. Gotta get me one!!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

If you believe in the Lord who became Jesus and Christ who died and came back to life...

That's the attitude. Put your life in the hands of a zombie. I can counter by saying: "If you believe in the lord who became jesus christ who dies and came back to life you have a big problem

[edit on 19-11-2009 by aorAki]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
There hasn't been any increase in the number of fireballs, only perhaps an increase in media coverage of them.

They are not really all that uncommon.
www.amsmeteors.org...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ARNOMANNN

Whatever happened to the very scary end of the world scenario posted by Aussie Bloke???

Hmmm, that name appears to have had some problems, I was able to find AussieBlokeisFRAUD. Now this Aussie Bloke posted several times to the thread.

Very Scary End of the World Article

Opened 05-17-2004 by ScoFe This appears to be the thread you are refering to. The opening post was edited 07-06-2004 by site Administrator and ATS Tech Guy SkepticOverlord, It would seem that this may have been a part of a HOAX, however it has not been officially branded as such.

According to recent information posted by an ATS user operating under the name, Satariel, the information about a giant cloud with comets headed toward the earth was an elaborate hoax played upon several websites in the conspiracy community.

The age of the original post may or may not have impacted an official branding. I recommend you take a look at the updates to the opening post before proceeding. It is certainly interesting to say the least and whatever call was made five years ago may prove to be wrong, but I am going to spend some time on the original thread before throwing in my 2 cents.

[edit on 11/19/2009 by AlienChaser]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Talking about the Aussie Bloke thread thing here...
Leave the religulous guy alone

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ARNOMANNN

Is it just me or has there been an increase of meteor shower events lately????

I picked that quote from your OP, but I don't want you to think that that's all that I got from it. I think you have other good points.

In regard to the quote above, I would make a differentiation between meteor showers and meteorites. My opinion is that meteor showers have not increased -- most of them are regularly anticipated annual events, such as the recent Leonids.

There are times when the Earth "rolls" into the particles dead-on, and the resultant showers are more profound, such as in '98. This year and last year, the Earth moved into a segment of the particles that are there.

There may have been an increase in singular meteorites, but I would bet that only our awareness of them has increased. Did I care about a fireball lighting the sky 20 years ago? Well, yes, I would've been thrilled to see such a thing even then, but I don't know that I would've cared much about a story of same that declared a fireball lit up somewhere briefly.

Good questions. If there is or has been an increase in meteor showers I would want to know about it. There would likely be potentially valuable information there.

cheers!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

Thanks dude!!!...or dudette!!!

I searched it as well and got the same stuff. It was a HUGE thread and I believe had over 100 pages, I could be wrong on that. It generated alot of attention. It even got Steve Quayle involved. He had posted all kinds of stuff about this thread and quickly took it down once it was reported to be a hoax. It was very scary indeed. I remember looking up in the beautiful blue sky in my backyard wondering If this was really going to happen?? Alot of interesting information was generated by this thread. I was going to U2U Skepticoverlord and see If he could shed some light on this without going through a great big hassle

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks....Must be slow on the news front I guess.....

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by aorAki

Talking about the Aussie Bloke thread thing here...
Leave the religulous guy alone

Yeah sorry....I realised it was as inappropriate as her comment and should have let it be...didn't mean to derail...as you were

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
there are a few security cam shots of the Utah event
start here
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
There have been more meteor reports in the media lately.....

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

If you go to the Star of Bethlehem site at www.bethlehemstar.net... and read a bit, you will soon realize that the clockwork rotation of the planets/stars were predetermined when the worlds were made. The astonomical events that accompanied the birth of Jesus and His death were timed to meet the events with amazing precision.

Astonomical events that preceed His second arrival were also pre-programmed into the rotations and passage of our planet through space/time.

Luke 21:25-28 "And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and upon the earth distress of nations in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, 26 men fainting with fear and with foreboding of what is coming on the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."

Golly gee willikers! Ya'll think only Jesus followers are goin' up yon'? Gee whiz, I thought it was good and righteous people who will be slowly escalatored through the mist into a 24/7 Broncos Super Bowl Party. I'm guessin' you are one of them self important and misguided folk who feel as long as you say "sorry lord" before you die you be heading up north. Got news for ya budinsky, NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Jesus hates the internet - if you don't believe me ask him yourself. Also, HE knew there would be a bunch of dorkwads who think they can get away with anything on this mortal coil due to the fact they "know" and HE knew you'd buy into the last pennance BS...HE is currently pouring drinks behind the bar while Elway throws touchdown after towchdown, smiling at a couple of hoitties, not you.

Also, how about the Meteor in SA last a couple of nights ago? Amazing. Jesus must be upset with the impoverished of that nation. Sorry - yes, meteors are falling as they always have - NEXT!
ColoradoJens

Edit to creat the word "escalatored"

[edit on 25-11-2009 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Talking about the Aussie Bloke thread here..........

Leave the religulous Guy alone....

I hate having to repeat myself.....

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It was supposed to be Planet X, Asteroid, Comet, something coming at us from the South Pole so that nobody could really see it. There were several sites that were talking about it and was the reason I came to ATS in the first place. But it was all just a HOAX.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Duke_Nukem

ME TOOO!!! I wonder how many people were drawn to this site by that thread?? Maybe it was an ATS conspiracy itself??

new topics

top topics

join