It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge UFO photographed in Peru

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This object was witnessed by several individuals and said to have emitted a strange buzzing noise - it was estimated to be over 100 ft long and was also reported to have exhibited electromagnetic effects on radio communications.

It was also noted that when the dense trail of thick vapor emitted from the object fell on the ground there were masses of 'thin fibrous threads'.

Photograph:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7109348b349.jpg[/atsimg]

Customs Officer:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b97a2f5aaee.jpg[/atsimg]

At about 16:30 in the afternoon of 19 July 1952, the attention of Customs Inspector, Sr. Domingo Troncoso, then with the Peruvian Customs Office at Puerto Maldonado on the jungle frontier with Bolivia, was called to a very strange cigar-shaped flying object over the river area.

The big dirigible-shaped craft was flying horizontally and fairly low in the sky, passing from right to left from the observer's position. It was leaving a dense trail of thick smoke, vapor, or substance of some kind on its wake. The thick, whitish substance appeared to be emitted from the aft end of the object in flight.

That this object was a real, structured, physical machine may be seen from its reflection in the waters of the Madre de Dios River underneath it. It can be clearly seen to be well above the broad-leaved jungle trees along the bank of the river in the foreground of the picture.

The object was estimated to be over a hundred feet long. Sr. Troncoso obtained a camera and was able to get one good photograph of the cigar-shaped object.

Report:

The trail persisted for about 15 minutes.When the trail settled to the ground it turned out to be a mass of thin fibrous threads. A Peruvian newspaper reported that the color of the head or nucleus of this disc was an intense orange. Based on sightings about 120 km (73 miles) and about 4 minutes apart, its speed was computed at around 1100 mph. The object, which was flying at low altitude and emitting a buzzing sound, also reportedly knocked out radio communications, indicating that it was causing intense electromagnetic interference.

Links:
www.ufoevidence.org...
roswellproof.homestead.com...
forgetomori.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Heh, I remember this photo from decades back in some of my mothers 1960 UFO books... thing is I had never read the actual testimony for the sighting before so star and flag for that.

Always wondered about the huge vapor trail out the of the object back, had no idea it was 'angel hair' ... find it odd that sightings or incidents of 'angel hair' are almost non existent these days, yet seemed fairly common a few decades ago. Wonder if it was a by product of a particular type of craft or species propulsion, and they aint visiting us no more

One thing I found interesting is after reading Velikovsky 'Worlds in Collison' and his account of how 'mana' might be an organic substance from the tail of comets, and the fact angel hair goes semi gelatinous, maybe it was a low angled meteorite the witness photographed... however speed and other attributes would say otherwise, but still a slight possibility just putting forward an interesting, yet very slim connection.

Not saying it is a meteorite/comet however since the photo evidence to my eye is nothing like one,

An oldie but still a damn goodie.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It looks like a hot dog
a giant flying hot dog
im sure if i wasnt vegatarian my mouth would be watering right now

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The mass of thin fibrous threads got my attention because the first thing that popped into my head was the similarity to the Morgellons phenomenon. I wonder if this was a precursor to the hidden plague that the mainstream never touches with a barge pole. I wonder why the mainstream never touches on it.

It looks to me like this “angel hair” might be a precursor, a dry run for an affliction that so many have to live with these days.

I am either seeing a connection or I need to go to bed.

I remember this photograph from childhood; it is interesting to have a story behind it, thanks op

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
funny. I was thinking fibre optic cable. lol

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

great old photo there karl 12

that one has always had me puzzled and i could never come up with a logical explanation for it. what kind of craft would be shaped like that back in the 50's other than a Zeppelin ? the trail that looks like smoke and fiber material just makes the whole thing bloody weird.

the thin fiber reminds of that angel hair that has been reported with a few UFO cases.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Interesting photo. I have a couple skeptic questions. Bear with me.

1) If the object was moving at speeds over 1100 mph, how come there is no blur? In the 50s wasn't camera technology very primitive? The shutter speed of cameras back then couldn't have captured an object 1100 mph with this kind of clarity right?

2) The ufo is on the left side of the frame. Wouldn't it be anyone taking a picture center the subject of the photograph? Maybe he thought quickly enough to capture the ufo with as much of the smoke trail as possible?

edit: just realized that the given image could've been cropped. If so, where can I find the original full sized picture?

[edit on 20-11-2009 by jimmyjohen]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I've seen this one before too, this is the first time I'm reading about eye witness testimony to go along with it though. It's always stood out as one of the better UFO photos imo.

The age for one adds to the credibility as I doubt hoaxes where nearly as prevalent sixty years ago as they are today. The big thing for me though is the object and the trail behind it. Either one of those in itself could be chalked up to just about anything I guess, having them together sure looks like something out of the ordinary was captured on film.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Very interesting picture, thanks for posting!

It reminds me of the descriptions of the "ghost rockets" sighted over Scandinavia in 1946; they were described as long cigar shaped objects which left a fiery trail behind.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
well just the fact it leaving a vapour trail suggests to me this is of terrestial intelligence and not ET.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjohen
Interesting photo. I have a couple skeptic questions. Bear with me.

1) If the object was moving at speeds over 1100 mph, how come there is no blur? In the 50s wasn't camera technology very primitive? The shutter speed of cameras back then couldn't have captured an object 1100 mph with this kind of clarity right?

It stated that 1100 mph was an estimated speed based on two sightings that were 73 miles and 4 minutes apart. They assumed that is was a constant speed. Maybe it cruised slow for the pic then did about 50 miles in 2 seconds or simply used some other unknown technology to simply "be" where it wanted to be instaniously. Just some other possibilites to consider.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
dude this picture was taken before i was born
still a good picture

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Huge UFO photographed in Peru
---

Hi all,
This picture I've tried to avoid as for me, it was and still is difficult to reason it as something other than either fake or terrestrial simply due to the trail.
Hadn't considered as some have suggested that Angel hair is the answer, but somehow I don't think so. Some good posts above and thanks for the thread, pic and info OP.
Looking forward to learning something more about this pic.

Decoy

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm thinking maybe it could be an experimental aircraft, I remember watching something on the history channel describing the contrail as something similar to that, and it went about 4000 mph.
Just a thought, who knows really though, because of the time frame.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Nice photo, looks legit. Kind of hard to fake somthing when the photo is black and white (long time ago)
thanks for posting !

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by superdebz

yeah and he leaves behind a tail of mustard !

yummy great picture

[edit on 11/15/2009 by 0bserver1]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjohen

2) The ufo is on the left side of the frame. Wouldn't it be anyone taking a picture center the subject of the photograph? Maybe he thought quickly enough to capture the ufo with as much of the smoke trail as possible?
[edit on 20-11-2009 by jimmyjohen]

#1 Back in the 20's through 50's they were just beginning to work on SRL's (single reflex lenses) which means they did not have the automatic technology in cameras to take moving pictures as the everyday person does. Back then, they had to "Roll Focus" which was a technique to follow motion and get clarity. However, there was no roll focus here - in theory, the object would be clear but the foreground and other objects would 'normally' be blurred. I used my dad's 1950's camera to do roll focus experiments in college - got an A too.
The other explanation goes w/#2:

#2 Objects that are far away traveling fast do not appear to be going as fast as you think. It is an optical illusion that they are hovering or moving slower. By the time that camera was set to take that pic that object going that fast would have had time to move from center to off camera.
You can experiment with this with airplanes and pics by just setting your cameras to "M" = manual. I know, it's work, but at least you will learn a few things and it won't take that much time considering you can get the image right away now instead of waiting for development.
Also for those of you who love trains - same principle. I had a friend die on tracks because he wasn't aware of this fact (speed/optics).

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I see a cloud bank and a water droplet on the lens. I'm not seeing any ufo's or rockets, sorry. If this was a fast mover traveling horizontally from left to right, how does the photographer manage to keep the object and the background in focus? Answer: There is no motion. This is a static image, most likely an accident - i.e. water droplet on the lens of a camera photographing a storm bank of clouds. Just my opinion, of course.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwiggins
I see a cloud bank and a water droplet on the lens. I'm not seeing any ufo's or rockets, sorry. If this was a fast mover traveling horizontally from left to right, how does the photographer manage to keep the object and the background in focus? Answer: There is no motion. This is a static image, most likely an accident - i.e. water droplet on the lens of a camera photographing a storm bank of clouds. Just my opinion, of course.

I see your cloud bank but there is one less pronounced under it. The UFO image is to the left top. I don't see your water drop, where is that? Besides, I agree w/the guy who says it looks like a hot dog - looks more like a hot dog than a water drop which would be round.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by DaWhiz]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Very cool post, I have never seen this case before.

I'm guessing there aren't anymore pictures of this sighting ?

Definitly interesting thanks for the Post OP

top topics

<<   2 >>

join