It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercury based Anti-Gravity Technology?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I recently caught this video on You Tube which explains theoretical Anti-Gravity technology. The theoretical device employs Mercury rotating in a superconductive ring to create a Gravitomagnetic field to overcome Earth’s gravity.

Admittedly, I have limited knowledge of Physics and couldn’t begin to say whether or not this type of mechanism would be possible. I would be interested and grateful for any input from those who have expertise in this area.

If it turns out that this device is possible, then I can’t help but wonder if this type of technology could help explain some of the incredible descriptions of flying machines known as Vimanas from ancient Indian texts.

The Vimanas were said to be powered by Mercury. I know that it’s quite a stretch to contemplate that the ancients may have had Anti-Gravity technology but it’s only speculation on my part, sort of a personal indulgence in imagination.

There is an excellent series of threads by Serbsta regarding ancient civilizations here on ATS.
This is the link to “The Indians” thread:

ATS Internal Link to "The Indians" by Serbsta

I’m also aware of other ancient cultures that employed Mercury for various uses. I’ll post pertinent links if there is any interest shown to this thread.

Please forgive me if this has already been discussed. I did a search but did not find this specific video.

Thanks in advance….

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Anamnesis]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Anamnesis

Another Link...

Very interesting stuff, and very interesting back story - though it could merely be the stuff of an overactive imagination...either way, it would seem there is quite a bit more to this chemical element than we realize.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Not to be a jerk, but I want to say this early. When you pick up a paper clip with a magnate, that is defying earths gravity. And I belive they have made a frog float in an electromag generator, but not with 'anti-grav'. It uses the inherent magnitism in your atoms and then repells or attracts as the case may be.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obinhi
Not to be a jerk, but I want to say this early. When you pick up a paper clip with a magnate, that is defying earths gravity. And I belive they have made a frog float in an electromag generator, but not with 'anti-grav'. It uses the inherent magnitism in your atoms and then repells or attracts as the case may be.

Right, I understand that magnetism easily overcomes graviational forces and I'm sure that the video creator understands that as well. However, the video explains a device that uses Gravitomagnetic fields in order to achieve levitation, not magnetic fields.

While GEM forces have yet to be proven, GEM is said to be analagous to electromagnetism in that the lines of force are (theoretically) similar. NASA's Gravity Probe B launched in 2004, completed gathering gravitational data in 2005 and the data is still being analyzed. It is thought that the analasys of that data will shed some light as to whether or not GEM forces actually exist.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The 'Nazi Bell' experiments have possibly been duplicated with results from this outfit called 'SARA'-

www.sara.com...

pesn.com...

"The Nazi-Bell device consisted two of counter-rotating cylindrical containers. The containers, which were positioned one above the other measured approximately 1-meter in diameter, and were filled with cryogenically cooled and frozen Mercury metal. There was a frozen core of a metallic paste, which served as a "high permeability material" for the EMG (electromagnetic-gravitational) field."

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reminds me of someone stating on UFO disclosure conference on the nature of TR-3 , and he stated that mercury was used for partial anti-gravity which reduce 90% effect of gravity

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
To the anti-gravity effect (90-percent gravity reduction) produced by the rotating mercury plasma... I would also add several of the Roger Shawyer's 'reactionless' EMDrives for maneuvering and thrust - to overcome the remaining 10-percent of vehicle mass.

Discussed in this thread:
"Chinese Say They're Building 'Impossible' Space Drive"
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=7483196#pid7483196

[edit on 12/10/2009 by Larryman]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hi, gravity fans.

Here is one of the FIRST time, the antigravity effect of
a "rotating body" was disovred:

Enterprisemission Von_Braun SECRET
www.enterprisemission.com...

Antigravity Berkeley UNIVERSITY
www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

Blue skies.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The scientific term for this phenomenon is:

Magnetohydrodynamics Propulsion

If you've ever seen "The Hunt For the Red October", it was used to propel the Russian submarine without making any noise whatsoever.

The only problem with using it in a flying vehicle is that it would take an amount of energy closed to a nuclear power plant to work successfully. But who knows, they may have nuclear powered MHD planes....

[edit on 12/10/2009 by Choronzon]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

No - I think the correct term for 'Mercury based Anti-Gravity' would be Gravitomagnetic Levitation. The magnetohydrodynamic propulsion you reference requires a reaction against seawater ions. There is no seawater in outer space.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Let's not be so dismissive, after all we should deny ignorance not perpetuate it...

MHD can be used outside of water, the basic premise is to circulate mercury in its fluid form through a magnetic field to excite ions outside of the system as a form of propulsion.

For seagoing vessels that would be seawater ions...yes. Currently, it is not possible to replicate this form of propulsion in a non-aquatic environment (that we know of), because it requires resistance to generate ions.

In order to reproduce MHD propulsion in the sky, it would require astronomical amounts of energy to circulate the mercury at a high enough rate that would be required to generate resistance to the surrounding air.

In lamens terms: Anti-Gravity.

It would be classified technology that is for sure...

[edit on 12/10/2009 by Choronzon]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm not comfortable with the way he described dot and cross products. It was kind of like he knew the words but didn't understand the meaning. I'm not sure why he even had those in there other than to convince non physicists that he must know something about physics.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

There is also no "surrounding air" in outer space. But there is still surrounding gravity.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by georgejetson

I can confirm his description of electronics physics. His 'right hand' electric-magnetism rule is valid.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You're correct it would not work outside of the atmosphere. But it would however provide an anti-gravity effect within the atmosphere.

I'm simply describing the correct terminology for the OP's mysterious liquid mercury anti-gravity engine, so that others can research it on their own time.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Mercury does not attain superfluidity. Helium does, though.

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman
reply to post by georgejetson

I can confirm his description of electronics physics. His 'right hand' electric-magnetism rule is valid.

The right hand rule is something you learn about in high-school, going from that to fairly cutting edge physics is a bit of a stretch.

As I said, it sounded like he knew the right words, but I'm not convinced by his deeper understanding of the subject. He didn't seem comfortable with what he was saying and a lot of it was superfluous to what he was actually discussing.

Admittedly though, this could be explained by him simply not being that good at presenting.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
You're correct it would not work outside of the atmosphere. But it would however provide an anti-gravity effect within the atmosphere.

I'm simply describing the correct terminology for the OP's mysterious liquid mercury anti-gravity engine, so that others can research it on their own time.

If it doesn't work in a vacuum then it's not anti-gravity but something more akin to an ionic-wind lifting device. The MHD machine you describe is creating lift or propulsion by stripping electrons from atoms to create ions, the resulting flow of electrons in one direction effectively produces propulsion and/or lift. This type of device will not work in a vacuum and shouldn't be considered anti-gravity.

buddhasystem - I suppose if Mercury cannot attain superfluidity than the whole premise is shot eh? Still looking into that but if you have some links I would like to see....

Great responses everyone... thanks.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Anamnesis]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The key to antigravity is superconductivity: when electrons are in a superconducting state, they form cooper pairs, and they force the massless graviton particle to obtain mass.

That's what Podklenov discovered, that's what other people have discovered.

esamultimedia.esa.int...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think the mercury is supposed to be in a plasma form, which has mercury ions that would react to an applied magnetic field. And thus, allow the mercury plasma to be accelerated in the torrid tube, and restricted from making contact with the tube - just like a particle accelerator. In that case, it would not need to be a 'superfluid' to avoid tube-wall contact friction. It would be restricted from wall contact by the controlling magnetic fields.

I think his 'superfluid' term throws us off track. I think the mercury should be in a plasma form.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join