It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geithner Asked to Resign For the Good Of the Country

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Yes, Obama was overly optimistic when he estimated how far unemployment would rise. It turns out to be worse than he, or anyone else including the best economists, could predict.

The fact is NOBODY knew, or knows now, for sure exactly what the numbers will be. They can only work with statistics and probabilities.

Economic indicators show a world-wide depression is averted and the economy is beginning to turn around.

The recession may go deeper and unemployment may go higher before it's over he but that doesn't mean the stimuli haven't worked.

Americans want everything to be fixed in a day.

The recession (which could easily have been a depression) wasn't a day in the making and it will take years before it is all over, no matter what anyone does.

Again, the stimulus money is nowhere near being all spent yet. Give it a chance to work.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm not that fond of this guy either and from what I've seen of him he doesn't impress me. But before we all jump on his junk I suggest you all read this op-ed piece from David Brooks (a conservative btw) which appeared this past week:

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Rockpuck

Actually with mid term elections coming around the corners the Democrats that are holding seats in congress and about to change, are trying to distance themselves from Obama fiasco politics.

After all the way things are going Obama will be a one time wonder and congress will be in the hands of whatever crocks have majority next time.

So Obama is only 4 years congress is 6 and I can tell many Democrats see Obama gone after this term.

I'll make this prediction right now: Obama, after a shaky start, passes health care reform which becomes wildly popular. He'll survive an assassination scare and come out of it stronger than ever as the economy starts to revive. He'll be overwhelmingly re-elected in 2012.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsoul2009

Thanks for the NY Times article post. It's very interesting.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsoul2009

I'll make this prediction right now: Obama, after a shaky start, passes health care reform which becomes wildly popular. He'll survive an assassination scare and come out of it stronger than ever as the economy starts to revive. He'll be overwhelmingly re-elected in 2012.

That's absurd. There is no possible way that becomes reality. The economy is tanking beyond belief..our dollar is on the ropes...and the debt is insurmountable.

He's approved trillions of dollars to banks while the rest of the country has been getting scraps....and insurance/interest rates on credit cards is exploding.

My auto insurance has gone up...my health insurance has gone up...and taxes have gone up. I didn't make that much money in the first place...granted..I'm one of the fortunate ones that haven't lost my job.

Best wishes to those hurting.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
DO IT DO IT!! i hate Geithner. do us all a favor and kill yourself instead

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join