It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoo You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Tattoo You

hplusmagazine.com

Professor Litt’s laboratory is a collaboration between Neurology, Neurosurgery, Neuroscience, and Engineering. While epilepsy is the lab’s core focus, other research includes implantable neurodevices, functional neurosurgery, network and computational neuroscience, movement disorders, intra-operative and ICU monitoring, major mental illness, and other brain network disorders.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-11-2009 by the_grand_pooh-bah]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
please put in the correct thread for me,still newbish...

does this creep out anyone else?
a few cool applications but mostly only evil uses come to mind.

electronic tattoos are scary!

ok,it wants more...I'll give it more.
I would've thought a scary technology that can eat our soul would've been enough.

hplusmagazine.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I can't wait until they implement these into computers inside of you -- not such a bad thing in my opinion

rfid has practical uses as well (beyond all the paranoid kids)

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by the_grand_pooh-bah

I hate your avatar..or whatever!

Feels like I am looking at myself in the mirror.

lol

Anyhow what a kinky way to get big brother on your back.

Mandatory health care will soon equal a blood sugar monitor tatoo so as too minimize the cost to the state and for EARLY DETECTION of said fill in the blanks illness.

lol

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Good find! S&F
This could have potential for abuse, HOWEVER, for those people with severe epilepsy or serious neurological disorders this could be a huge help.
It all basically boils down to its an option if you need it.

As for mandatory health care, I live in a small Province with mandatory (mandatory=socialized; if you are a citizen you have to have it) health care. I don't see it being remotely practical or economical to "force" everyone to get something like this. The logistics and the amount of data are staggering even for a small population.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimur

Centralized data gathering would allow for easy access for the Socialized Health Care.

We could actually look at genetic factors while we are at it and suggest the best diet lifestyle according to the medical history of your DNA...

Hmmm..could be Utopian or Dystopian (spl)depending on your point of view!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
posted on 23-2-2010 at 02:59 PM

Centralized data gathering would allow for easy access for the Socialized Health Care.

We could actually look at genetic factors while we are at it and suggest the best diet lifestyle according to the medical history of your DNA...

Hmmm..could be Utopian or Dystopian (spl)depending on your point of view!

I agree, glass half empty / half full.

Really with all the micro/nano tech we are becoming saturated in, it would definitely give the men in white a clearer picture as to what is going on in your body. This could be both good and bad. however I still think it would be very unlikely that something like this could be implemented in the near future. Look at Veri Chip for example. I would say that they are fairly mainstream, yet not mandatory or readily implemented.
"well Mr. Smith, after evaluating your dietary data, we've come to the conclusion you have far too much fat and sugar in your diet. Maybe cut back on the McDonalds in the future. And also, we've noticed you eat far too much at one time. We suggest smaller meals spread through out the day. Your evaluation was brought to you by Akzo Nobel...."

Centralized records are already a part of the system. I'm sure down in the States (even private insurance companies in Canada has centralized records.) the insurance companies have centralized records.
Here we have a central health system, once the hospital know who you are, bang, they have a cursory view of your health history IE your a diabetic, epileptic, etcetera (they have to go to your family doctor for specific details regarding your history though).

Who know you could become your own "flash" health record will all of your information readily downloaded to the doctors or "health authorities" who ever they may be.

This story reminds me of some British Soldier friends getting their blood type and major allergies tattooed on the sides of their chests near their elbows (incase their arms get blown off). I guess they are their own health records too!

top topics

join