It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I supply my friends a link at facebook, so they can become members of ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Any answers?

I know people are paranoid between links, but, I am sure a lot of my friends would love this site. So, how, do I link you?

I just want to say, most of my friends are very intelligent people, who could add a lot of discussion to this site. It's nothing bad about sharing, is there?

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Below I have included a link so you can send it to your friends

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please copy and paste that onto your facebook status or something idk. (or send them the link or just tell them?)

Thanks

J

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thanks, I will try that. I do believe a lot of my friend could greatly add to this site, for information, and just being members. Can't hurt, Ah, Skeptic Overlord?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Ah, ok, well that was nice, a splice of this place, with no real address for my friends to linky to.

Well, I guess the owners of this site, might not like it. However, I have no problem on facebook, linking Youtube, vids, and of other places. But, I sure do here.

I guess we might all give ATS, too much credit, we can't all linky a specific title or subject that non members might be interested in.

Sad, really. With the grade of posts, and titles lately, a fresh, intelligent view, might be in order. No offense, but, really, this place, lately.....

I don't know what the cost might be to the owners of this site, but to automatically link, like a person can do with Youtube, might be a consideration.

Just 'sayin, a fresh perspective of a lot of possible new members might be in order.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm a bit confused. You asked for a link, someone provided one, then after 14 minutes you decided to knock the site?

a link to the site is what you asked for, a link is what you received.

did you mean you wanted a banner on your site that will link people back to the site? something along the lines of this?

not sure how to make that work in facebook but I figured it was worth a shot finding out where the suddent change in attitude was coming from.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Do you simply want to supply a URL to a specific thread in the forum. I think all you would need to do is go to the thread and copy and paste the URL of the thread into your Facebook wall. Your friends won't be able to participate until they join of course, but they will get to a specific thread if that's your concern.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Well if banner is what you want, you shall have one. Because I have always loved this site. Hmm, so, nice to hear from a fellow who is part of this site, since you a rarely say anything. I can only add to the site, with intellignet comments from intelligent people, so, all I can offer those, is a banner?

You have gotten me wrong, why can't I link you directly from another site to this one, like, you can from Utube on a subject, a song, or a political manifesto?

I don't appriciate your bullying me, at all, as a member. I believe in you, why is it so hard to ask for a link, rather than posting your banner? Heck, you should have a direct link, for people that should frequent your site. You don't. I tell people about your topics, and say to them, ATS, or ABOVE TOP SECRET! Why can't I just link them to a particular subject? Some of my friends might not want to visit the whole site, only a particular SUBJECT...,To get more fans for the site is in your hands from there.

Don't piss on a member, I am only trying to help you, and asked a question.

Edit to fix typo's cause cracker has pissed me off

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

What is it exactly that you would like to link to?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hmmm .. facebook has a place to link websites, I do it all the time. Just copy and paste http into the link opition.
If you are on that topic or post just copy and paste the address in the http above it . It will send them directly to that post.
It also gives a brief description of the subject.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Reevster]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
it seems everyone has answered your question.

you do a little thing called copy and paste the URL to your facebook.

or are you asking for a facebook share button?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I'm rather confused (as usual).

You asked the site for a link to this site. It was provided and you then got upset with the site because we didn't provide a link. I merely asked what, exactly, you were trying to accomplish. It wasn't a malicious question. Are you trying to put a banner on your facebook page to link your friends back to ATS? IF so, perhaps someone with some facebook experience can assist you in that arena as I am not a facebook user.

If you are trying to do something else, a bit more explanation might be in order as, it seems, everyone posting in the thread seems to think you want to put the ats address on your facebook page.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Anything that might be of interest to my friends. Why should I have them peruse this whole site, to reply, with wisdom.

Is this site about getting new members, and not pissing off the ones you have already?

I came here, and asked a question, nicely. I am not too thrilled, just by the answere of a site big wig, alone.

Hey, I love this place. Should I put on my facebook account, how rudely I have been treated, just in this thread alone?

Most of my friends will only look in here for particular subjects. Like, people would look to Utube, for a particular song, or subject. GET ME, YET??? How hard is it to explain, you should have a link, to not just this site, but, for a particular thread, or comment.

I'm making a point, not ready for an argument, but you have royally pissed me off! Don't you see, if I link people to a particular thread, or comment, it would only help?

I asked a question, I have only gotten royally pissed off. Why can't you see where I am coming from, in getting more people interesten in this site.?

A banner is nice for people who back it. Wan't more members? Make it easy for them to link to you.

By the way, you selection of ATS wear sucks..............send me a few shirts made for the female anatomy. I would wear them, because I am proud of this site.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Well, poop, there you go,in my last reply............

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

If you look up in the address bar of your browser, it'll show an address for wherever you are at any particular time. C&P that address and it will link to wherever you were.

You can link a specific forum like this-

will take you to the list of Breaking Alternative news threads, for example.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
so you want to provide links directly to specific threads?

copy the address from the top of your browser and paste it on facebook, I guess. I don't think there's any other way to do what you are asking.

as to the store, well, it's on my long list of things to do. Perhaps you can u2u me and tell me what you're looking for and I can see about getting the items added to the store.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Blanca...

Just COPY and PASTE the URL in your browser's address box of the thread you want them to read, post that on your facebook page (or wherever on Facebook you want to post it) and it will take them directly to the thread you want them to read and no where else.

Just like this: www.abovetopsecret.com... will take you directly to this post.

All I did was copy the url in my browser's address box and paste it into this post.

Nobody has been rude to you in this thread. Every single response has been a very NICE effort to show you how to do what you want to do.

Way are you upset?

Springer...

[edit on 11-19-2009 by Springer]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

OK, if you want to link a thread just copy and paste the address up in your browser:

If you want to link a specific post "right" clink on the button at the top of the post that says "this post". A window will open up that says "address". Copy and paste that:

To see all of this hit quote on this post and you will see it.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Just like this: [edit] will take you directly to this post.

Actually, that takes you to the Reply box.
"A" for effort, though.

And now fixed.

[edit on 11/19/09 by MrDesolate]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDesolate

I greatly appeciate your reply. I am looking for something more specific. A topic, a reply. I can only get people I know enticed by a particular comment or topic. I am not, getting paid to direct people to this site, by way of the breakinng news, section, for example.

This place is about passion, for what you believe in,, and dare to type. I want my friends, whom I know are passionate about a subject, to be able to go to a particular comment, or subject. I don't want my friends to just be sucked into this place, because I know that a lot of them would be offended by comments, say, for instance, against Jews on this site.. I want them to speak for themselves on particular subjcets they might like.

Maybe I am off, but why does a person have to visit this whole shebang when they might only be interested in a particular thread, or area of the board?

Am I wrong, becaues ATS gets money from the ads I see, to draw members due to a topic, post, or the place, alltogeter?

I am really baffled at this point. I am a member and have gotten what I believe is a rude answer, not yours by the way,

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Sorry you feel that way. All I'm seeing are some genuine efforts to assist. Check intrepid's post above. Yes you can link to a specific thread or post anywhere on the site.

Linking is what the www is all about.

<<   2  3 >>

join