It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexual innuendo in Madonna's Like a Prayer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This has been on my mind for some time now but I've been afraid to bring it up with my friends for fear that they would think I'm crazy or something.

Madonna is synonomous with "free love", her oversexuality and general distain for religious mores. Why would she suddenly come out with an apparently religious, gospel-like song at the hight of her career?

It seems more likely to me that this so-called gospel-like song of hers is just a mask to hide an underlying sexual message.

Have we all been duped?

My theory is that the song is really about oral gratification of the male organ (that's as delicately as I can put it). I cannot listen to this song without thinking this.

Take a look at these lyrics and tell me if you can see it to;

When you call my name it's like a little prayer
I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there
In the midnight hour I can feel your power
Just like a prayer you know I'll take you there

I hear your voice, it's like an angel sighing

Her singing about going down on her knees wanting to "take you there", doing it in "the midnight hour" and feeling your power (orgasm?). And the line about his voice sounding like an angel sighing - maby moaning?

Is it just me, is my mind just stuck in the gutter, or is there something to this?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
...........just want to say hello.............

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I thought the same thing, just the other day, when I heard it on the radio...

Like Cindy Lauper's "She Bop" song is about masturbation....

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Madonna has some admitted issues when it comes to sex and religion. She once admitted the reason the crucifix featured so prominently in her work in the 80's is due to the fact she was sexually aroused by images of Jesus in the nude.

The video itself is very sexual. It doesn't surprise me at all to see the strong sexual overtones and religion being combined in her work. She has some sort of fixation on it like when she filmed that scene in A League of Their Own seducing the priest.

I guess it's some sort of personal fetish.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
madonna makes me shudder.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

No, you're mind isn't neccasarily in the gutter.

Put it to you this way. If you hear a Madonna song, ANY Madonna song, assume it's at least a LITTLE bit about sex.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I always thought that song was about sex. I think it's more along the lines off the song having religious innuendo. She's such a bad, bad Catholic girl!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I just want to thank all the folks who FINALLY responded to this thread.

I always thought I was goofy or paranoid for thinking this. :bash:

Thanks, everyone, for validating the fact that I'm not a COMPLETE nut job.

top topics

join