It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Hurricanes At Thirty Year Low, Gore Turns To Photoshop

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

With Hurricanes At Thirty Year Low, Gore Turns To Photoshop

www.prisonplanet.com

With the increasingly discredited notion of man-made global warming crashing and burning on a daily basis, climate alarmists are being forced to accelerate their fearmongering to unprecedented levels. With the evidence failing to match up to the doomsday proclamations, Al Gore has turned to photoshop in order to make a CO2-choked earth look scary enough to sell his cap and trade scam.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 11/19/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This guy will stop at nothing to keep his show going. Its still beyond me that he actually got the NPP for this crap. This should be the nail in the coffin for him IMO.

Whats funny is he actually thought this chop job would work. He should know by now that the public is going to check and recheck his materials.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
He should know by now that the public is going to check and recheck his materials.

www.prisonplanet.com

Unfortunately the average Joe is either so brainwashed or just plain ignorant that facts usually mean that Al Gore is right.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by palg1]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

Actually he has a big chunk of his fortune tied up in "green" and or climate/cap and trade related companies. If global warming legislation doesn't get passed he loses a substantial amount of money. His interest is nothing more than greed.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

You are absolutely right! There is no convincing proof and he is the big money that risks losing if that legislation flops.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

People are waking up. His book should be in the fiction section in book stores. I dont even know how he got his bunk information published without his editor laughing at him.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Yep, because only gore supports man-made climate change theories; no other scientists agree with him at all. Err, hang on...

Believe what you want about Gore, but denying man's influence on the environment when we cover it is tantamount to stupidity. We create acid rain, change weather patterns, destroy ecosystems and make deserts at an unprecedented rate.

If you don't believe in global warming then the question should be HOW are we changing the world's climate?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan
Yep, because only gore supports man-made climate change theories; no other scientists agree with him at all. Err, hang on...

Believe what you want about Gore, but denying man's influence on the environment when we cover it is tantamount to stupidity. We create acid rain, change weather patterns, destroy ecosystems and make deserts at an unprecedented rate.

If you don't believe in global warming then the question should be HOW are we changing the world's climate?

All mixed metaphors.

No one is denying that mankind hasn't polluted the planet.

And many are not denying that the climate seems to be warming.

What many ARE denying is that mankind is at fault for the climate warming up - if it is. The best anecdotal evidence that mankind is NOT responsible is that global warming and cooling have happened cyclically for millions and billions of years - well BEFORE mankind ever showed up on the planet.

That leads to the question of if much larger forces than mankind are responsible for global warming, then exactly how could mankind be expected to be able to do anything about it?

Which leads to the final conclusion that all efforts to do so are nothing more than money making schemes for a few elitists such as Gore, who has done nothing to curb his own emissions - verbal or otherwise.

As an aside, try researching "snowball earth", where the earth was covered pole to pole in thick ice sheets. There have been plenty of other ice ages, some as recent as 12,000 years ago. So, IF Gore is right, there is also the possibility that we're preventing a new ice age (just as damaging!) from happening. Many people would consider that a positive thing.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

Denying man's influence on the environment would be stupid. But what Al Gore preaches is nothing to do with the environment in general. It's about that trace atmosheric gas which is the modern day witch to the green religion.

CO2

CO2 has morphed from a trace gas neccessary to all life on Earth, to the evil pollutant that will bring about the destruction of the entire world. The sad thing is that the politicians and fear mongerers have used emotional blackmail to make people think you must support AGW theories if you have any care for the environment. But in reality, it is distracting people from the real problems facing humanity and our environment.

Things such as heavy metal poisoning of waterways, extensive commercial fishing, over fertilisation wreaking havoc with natural eco systems, chemically tainted water supplies, increasing land use changes (along with the other things you mentioned), the list of our negative impacts goes on. But now all the so called "environmentalists" care about is CO2 emmissions.

So IMO, you shouldn't just be asking how we are changing the climate, but how are we changing our environment. Maybe then, we will actually see real benefits to our way of life, rather than just money making policies for vested interests.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Sure we have an impact on the environment, hell the planet changes on its own. But this guy is straight up lying and he is doing it for nothing more than control and profit. He has no intention of making the world a better place. He is a hypocrite on so many different levels I cant even begin to know where to start.

He literally has no backing from the scientific community. Who the heck would want to buy his book?

I find this hilarious, its about time people see him for what he is.
A JOKE!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I agree that Gore has made many mistakes, and outright lied in places.

However, the original article does not just talk about Al Gore, it talks about all climate scientisits.

With the increasingly discredited notion of man-made global warming crashing and burning on a daily basis, climate alarmists are being forced to accelerate their fearmongering to unprecedented levels.

I don't see theories of global warming crashing and burning, I have not seen one single paper that can link anything to this recent unprecedented rate of temperature change. If it's natural we have no idea what's doing it and it hasn't done it in a very long time, which is even scarier.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Undeniable proof that global warming is real...

Deny that!

But your right, global climate change isn't man made, how arrogant of us to think that we could possibly affect the planet that much.

But the earth is getting warmer, it does that. We are just a couple hundred years out of a mini ice age.

[edit on 11/19/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It's really not the first time Mr. Gore has taken liberties with the truth.

Remember the famous photo of the stranded polar bears?
The end justifies the means? pffffffffft. I think Mr. Gore should be required to replicate MY carbon footprint.

edit to fix link

[edit on 19/11/09 by argentus]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
You know, i thought everyone and thei mother knew, photoshiop is use more to make stuff up* not post a real time pic of how things are. I dont trust anything photoshop..

Al gore is just trying to get his carbon tax scheme rolling, so he can keep ripping us off, and going to the bank* I sawa documentary on this a year or so ago hbo. A woman, put money or credits itno his carbon tax thing, she was actually convinced she is saving the planet, by forking over credits and money that was in a sense, conured outta thin air. It actually has less value than monopoly money! no wonder maybe part the reason were in a recession...
Giving yuor life savings to total strangers, telling you the world will end soon, is blind leading the blind. Remember the movie poltergiest? part 2 i thin it was, shows hte spooky old ghost man, before he died as a human, in a cave, getting others to follow him, tellig them the endis coming, and sealed everyone up in it till they died.
Thats what i always think when i hear al gore talk about we need to do something*
Aloowing less harmfull products the give off less waste is the solution. Providing it wa affordable* i get peeved when i hearr al gore talking cause its all for greedy profit* he dosnt care about the earth as much as he claims...only thing he cares about, is the quality of the green paper the money is, and the synthesized digits in terms of credit building up in his account*

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Al Gore doesn't care about the climate. All he cares about is his bank account. That guy pollutes more than the Average Joe, but he can, since he's Al Gore.

And why not turn to Photoshop to get his message across? He used PowerPoint to win the Nobel Prize!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Its been well known that global warming will cause more El nino's
El Nino's break up hurricane formation.

so global warming will cause LESS hurricanes.
www.aoml.noaa.gov...
www.pbs.org...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I am willing to have a serious look at Al Gores Global Warming data once... and only once... he proves the existence of MANBEARPIG!

IRM

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan

For one, I'm sick of being presumed "environmentally unconscious" if in fact I don't buy anthropogenic global warming hook, line and sinker. That's a categorical kneejerk fallacy. You really need to be more depressed so that you can think critically. The idea of "denying" you communicate is rather similar in tone to when I hear "infidel".

The second fallacy of yours is the presumption that climate change is somehow equivalent to global warming when in fact you softly contradict yourself in your previous paragraph by naming other modes of modifying the ecosystem.

The third fallacy is that of a circular argument "if you don't believe in global warming...HOW are we changing the world's climate?" which presumes the the conclusion that we are changing the world's climate by warming it.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The really funny thing about that Photoshop job is that the hurricane next to Florida is spinning the wrong way!

Hurricanes on the Northern hemisphere turn counterclockwise, not clockwise.

Al Gore is a friggin' joke

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I hope this goes mainstream

do you know how many fans this hack al gore has?
you know how many people hate Nader because of Al not winning the race?

It's ridiculous, people believe anythign

top topics

<<   2 >>

join