It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget Flat-Panel TV's... Just get an Electronic Tattoo!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Wow... Forget the RFID chips.... I guess eventually we will be able to browse the internet on a screen that is actually on our body and plugged into our brain.

It's amazing technology that can help a lot of people with medical disorders, but is this going to far?
Souce:

Animated and programmable LED tattoos connected to your brain? You could show off your latest Flash animations, watch TV on your arm, or have a built-in PDA screen. The possibilities are endless. Perhaps more than simply a fashion statement, you could use such LED tattoos to display medical information about your body such as blood-sugar readings. A recent article in MIT Technology Review describes a new type of super-thin silicon transistor that can be embedded on a dissolvable silk-based film and can do all of that.

[edit on 11/19/2009 by x2Strongx]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
*In a Keanu Reeves voice* Whoa

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Neat idea. I'd hate to see them replace tattoos though in the fashion sense, the experience of getting one would be completely thrown away. But for things like blood sugar readings or blood type or stuff like that, i think its a pretty useful and helpful idea.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

I agree with you on the tattoo experience. But tattoos have gotten to be more fashion now than anything.

I guess pretty soon you will be able to get this all over your body and change the color of your skin. Well, it would make Halloween much easier!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
just started another thread on this same story,searched for it too.
ohwell.

the video screen and artistic or medical implications aside
this scares the hell out of me, a filament to a persons pleasure center or to any number of other places would make remote control simple.
and we know nobody would ever think of mind control or behavior modification in this day and age.*cough cough*

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Think of the money you could make by selling electronic tattoo advertising space on your body.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
Think of the money you could make by selling electronic tattoo advertising space on your body.

That's actually the first thing I thought of when I read this!

I wouldn't do it but some people would, and I'm sure some advertisers would be willing to pay for it.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

If the tattoo can be programable then for sure. UFC, boxing, wrestling, swimming and any other professional sport where no shirts are worn etc. The commercial and advertising companies are going to take over the world lol. It will be like the Blade Runner world.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Here's a guy in the ARMY that is selling his arm to the highest bidder for advertisement.

$50,000 does sure sound cheap for a lifelong advertisement...
Source: Ebay

I am trying to sell space on my arm, the complete and full arm. I have been having some small financial issues and I am really in need of some funds to help out my family and eliminate a few debts that have accumulated. My vehicle is running into the ground and I don't make enough nor do I have the credit to just get one and start new. Please take this into consideration when reviewing this listing. I travel alot because of my job and I see many many people in many different places all over the country. But what I'm trying to accomplish here is to just raise a little money to help out my wife and my son with a little better of a life other than living from paycheck to paycheck every month.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
more onerous.. how long until they require them for people so that the public safety paranoids start printing your offenses out on your forehead so others know to stay away from you. Like a black teddy bear for pedos, red dollar signs for people in bankruptcy, flashing gender signs for having an STD, and so on.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
more onerous.. how long until they require them for people so that the public safety paranoids start printing your offenses out on your forehead so others know to stay away from you. Like a black teddy bear for pedos, red dollar signs for people in bankruptcy, flashing gender signs for having an STD, and so on.

I don't think they'll do that. Because although you were thinking with the public safety in mind, it would never be done for private safety.

What I mean by this is anyone who walks around with a mark on their body alerting people that they are a paedophile, are going to be killed, eventually (and rightly so, in my opinion). Paedo's never last long in jail, and they wouldnt last long in public, either. The STD idea would be alright though. From what i've heard, AIDS is a bitch.

[edit on 11/19/2009 by Schmidt1989]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
That video is from late 2007. There isn't really much newer info, except more Web sites covering the story. This story doesn't talk about it having to be connected to the brain directly, though it says it can be connected to the nervous system for medical reasons, like to help control Parkinson's. Pretty cool!

www.gizmag.com...

new topics

top topics

join