It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny mummified Adult cat may go Guinness!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Remember when my daughter and I found a mummy on our property (in the foothills of Mount Charleston overlooking the Pahrump Valley in Nevada) on Thanksgiving of 2003.

The mummy was examined by cryptobiologist and an anatomist. The main test was looking through a microscope at the mummy's dentition (teeth) to determine its age. It turns out it is an ADULT cat of some kind, but is ONLY 5 and 1/2 inches long! It was also compared to a normal size mummified cat that died inside the walls of a Stone Chapel and was there for over a hundred years. Both were dessicated (lost all their moisture content) but our little mystery mummy was ONLY about the size of the other cats head!

A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine said, "One thing I observe in the photos is that the molar (last tooth) in the upper jaw is a *lot* bigger and more developed than you usually see in modern domestic cats. But I guess that just deepens the mystery!"

Well I'm trying to get it put in the Guinness World Records for being the smallest Adult cat. I haven't heard back from Guinness yet, as it takes several weeks.

[Edited on 09/08/2002 by MountainStar]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
cool
Let us know how it turns out

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'll be looking for it in the next edition of their book. That'd be pretty cool if it got in.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I wonder if there is SOME natural enzime in cats, that makes them better mummy subjects than usuall?

I have a friend who was remodeling his house, and found a cat carcuss in his roof area.....VERY decicated. Dryed up. Who knows how old? the house was built in the 20's though......He calls it 'kitty mummy' and keeps it to this day.
After reading this post, I wondered IF there is something 'special' about a feline that they would tend to mummify more readily than other creatures?

hmmmmmmmmm

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I wonder if there is SOME natural enzime in cats, that makes them better mummy subjects than usuall?

I don't know theRiverGoddess.
Good question, but the odds out here I think are slim. Usually dead things don't even have time to rot muchless mummify, around these parts. The ravens, coyotes, cougars, bobcats and other carnivores feast upon them almost before they even stop breathing. Not to mention the bugs. The scientists can't understand why this full grown cat is so small. They feel it survived for sometime too.
Here's a picture of the mummy.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Well Guinness doesn't want him because it's dead!

It's got to be alive to qualify. Now... why did they make me wait weeks to tell me that?

Hmmmmmm......I wonder if they can clone him???

The DNA is probably a little dried out huh?

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Don't they have a 'Smallest Dead Cat" Category?

Anyways, that's no cat, that's a Chupacabra! lol

Could be.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Here's a picture of Jane Goldman holding my baby chupacabra.

When the 'Museum of the Unexplained' were doing research of the mummy Jane Goldman showed up to investigate the Bob White UFO object. It's the second picture down. That's the mummy in Janes hands!

img11.photobucket.com...

new topics

top topics

join