It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: What I believe the Bin Laden battle plan to be.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This article contains my opinion on what I think the Al Qaeda battle plan for America/Europe/sympathizers of to be..

As we have recently seen, America and Britian's populations are easily out-raged by things like the prisoner abuse, the Nick Berg video, etc. The populations are, clearly, steadily losing support for the war in Iraq, as the insurgents continue to kill American and British servicemen. Tony Blair's office is now rife with resignation theories, and G. W. Bush is fighting desperately not to get over his head with the 9/11 panel and the prisoner abuse scandal.
Al Qaeda are slowly winning their war, as plans to pull out of Iraq are being discussed with ever-more seriousness, the casualties are no longer just 'another American soldier has been killed', but the sheer volume of casualties means that a fair number of people will be directly affected by these losses.
I believe that, as we pull out of Iraq, deplete the Afghanistan 'defence force', and admit defeat on the WMD and Bin Laden, Al-Qaeda will turn back to America and Europe. Preliminary strikes will be small, e.g. bombs in Macdonalds as we have recently seen, to create the aspect of fear and terror in the population, not knowing when they will be hit, not knowing how. People will become afraid to go outside when not absolutely necessary, as an 'it will be me, it's always me' ego sets in. The media will play a big role, reporting these terrorist incidents and striking fear into the hearts of people. Simultaneously, larger scale attacks, e.g. the Madrid bombing, will be committed, perhaps even done in such a way that they are deliberately foiled. Just hearing about '1000 pounds of fertilizer found, Old Trafford was to be blown up by Al-Qaeda' will scare people. Western influences in the Middle East, and especially, Israel, will diminish, as the Middle East evolve into a new power, playing off the oil card.
Al Qaeda will never, however, defeat the US/Europe, as any 'invasion' of any form will rally the populus. But they can easily make us live all in fear. I would not be surprised if there is even a nuclear threat at the moment.
With the elections coming up, people think they can, literally, vote away their problems. Voting out Tony Blair and George Bush wont make Al-Qaeda go away, it just changes the battlefield. Instead of our soldiers in the Middle East being targetted, the focus will shift to the population.

Please note, this is just my opinion/interpretation. Feel free to rinse.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Follow up:
Sorry, just realized I left a bit out.
I think that the Middle East states supporting America/Europe will be terrorized as well.. Or perhaps provoked, such as Israel was recently in the Gaza raids. Alternatively, their leaders killed, such as the Iraqi council leader in a bombing only a few days ago, and slightly more pro-Al-Qaeda people placed into power?

Oh, and, thanks for reading.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by browha]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Since Bin Laden and Bush have been family friends for years, I doubt this is the plan. Remember it was the Bin Ladens that loaned GW the $ for the Texas Rangers. They were also the only people flying on 9/11 and 9/12, other than the Military. I think the focus is to try and scare everyone here to vote for GW but not having an attack here but by having the Al Quaida guys do stuff every where else. It's all a ruse.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Dont forget that the Bin Laden family have, basically, disowned Osama.
The Bin Ladens are a construction family, the Bushes are an oil family..
Is there any conclusive proof that money was loaned to GWB by Bin Laden other than other conspiracy sites?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I am surprised that this has only had one reply so far... Considering the number of people who have read it... Does no one else have any opinion at all on this topic?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
You make some good points. It was a very good read. I have been struggling with the same line of thinking as to whether or not ending the US's involvement in the Mid East would increase or decrease the likelyhood of attacks at home. I'm beginning to believe like you, that if we give them an inch, they'll want a mile.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Thank you

It is roughly what I have believed since 9/11, except for refining parts about Iraq, etc....
I believe 9/11 was caused to wake America up about these atrocities in the world, and as many films say, 'You watch wars and murders on your TVs sitting at home drinking beer and eating pizza. You do not know what it is like.' (I believe that is from Behind Enemy Lines? Or The Peacekeeper?)
Plus, it made America realize it wasnt invincible. America is still too young a nation, it is still naive

top topics

join